Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get parts?

• 02-05-2013 1:13am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. I have a Honda Hornet 250. I used to commute on it and I neglected to take care of it. She has been in the shed for the past 2 years, but the other day I got her going and now I want to restore it to roadworthy condition. But there are a few bits that are either missing or need replacing, small stuff like those chrome bolts on the bodywork, the plastic "glass" on the tail-light, rubber grommets etc. Where would you get stuff like that? I assume those bits would be specific to each model of bike, would I be right in saying that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

If it's been sitting up she'll need more than the cosmetics you're looking to replace. A full service and battery charge is in order.

Try www.wemoto.com for the parts you mentioned, they'll all be new OEM or aftermarket so might cost more than you're willing to pay. Outside of that try ebay. You might find someone breaking a Hornet and selling off the parts. I've got my eye on a good few things for the Bandit that are going for feck all. You've just gotta be patient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

Can try www.cmsnl.com also for parts - not personally used however
    Similar with http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Wossack wrote: »
    Can try www.cmsnl.com also for parts - not personally used however

I've used them several times and have nothing bad to say about them. Great service as far as I am concerned.

Advertisement