Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2013 Goals/Achievements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

I thought the percentage of people getting an A in CSPE much higher, people look at CSPE too easy but at the end of the day they may even only get a D/C I got 93% in my mocks, so I'm pretty confident of an A.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭examstress

I thought the percentage of people getting an A in CSPE much higher, people look at CSPE too easy but at the end of the day they may even only get a D/C I got 93% in my mocks, so I'm pretty confident of an A.

I got 93 aswell and 100 in my action project for the mocks ,im always falling asleep in class haha but i'm afraid ill get a B :(Ive never studied for it and honestly the only time i have to study for it is the 2 hours prior :L

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

examstress wrote: »
    I got 93 aswell and 100 in my action project for the mocks ,im always falling asleep in class haha but i'm afraid ill get a B :(Ive never studied for it and honestly the only time i have to study for it is the 2 hours prior :L

I don't even know how you study for it...?

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    I don't even know how you study for it...?

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I'm being bribed in my family ;) Maths is my worst subject (got 41% in the mocks), my first D (ha sex joke) anyways, if I get a "C" I get €30 if I get a "B" €60 and if I get an "A"...the hell am I going to get an A.
    But Jaysus y'all are aiming pretty high with your results I'm just hoping for B's up in my subjects but (hopefully) "A's" in Irish, History, Geography, Religion, French and German (if German is in my favour). The rest I'd be delighted getting a "B" in!

• Advertisement

Jijsaw wrote: »
    I'm being bribed in my family ;) Maths is my worst subject (got 41% in the mocks), my first D (ha sex joke) anyways, if I get a "C" I get €30 if I get a "B" €60 and if I get an "A"...the hell am I going to get an A.
    But Jaysus y'all are aiming pretty high with your results I'm just hoping for B's up in my subjects but (hopefully) "A's" in Irish, History, Geography, Religion, French and German (if German is in my favour). The rest I'd be delighted getting a "B" in!

You want 6 A's and 4/5 B's (I think) and you're not aiming high? >.>

You want 6 A's and 4/5 B's (I think) and you're not aiming high? >.>

:P 6 A's, 5 B's and 1 C (hopefully maths but you're good at maths, so I'll be jealous of whatever you get ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I'm being bribed into getting 5+ As on the Junior. 100e :D

I'm being bribed into getting 5+ As on the Junior. 100e :D

I get nothing. Well, I get a step forward in my future and a better chance of getting a part-time job.

I get nothing. Well, I get a step forward in my future and a better chance of getting a part-time job.

So nothing then...

• Advertisement

So nothing then...

Pretty much, although I understand that encouraging teens with money works and is all well and dandy, it still seems a bit weird to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Hahah guys do you know the more you post what you hope to achieve from the junior cert the less likely it will happen, good luck lads

Hahah guys do you know the more you post what you hope to achieve from the junior cert the less likely it will happen, good luck lads

That's a complete lie, but good luck to you too.

That's a complete lie, but good luck to you too.

Nope, before you accuse someone of lying try to be intelligent and research it yourself to be 100% sure, http://www.ted.com/talks/derek_sivers_keep_your_goals_to_yourself.html

Nope, before you accuse someone of lying try to be intelligent and research it yourself to be 100% sure, http://www.ted.com/talks/derek_sivers_keep_your_goals_to_yourself.html

Nice study, but this happened to nobody in my class after announcing our goals to each other for the mocks. I disagree with it.

Really want an A in maths ,i'd love a B but it would be even better if I got an A :(

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

I'm hoping to get:

Business - A

History - A

Irish - A (If I did well in the Irish Oral that I had in April and didn't study anything for)

Science -B (if I could get an A in Coursework because I suck at the written exam) (I'll properly get a C though and if I do I'll be frustrated)

English - C (I'll properly get a D though because no matter how much I study or how hard I try at the end of the day I just suck at English and just can't expand my GODDAMN POINTS. Paper 2 will be the death of me...

Maths - - B (I'll properly get a C/D though because of my useless teacher who has zero class control and finished all of Paper 1 with us in April then spent a lot of time on Perimeter, Area and Volume and now he only got half of the Paper 2 maths course finished) We also haven't done Paper 1 in ages and Man I could actually write a book about MY MATHS TEACHER

French - - A (I'll properly get a B/C though because our teacher is a complete joke and she did nothing with us in class and just talked about French civilization because she's French and also I get the impression that <snip unfounded allegations>

Just because someone can speak fluent French doesn't mean that they can teach it properly to secondary school students you stupid hellhole that is one of the world's worst excuses for a school

<edit - less of the abuse - seriously - calm down...>

Oh yeah this is supposed to be a JC Achievement forum right... Completely forgot

<snip quoted post>

Oh yeah as for Religion, Tech Graph, CSPE and Geography I just couldn't care less because they aren't real subjects (yes even Geography) and well that's basically it...:cool:

<rant removed>

Ikr i have awful teachers too, I just got grinds on subjects which the teachers couldnt teach and used websites like Khan Academy to learn myself cant wait to leave school.

That's a load of bollocks, you could easily say "I'm going to get 12 A's" do f-all study and get 12 E's. But if you say/post "I'm going to get 12 A's" and you have worked your ass off studying and know everything inside out then you're going to get your 12 A's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

This is not the forum to rant and rave and blame other people.
    Please stop.

spurious wrote: »
    This is not the forum to rant and rave and blame other people.
    Please stop.

Spurious seriously... Can't a guy let off some steam and seriously you don't need to edit everything that I said and also what Positivealf said . God, and there was me thinking that the corrupt mods from Boards.ie were going to leave after my crazy encounter with them at the summer...:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Spurious seriously... Can't a guy let off some steam and seriously you don't need to edit everything that I said and also what Positivealf said . God, and there was me thinking that the corrupt mods from Boards.ie were going to leave after my crazy encounter with them at the summer...:mad:

You've a history of problems with mods?

spurious wrote: »
    You've a history of problems with mods?

Bring it on you idiot! I dare you I double dare you!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭iHappyPanda

Take it easy lads, fisher trust me its not worth the trouble :)

It's not worth it finisher.
    Boardsies are essentially tarts, prostitutes for the mods!

It's not worth it finisher.
    Boardsies are essentially tarts, prostitutes for the mods!

Couldn't have put it better myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

Haha same! Getting €100 per A and €50 per B. My twin brother gets nothing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    Haha same! Getting €100 per A and €50 per B. My twin brother gets nothing :p

You could make yourself some decent money if you do well dude! Any particular reason why your brother's been given the short end of the stick? Seems a bit strange.

My mam told me she'd give me €40 per A around Christmas because I hadn't really been doing much and she probably thought I'd get around four. Got €320, do the maths guys :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

robman60 wrote: »
    You could make yourself some decent money if you do well dude! Any particular reason why your brother's been given the short end of the stick? Seems a bit strange.

My mam told me she'd give me €40 per A around Christmas because I hadn't really been doing much and she probably thought I'd get around four. Got €320, do the maths guys :D

Well good job! I don't know why to be honest, he isn't a good brother/son. And I think he's getting a macbook pro or an ipad if he does better than his pres.

Advertisement