Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lion King Grand Canal

Options
  • 01-05-2013 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Kinda new to posting here and not too sure where I should be putting this! A few months back I booked a package deal with Destination Dublin, which included tickets to the Lion king, dinner and b&b in the Westin Hotel. Contacted the hotel to day to find out about booking dinner, they told me dinner would not be til 6 at the earliest and the show is starting at half 7! Now when staying in a 5 star hotel you don't expect to have to finish a 3 course meal in an hour at the most! Surely this package is not really acceptable! Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Now when staying in a 5 star hotel you don't expect to have to finish a 3 course meal in an hour at the most!

True but most 5* hotels don't serve dinner before 6 p.m. Up to then they're doing afternoon tea.
    Surely this package is not really acceptable!

You bought the package from Destination Dublin, they put the package together, you need to take it up with them. You have no contract with the Westin Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pineappletree

Sorry I should have made myself clearer, after contacting the Westin, I knew it wasn't really an issue with them so I have since contacted destination Dublin, who seem to think that this is the way it is and I should just get on with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

probably priced at a level where the hotel expects you in and out before the main evening diners start - sort of like an early bird.

btw - 3 courses would normally be starter, main & coffee or main, desert and coffee. An hour for this is fine.

edit - package clearly states its a pre-theatre dinner. A pre-theatre dinner would normally be short and quick - hence the name.

Not sure what you paid, but they have package for 2 tickets, + bed/breakfast for 2 + pre theatre dinner for 2 for €230 in mespil hotel. That's brilliant value considering tickets for the event are €50-€60 each + booking fee.

Suppose the op expects a limo to bring them there and back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Wouldn't a three course meal generally be regarded as starter, main and dessert? I don't think people usually refer to coffee as a "course".

To the OP - it's an odd one alright. Is it possible that they intend you to have dinner after the show when you return to the hotel? It's not very enjoyable to try to shovel a dinner into yourself as quickly as possible then rush to a theatre!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

the package the OP bought does not state 3 course - maybe the op is assuming that.

From the website - and very prominent.

Package Includes
    Pre-Show Dinner
    Tickets to Show
    A Night’s Accommodation In Hotel You Choose
    Full Breakfast the following morning

I'm just waiting to be accused of working for them now :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

sandin wrote: »
    the package the OP bought does not state 3 course - maybe the op is assuming that.

maybe the description has changed since the OP booked? OP will have to clarify that.

Advertisement