Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sw1070 Wireless RF-Contact/Sensor

Options
  • 02-05-2013 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Looking to add some new sensors (Wireless RF-Contact/Sensor) to my existing system. Anyone recommend where to purchase them? Is directly from HKC an option of will they only deal with installers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

They only deal with suppliers ..
    You can get them in the likes of wescos or online ... Look on adverts too

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

logistic wrote: »
    Looking to add some new sensors (Wireless RF-Contact/Sensor) to my existing system. Anyone recommend where to purchase them? Is directly from HKC an option of will they only deal with installers?

For the HKC wireless see any of the suppliers in the sticky here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

KoolKid wrote: »
    For the HKC wireless see any of the suppliers in the sticky here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    Where are you located?

Located in South Dublin. Any ideas what the max distance betwween rf sensor and panel is?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

In Ideal conditions they will tell you 100m . In reality going through walls exc about half that. Its really try & see. Where is the panel located?

Panel is in hot press and sensor is going into a shed. Wouldn't be more than 50 meters.

• Advertisement

A good central point. Should be OK. I have a similar set up with Siemens & it works perfectly.

The HKC sensors have an open range of 400m .
    I honestly don't think you'd get 50m though.
    A chap I know has his panel at the very back of his house and he wanted to place a sensor on a shed no more then 35 metres away and it was a no go . Signal was too low.

I've noticed myself on my own system that the key fobs have great range but it really depends on how thick the external walls are .. I've an RF sensor on my own shed and it gave no trouble in the big freeze ... The sensor is about 20 meters from the panel

Thanks for the info. After a few phone calls around those wireless sensors aren't cheap!!

What kind of prices were you getting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

You will also need the engineer code to add the sensors to the system.
    Just in case you don't have it.

• Advertisement

Prices come in about 65 to 80 that's including vat but Im after sourcing two a lot cheaper :)

Have the engineer code and manual Altor thanks.

Prices come in about 65 to 80 that's including vat but Im after sourcing two a lot cheaper :)

Should be a bit cheaper than that.:eek:

Paid €50 squids each for my 2.
    Then again got charged €210 for the gsm q

€50 s about right.

Would of said in and about €55. Always shop around and don't be afraid to haggle :D

Got them for 55 in the end.

Installed the sensors on the weekend. All tested and working fine. Thats another job to mark of the list of many!

Installed the sensors on the weekend. All tested and working fine. Thats another job to mark of the list of many!

Thanks for getting back to us and good to hear you got it all sorted :)

Advertisement