Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Weeks 11 + 12), May 3-7, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Derry very lucky, last goal offside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

2-2 full time in Drogheda, another great away point for us. If the scores stay the same, we're level on points with Rovers after the first round of games.

A cracking result, really didnt fancy us to do anything up in Tayto Park. Be great to get a win on Tuesday and teach the Students another lesson. I reckon it's highly possible.

Aaron Callaghan's Red n Black Army!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not good at all, not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Tonights results put Derry top of the league:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Never mind Derry, we won a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

3 points off top after series one, happy with that. Not happy that we have lost to shamrock bleedin rovers during the series.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

First half we refused to shoot inside the box. Second half we pretty much shot everywhere except in the box.
    A big 'stay classy' to the 50 year old, bald Shels fan who ran up to a bunch of kids in the ucd end sticking two fingers up at them when the second goal went in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Disappointed with Drogs result. Neither side played particularly well. Drogs hit the bar 5 times. They'll have to do much better on Monday vs Pats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Rovers 1 - 1 Sligo.

Rovers dominated the game, think sligo had one shot on target and that was due to being put 1 v 1 from a bad kick out/touch. We were pretty bad in fairness with Billy D having yet another shocker but sligo were simply worse. Elding was no threat under their long ball. and Ndo had a bit of a nightmare. Peers and McMillian solid at the back for them, very good partnership there.

Elding sent off and I assume it wont be a normal straight red. He tipped off, left the ball behind and lunged at Rice. Has to be added games to it, intentionally set out to injure someone without any thought for the football which was about 20 yards away at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Bloody frustrating fin Limerick. That's the fourth lead we've let slip away from home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Feckin' hell, that's the second 0-0 score in a LOI game I've been to in 6 days. I want goals godamnit!

Fairly poor derby in terms of excitement in Drom.

Weather was shíte too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

While I'm in a rare situation that my complaints don't seem like an excuse for losing, can I just point out that Graham Kelly is a very bad ref?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Pinch me, Shels won a match :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

After the first round of games, i'm genuinely embarressed we lost to the Shams. But we're still up there in title hunt. That's all that matters right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

CSF wrote: »
    While I'm in a rare situation that my complaints don't seem like an excuse for losing, can I just point out that Graham Kelly is a very bad ref?

Dire game he had but who cares......WE WON!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Pretty poor quality game in Tallaght, but very entertaining. Neither side looked like scoring.

Elding....hahaha:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Best way I can put what happened at the Cross tonight was 'schooled'. Pats never got out of first gear and were really good. Must be enjoyable for Pats fans to watch that every week, really impressed.

We, on the other hand, were ****e. Looked a class below Pats to be honest. A stale team going nowhere unless big changes are made. Dunleavy and Kavanagh the only ones to come out with any credit. Daryl Horgan and Danny had the worst game between them I've ever seen them play. Horgan should have been sent off in the first half for a bad challenge. Endless long balls to Kavanagh who runs his hole off and holds up the ball so unbelievably well. Unfortunately the rest of the team aren't good enough to make use of him properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

First half we refused to shoot inside the box. Second half we pretty much shot everywhere except in the box.
    A big 'stay classy' to the 50 year old, bald Shels fan who ran up to a bunch of kids in the ucd end sticking two fingers up at them when the second goal went in.

The UCD "End" was a bunch of spotty teenagers who had been directing bollox at a group of Shels lads who were sitting in the seats they sit in at every match,

They didn't mind dishing out abuse, so save the faux outrage for some UCD Fans Forum.

I saw the incident you are on about, that guy didn't "run" toward anyone, in fact, he didn't move from his seat area.

:cry:

lol @ UCD fans trying to be relevant by trying to create some fake rivalry by inventing some crowd trouble where there wasn't even a crowd.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

'A reminder to UCD fans. We ask them to stay back for 5 minutes after the match. Their taxi has been delayed. Thank you...'

• Advertisement

What's this, Shels above UCD?

Dry your eyes mate.

And stop telling lies.

252307.JPG

lol @ UCD fans trying to be relevant by trying to create some fake rivalry by inventing some crowd trouble where there wasn't even a crowd.

lol @ you trying to stoke the flames of that rivalry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Pity we couldn't hold out. Still going to win this league. Just need to get a few players fit. Shams are a joke.

monkey9 wrote: »
    lol @ you trying to stoke the flames of that rivalry.

not stoking flames, I won't even remember posting this in the morning.

Just outing a liar.

dfx- wrote: »
    Elding....hahaha:pac:
    None of us saw what he did but assume he did something cause hes a header. I'd have him in a heartbeat over any of the forwards ye have though.

He scores goals see.

Just outing a liar.

Ha! Fair enough.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    None of us saw what he did but assume he did something cause hes a header. I'd have him in a heartbeat over any of the forwards ye have though.

He scores goals see.

He needs to learn the offside law. He was almost completely anonymous tonight as a striker. McGuinness had total control of him. Nothing special tbh.

Rice wound him up after the goal on the halfway line while Peers was getting treatment. Kick off and he runs straight at Rice kicking out at him while bravely going down clutching his face. Brainless stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Shams are a joke.

Bit harsh considering how bad you were. We were the better team all game and you had one shot on target. With half the league table separating us you would have to look at that as 2 points lost and an awful performance.

Elding will be banned for a while, wont be scoring not on the pitch. I have only seen him against Pats and us but he never impressed once. Suits a bit of hoof ball is about it.

dfx- wrote: »
    He needs to learn the offside law. He was almost completely anonymous tonight as a striker.

Rice wound him up after the goal on the halfway line while Peers was getting treatment. Kick off and he runs straight at Rice kicking out at him while bravely going down clutching his face. Brainless stuff.
    Ha. Go on Elding. Header.

His main problem is the service in to him isn't what it was a couple of weeks back. Get the ball to him and he will score. If we had either Raf or Gaynor we'd have won tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Corholio wrote: »
    Best way I can put what happened at the Cross tonight was 'schooled'. Pats never got out of first gear and were really good. Must be enjoyable for Pats fans to watch that every week, really impressed.

We, on the other hand, were ****e. Looked a class below Pats to be honest. A stale team going nowhere unless big changes are made. Dunleavy and Kavanagh the only ones to come out with any credit. Daryl Horgan and Danny had the worst game between them I've ever seen them play. Horgan should have been sent off in the first half for a bad challenge. Endless long balls to Kavanagh who runs his hole off and holds up the ball so unbelievably well. Unfortunately the rest of the team aren't good enough to make use of him properly.

A lot of Murphy's problems were down to Dennehy playing terrible.He would get the ball and take two or three touches look up then pass it to Murphy.While this was happening the Pats winger was closing down Murphy so by the time he got the ball the winger was up his hole.

Horgan got away with a second stupid challenge in the first half too and McNulty should know having a few words with The Shed isn't going to help.

Kavanagh unbelievable holding it up but no one was breaking from midfield and supporting him.He had the two best chances for City though and should have done better for both I thought.

• Advertisement

Ebbs wrote: »
    Bit harsh considering how bad you were. We were the better team all game and you had one shot on target. With half the league table separating us you would have to look at that as 2 points lost and an awful performance.

Elding is a thug. I have only seen him against Pats and us but he never impressed once. Suits a bit of hoof ball is about it.
    Better team all game. No. Can't agree.

We're going through a bad patch at the moment. We'll come good and win the league.

Elding scores goals when you get the ball to him. You don't have a goalscorer anymore. Thats why you're down near the bottom.

I'm not strictly talking about your performance tonight when I say your club is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

I saw the incident you are on about, that guy didn't "run" toward anyone

Sound like it might've been Philly Hughes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Dry your eyes mate.

And stop telling lies.

252307.JPG

I'll take that position at the end of the season. Good showing tonight considering how many first team regulars were unavailable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Us down here @ Dundalk dont want to be spoken about.
    For a club that was frucked last year i think we're doing 'grand'.
    Secret is --Don't talk about us--Shushhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

What was the attendance in Tallaght?. Seemed a really low turn out from the home team.

Considering they were reduced to having a deal for two matches (decent idea btw) it was surprisingly low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Super away trip in Drogheda last night. Another huge performance and a big display of character to come from behind yet again to earn a point.

Very confident we can pick up all 3 points at UCD on Tuesday.

The UCD "End" was a bunch of spotty teenagers who had been directing bollox at a group of Shels lads who were sitting in the seats they sit in at every match,

They didn't mind dishing out abuse, so save the faux outrage for some UCD Fans Forum.

I saw the incident you are on about, that guy didn't "run" toward anyone, in fact, he didn't move from his seat area.

:cry:
    Were you said 50 year old bald Shels fan? Wouldn't surprise me given how angry you seem to have gotten over me simply pointing something out. No faux outrage at all from me at all. The only person outraged here seems to be you.
    I'm all ears though if you can enlighten me of the "abuse" dished out by the UCD fans, because I certainly didn't hear any.
    Lol???? Are you a teenager or something?

Dry your eyes mate.

And stop telling lies.
    Is it not a bit embarrassing, as a Shels fan, to be gloating over being just above UCD after a third of the season? Carry on if that's what makes you happy though.

Just outing a liar.
    Once again, I'm all ears to see how I'm a liar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Is UCD/Shels the new Cork/Shels rivalry?

Once again, I'm all ears to see how I'm a liar.

There was no running. The person you are talking about didn't run anywhere. He stood at his seat and turned around. He didn't move towards the group of UCD fans at all.

He didn't move from his seat.

You are telling lies about that, for some reason. Probably trying to make an innocuous incident into something it wasn't, why are you doing that?

• Advertisement

There was no running. The person you are talking about didn't run anywhere. He stood at his seat and turned around. He didn't move towards the group of UCD fans at all.

He didn't move from his seat.

You are telling lies about that, for some reason. Probably trying to make an innocuous incident into something it wasn't, why are you doing that?
    Eh yes he did :confused:
    He jumped out of his seat, went down his aisle while sticking the fingers up before jumping back in his seat. I do think it was an innocuous incident though, which is why I merely mentioned it with the "stay classy" comment. You're the one that seems to be making the big deal out of it.
    Still haven't come up with the "bollox" that UCD fans were directing at these Shels supporters I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That_Guy wrote: »
    Is UCD/Shels the new Cork/Shels rivalry?

Yep it's the same.... in the sense nobody gives a rats about it except themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus, how could anyone have any kind of rivalry with UCD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

He scores goals see.

When you signed him, was there any fears about his mental state? I mean he has more clubs than Tiger Woods. And im sure at least 1 or 2 of those departues were not his fault.

Wont be scoring in the next 4 to 5 games anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

BOHtox wrote: »
    'A reminder to UCD fans. We ask them to stay back for 5 minutes after the match. Their taxi has been delayed. Thank you...'

I hope, they all got home safe ;)

dreamers75 wrote: »
    When you signed him, was there any fears about his mental state? I mean he has more clubs than Tiger Woods. And im sure at least 1 or 2 of those departues were not his fault.

All we needed was a striker to score goals and keep us within touching distance til Danny North is fit. Norths not far off now.

3 games. And he'll score on his return.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Thought the keeper was awful for our second last night. Dunno what he was trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

dreamers75 wrote: »

There was concern on my part anyway. I think I even said in the rumours thread we have on here that I'd be happy if he keeps his head until North returns, he can go mad and leave in the summer then if he wants.

Raf getting injured is what has caused what happened last night. He was doing grand, knocking in the goals. You could see the past few games where the service has been sh*t that he has been getting frustrated.

What was the attendance in Tallaght?. Seemed a really low turn out from the home team.

Considering they were reduced to having a deal for two matches (decent idea btw) it was surprisingly low.

Around about 4,500, I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Us down here @ Dundalk dont want to be spoken about.
    For a club that was frucked last year i think we're doing 'grand'.
    Secret is --Don't talk about us--Shushhhhh

Secret is...MONEY! You hardly think Fastfix aren't pumping a few grand in to revamp the away end, the pitch and the 7k budget.
    SantryRed wrote: »
    Thought the keeper was awful for our second last night. Dunno what he was trying.

Still going with this? :pac:

All we needed was a striker to score goals and keep us within touching distance til Danny North is fit. Norths not far off now.

3 games. And he'll score on his return.

He needs to be onside to score goals.

I wonder if anything will be or can be added to that 3 games. It was a very clearly pre-meditated lunge off the ball trying to 'do' Rice. Kelly noticed them arguing before the kick-off and was watching them - I wonder what he'll write in his report. Doesn't seem to be a guy for pressure situations does Mr. Elding. North would certainly be required for any title run-in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement