Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2013 Goals/Achievements

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    Well good job! I don't know why to be honest, he isn't a good brother/son. And I think he's getting a macbook pro or an ipad if he does better than his pres.
    ...Isn't approval from parents and others enough?! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

...Isn't approval from parents and others enough?! ;)

I didn't ask for money ok :p they wanted me to do good as my other brothers didn't so I feel like they are depending on me..

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    I didn't ask for money ok :p they wanted me to do good as my other brothers didn't so I feel like they are depending on me..
    Same here ... if I don't become a billionaire in 15 years .. I don't know what'll happen to my family ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Imaginary Friend

So I just joined Boards but have been reading it for a while...It's awesome :) Anyway, if I study a bit more I think I can get
    English - A
    Irish - A (Got 97% on Paper 2 in the Mocks but paper 1 let me down)
    Maths - B/A (B in Mocks, hoping a miracle happens. Plus doing a lot of study for Maths).
    Science - A
    Geography - A
    History - A
    French - A
    CSPE - A
    Music - A/B (unless my Practical killed my chances)
    Religion - A/B

All Honours and close to what I got in the Mocks. Anyone else HATE the feeling of getting 2% below the grade you want in like 5 subjects?!

So I just joined Boards but have been reading it for a while...It's awesome :) Anyway, if I study a bit more I think I can get
    English - A
    Irish - A (Got 97% on Paper 2 in the Mocks but paper 1 let me down)
    Maths - B/A (B in Mocks, hoping a miracle happens. Plus doing a lot of study for Maths).
    Science - A
    Geography - A
    History - A
    French - A
    CSPE - A
    Music - A/B (unless my Practical killed my chances)
    Religion - A/B

All Honours and close to what I got in the Mocks. Anyone else HATE the feeling of getting 2% below the grade you want in like 5 subjects?!
    Welcome to boards.ie! :)

Work hard, and you'll get what you want. :pac: I was 2% away from an A on history :o.

• Advertisement

Updated:

I've re-gained confidence, so this is what I am seriously aiming for! :D

English-A
    History-A
    Science-A
    Home Eco-A
    Irish-C/B(listening will probably let me down)
    Italian-B
    Maths-B/A(paper two will let me down, I know it will!)
    Religion-A
    CSPE-A

Spending alot of hours into study, these results are achieveable! :) I hope everyone eles is aiming high :p.

Welcome to boards.ie! :)

Work hard, and you'll get what you want. :pac: I was 2% away from an A on history :o.

Thanks! Yeah, I should probably go and do a Maths paper now. This site is addictive. Off to read the Chief Examiner's Report because I can persuade myself that it counts as study and do a paper, see you all later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ajguy97

English- C/D (happy with a C :L barely passed my mocks 41% percent!!) lol and english isnt my first language so i guess thats gud enough for higher level :P)
    Irish- C/D ( couldnt care less about irish lol i wish i was exempt)
    Maths- A/B (paper 2 will probably let me down with all the english lol confuses me.)
    History- C/B ( bad at memorising stuff :L)
    Geo- C/B (probably a B i never really do study much lol)
    French- A (Easiest A u will ever get lol)
    Technical Graphics- A (got an A in mocks hope to get an A again lol plan to study it later on have 2 days to study till exam anyway lol )
    CSPE- A/B ( hope the action project was good lol just gonna waffle through thislol )
    Science- A/B (Hope to get an A :D)

English is really hard for me to comprehend and all the writing gets me confused :L any tips on comprehending.. I usually just pray that ill get an easy reading comprehension .. and paper 2 aswell, dont understand anything at all :L really hard for me to get points to write about and its my first time in boards.ie :P idk why im here when i should be studying lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

ajguy97 wrote: »
    English- C/D (happy with a C :L barely passed my mocks 41% percent!!) lol and english isnt my first language so i guess thats gud enough for higher level :P)
    Irish- C/D ( couldnt care less about irish lol i wish i was exempt)
    Maths- A/B (paper 2 will probably let me down with all the english lol confuses me.)
    History- C/B ( bad at memorising stuff :L)
    Geo- C/B (probably a B i never really do study much lol)
    French- A (Easiest A u will ever get lol)
    Technical Graphics- A (got an A in mocks hope to get an A again lol plan to study it later on have 2 days to study till exam anyway lol )
    CSPE- A/B ( hope the action project was good lol just gonna waffle through thislol )
    Science- A/B (Hope to get an A :D)

English is really hard for me to comprehend and all the writing gets me confused :L any tips on comprehending.. I usually just pray that ill get an easy reading comprehension .. and paper 2 aswell, dont understand anything at all :L really hard for me to get points to write about and its my first time in boards.ie :P idk why im here when i should be studying lol

You're able to bring in a dictionary in your native language for some of your exams I believe (if that helps)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ajguy97

Jijsaw wrote: »
    You're able to bring in a dictionary in your native language for some of your exams I believe (if that helps)

I understand english words fully but making points from the questions kills me xc so in the end my points arent relevant :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 jpr57852

If I start studying, I may be able to achieve @ higher level:

English: C (hoping for the best)
    Maths: A
    Irish: D/C
    Geography: B/A
    History: A
    CSPE: A
    Metalwork: A
    Science: D (I have never bothered with that subject.. Got a C in the mocks through common sense)
    Spanish: C/B
    Religion: A
    TG: B/A

For Irish and English... It's a hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭_ReyRey_

I hope everyone reaches their goals!
    Irish: A
    English:A/B
    Maths:B
    Science:A/B
    History:B
    Geography:C
    Music:C
    Spanish:B
    CSPE:A/B

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

I wish everyone the best of luck, I hope ye all sit the exam with a smile and leave the exam with a smile ;)
    Here are my predictions no better then others,(seeing alot of brainy people here who are destined to become great people during their life) but if I achieve them I know I have met my abilities ;)
    English-C
    Maths-A/B
    Science-A
    Geog-A
    History-A/B
    Buss-A/B
    Wood-A/B
    Metal-B/C
    German-C
    Italian-C
    Cspe-A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Goodluck zubikhan if you work to the best of your ability, theres no doubht that you will meet your goals! Do come back to us when you get your results and let us know how you got on buddy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

English-D
    Maths-A
    Science-A
    Geog-A
    History-A
    Buss-A
    Wood-A/B
    Metal-B/C
    German-C
    Italian-C
    Cspe-A

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EvaMalik

English- C
    Irish-C/B
    Maths-C
    French-A
    History-D
    Geography-B
    Business-C
    Science-D
    CSPE-A/B
    Home Ec.-B
    Religon-B
    any good hints to help for history and science?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Yeah learn over the social changes chaper in history and political development.

For science, read over all your experiments, write them up again and say them off so you can remember them.
    For both of them, keep doing past exam papers and learning people in history accounts for history.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 3yearstudent98

I got 2As and 8Bs in my mocks so nothing less than a B :D

English - A/B
    Irish - A/B (really want A as I had grinds but didn't go as well as I had planned)
    Geo - A
    Maths - A
    CSPE - A
    French - A/B
    History - A
    Science - A
    Music - A
    Latin - A/B

P.S all higher level :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wiefi

English - A
    Maths(OL) - A
    Irish - C/B
    Spanish - A
    Geography - A
    Religion - A
    History - A
    Science - A
    Art - A
    Home Ec - A
    CSPE - A

It's really only Irish and Science that I'm worried about now :c

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EvaMalik

thank you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Star2000

I hope to get:
    English: A/B
    Irish: B
    Maths: A/B
    Geog:A/B
    Cspe: A/B
    Business: A
    French: A\B
    History: A
    Science: A/B
    Religion: A/ B
    Home ec: A

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ccc444

I'm hoping for
    English b
    Maths a
    Irish b/a
    French a
    German a
    History a
    Geography A
    Science A
    Business A
    Cspe A although I think we messed up the project

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Monaghan hardy lawd

Irish -f
    French -f
    english-f
    (set your goals low and you wont be disappointed)
    Maths-b
    science-a
    r.e-a
    cspe-a
    History-a
    geography-a
    Art- don't give a ####-but hopefully an a
    Tg-A
    As you can see if I ever go to France i'll wait for them to learn english!

Hope y'all get what you want. You deserve it if you put all the hard study into it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ConorD21

Irish(OL) - A/B
    English - D
    Spanish(OL) - A
    Maths(OL) - C/B
    Geog - D
    History -C
    Science - C/D
    Art - B/C
    Business(OL) - A
    CSPE - A/B

Hope y'all get what you want. You deserve it if you put all the hard study into it! :)

I was so so so happy with Maths! It was the one thing I genuinely stdied hard for, because I naturally have an excellent memory and talent at writing (sorry for how that sounds) so I used to rely on that to get me As on summer exams and mocks (and it did!).

But I was worried for Maths so I did SO MANY exam papers and now I think I got an A in the real thing! :D I guess getting a B in the Mocks is actually a brilliant learning experience!

(And having learned from the Maths experience, I did study for History and Geography, already have for Religion and will do for Science :) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 8 scburke2010

All Higher Level

Maths A
    Irish A
    Science A
    French A
    Music A
    Geography A
    Cspe A
    Religion B/C
    History B/C
    Art B/C