Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Weeks 11 + 12), May 3-7, 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

dfx- wrote: »
    He needs to be onside to score goals.

I wonder if anything will be or can be added to that 3 games. It was a very clearly pre-meditated lunge off the ball trying to 'do' Rice. Kelly noticed them arguing before the kick-off and was watching them - I wonder what he'll write in his report. Doesn't seem to be a guy for pressure situations does Mr. Elding. North would certainly be required for any title run-in.

http://soccer-stats.irishtimes.com/?Lang=0&CPID=95&CTID=34&TEID=0&pStr=Comp_Scorer
    Theres a nice list of all the top scorers here. If you look at the very top you'll see Elding's name. You have to trawl a bit further to find any of Shamrock's players. But sure ye only have the biggest budget in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Elding's a class act. Strength, power and good finishing ability. Oh and he kicked Rice. Always a bonus. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

He needs to be onside to score goals.

I wonder if anything will be or can be added to that 3 games. It was a very clearly pre-meditated lunge off the ball trying to 'do' Rice. Kelly noticed them arguing before the kick-off and was watching them - I wonder what he'll write in his report. Doesn't seem to be a guy for pressure situations does Mr. Elding. North would certainly be required for any title run-in.

What like the title run in they had last year without him? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Around about 4,500, I'd say.

Do you have the official attendance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

AFAIK there aren't official figures released but I was at the game and 75% full seems a conservative estimate. Now, there was the two-for-20 deal and a lot of Junior Hoops there, so that has an impact on the gate. But a really buzzing atmosphere.

Brilliant game of course, had everything, and I thought the place would erupt if we got the second. The highlight, however, was a fellah in the east stand who was so intent on screaming abuse at Alan Keane that he actually fell out head-first. Bravo.

God only knows why TC is persisting with Shephard - the lad works hard, but he's constantly playing flick-ons to nobody in particular, and crossing the ball to the area that he should be in. I know the midfielders should be quicker to support him, but it's like he forgets he's the lone man up front. Kilduff has every asset that Shep has, for me, and a bit more of a physical presence.

Really looking forward to tomorrow's top of the table clash. We haven't played well in a while but Dav and Gaynor are back from suspension giving us a few options out wide. Raf is in the squad too, can't underestimate how crucial he is to us. No coincidence our 'bad patch' has coincided with his abscence.

Greene stood in at left back on Friday and will more than likely go up top tomorrow. Hes been brilliant everywhere hes played for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Cork City vs Limerick, Monday, 7.45 Turners Cross

Friday was another deflating experience.

I dragged a buddy with me promising him that it would be better than the Shels game and again City let me down.

Should be a lovely evening for a game. Sadly I expect City to fluff their lines again and stumble their way to a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

It is a 3.30 kick off tomorrow for City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If its 7.45, great, I can go. But think its a 3.30 KO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

My mistake,:o

3.30 is ko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Secret is...MONEY! You hardly think Fastfix aren't pumping a few grand in to revamp the away end, the pitch and the 7k budget.

Ehh :confused:

Going to have to ask you to explain this Gav? Just not getting it despite a few read overs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Rovers were robbed...

Elding is shite. He's had his moment. Pushed and bullied his way to a few goals. All brawn, no brain. Hasn't the temperament to play in this league. Gets wound up too easy. He reacted to the crowd in the first few minutes and could have been sent off for that alone. Wound up way too easy by Rice. He won't be top of the scoring charts come end of the season.

Having said all that, neither will any rovers player be at the top of the scoring charts as we have our own set of problems.

Of what I've seen, I wouldn't back Sligo to win the league. I think Derry are the strongest team in the league.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

That wasn't a handball. Elding isn't ****e either, he's got one skill, getting himself into a good position in the box for a tap-in, which is a pretty good skill to have.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Of what I've seen, I wouldn't back Sligo to win the league. I think Derry are the strongest team in the league.
    You'd lose your money. Watch us in a couple of weeks when we have some players back.

We started with Pascal and Connolly on the wings in Tallaght and managed to get a point.

The only striker in the league capable of outscoring Elding is Danny North.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I can't wait for Limerick game today. Meeting couple Limerick lads before game.

Besides Bohs and Shels it's only game I can meet few friends who support opposition and have few pints and slagging beforehand.

That wasn't a handball.

Are you actually serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Do you have the official attendance?

Extratime.ie have Shams Vrs. Sligo Rovers at 3,600 est.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

AgileMyth wrote: »
    You'd lose your money. Watch us in a couple of weeks when we have some players back.

We started with Pascal and Connolly on the wings in Tallaght and managed to get a point.

The only striker in the league capable of outscoring Elding is Danny North.

Rory Patterson

Clearly no handball. Elding is a class act, I think the shamrock's should be looking at their own misfiring squad and the widening gap on the table. Very worrying for Crolly and co. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

What start to the season for the mighty Lilywhites. We have more points already than we managed for the whole of last year. Playing some lovely stuff as well with future player of the season Richie Towell pulling the strings from midfield.

Think we go eleven points clear of Rovers if we manage to beat them today. Hell of a turnaround in fairness from last years shambles. Big ask to keep our 100% record going in Tallaght but it's definitely not beyond us given their patchy form. Think it will end up a draw myself.

Nice geographical spread of teams at the top of the league this year with only one Dublin side in the top six.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Are you actually serious?

No, I just make random comments now and again.

bohsboy wrote: »
    Clearly no handball. Elding is a class act, I think the shamrock's should be looking at their own misfiring squad and the widening gap on the table. Very worrying for Crolly and co. :)

You're not worried yourself "bohsboy"? Bohemians haven't exactly been setting the league alight the last few years.

At least rovers haven't given up all hope for our team and we as a club expect more. It seems bohemians are resigned to the fact that they are rubbish and won't expect any better. Rovers have had, by their own admission, a terrible start to the season. They've only won 2 games and STILL they're ahead of bohemians in the league. Yet somehow bohemians are proud of this fact? "We're crap but at least we're nearly as good as rovers when they play crap". It's a pity really, it used to be a good derby before bohemians became irrelevant.

That's what it looks like. Because it is clearly a handball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You're not worried yourself "bohsboy"? Bohemians haven't exactly been setting the league alight the last few years.

At least rovers haven't given up all hope for our team and we as a club expect more. It seems bohemians are resigned to the fact that they are rubbish and won't expect any better. Rovers have had, by their own admission, a terrible start to the season. They've only won 2 games and STILL they're ahead of bohemians in the league. Yet somehow bohemians are proud of this fact? "We're crap but at least we're nearly as good as rovers when they play crap". It's a pity really, it used to be a good derby before bohemians became irrelevant.

Your ahead of Bohs? Thats your thing?

Your paying a lot of money to a lot off players to be just 1 point above Bohs. Their are LSL teams paying more money than bohs and your just above them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It's very clearly handball, but whether Kelly could've given it is another question in real time, rather than slow motion.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Your ahead of Bohs? Thats your thing?

Your paying a lot of money to a lot off players to be just 1 point above Bohs. Their are LSL teams paying more money than bohs and your just above them.

That's my thing? What are you on about? It was a response to "bohsboy" who was talking about rovers. Now I'm no genius but I suspect that "bohsboy" supports bohemians therefore I was talking about bohemians. It's not rocket science.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

That certainly seems to be the case. It was clearly a handball.

It's very clearly handball, but whether Kelly could've given it is another question in real time, rather than slow motion.

I don't know about that. He clearly had a perfect view. I can only assume he was focused on something else happening in the box for that particular moment, or else just bottled the decision. I usually like Kelly as a ref, but he made a balls of that one.

That's my thing? What are you on about? It was a response to "bohsboy" who was talking about rovers. Now I'm no genius but I suspect that "bohsboy" supports bohemians therefore I was talking about bohemians. It's not rocket science.

Your response was stupid, i was just pointing that out.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Your response was stupid, i was just pointing that out.

Well if you say so. I understand your frustration in that nobody ever talks about St Patricks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Us down here @ Dundalk dont want to be spoken about.
    For a club that was frucked last year i think we're doing 'grand'.
    Secret is --Don't talk about us--Shushhhhh
    Ehh :confused:

Going to have to ask you to explain this Gav? Just not getting it despite a few read overs.

You's are doing "grand" this year because there was serious investment by Fastfix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

its nice to see so many taking an interest in Elding. I see your strikers are banging them in...

I still think it came off his clavicle and I would dispute if he handled it whether it was deliberate or not but at 3 to 1 it's not looking good for my eyesight, I'll see what the MNS panel make of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Cork vs Limerick Radio coverage here

http://www.live95fm.info/extra/

Clearly not handball. Anything outside of a bottom two finish would be an excellent season. Plus, shamrock can't beat us no matter how hard they try. Very satisfying.

Cork up 1-0

Behan

Cork 1-1 Limerick Aaron Brown

Cork 1-2 Limerick Axel Boss

Well if you say so. I understand your frustration in that nobody ever talks about St Patricks.
    You probably shouldn't start talking about Pats seeing as they're spending a lot less than you too and are miles ahead of you.

Maybe worry about the shocking state of your own club, players, manager and supporters.

cork down to 10 men

Maybe worry about the shocking state of your own club, players, manager and supporters.
    Need I remind you about Rovers recent achievements at a national and European level? Have you that short of a memory? Obviously if you can't remember that, I won't bother talking about our rich history. Something a club like Sligo could only dream of. Rovers are a household name. There's only one rovers. There's only one SRFC. Our club is doing just fine, we still have the best players in the league, our manager will come good and we are still the best supported team in the country, thank you very much.

Did I really hear that Sligo have pathetically tried to copyright SRFC? Tell me that's not true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

You probably shouldn't start talking about Pats seeing as they're spending a lot less than you too and are miles ahead of you.

Do people honestly not understand Cash flow? We can spend more money because we have more money. We know the squad should be doing better, but we arnt at the moment... Thanks to our financial position we have the luxury of time.

Sligo budget is not far from ours, Pats are also not far off, Dundalk are a bit off but then again they dont have the income we do at all. Derry seem to be on a slightly lower budget but thats only what's declared above the table.

I would say we have the lowest budget vs revenue in the league with Bohs perhaps second.

As for our club, finances in order, massive youth development underway, academy buildings money set aside, highest paying sponsor in the league, with Woodies and Pepper paying more than most principal sponsors. Last 3 seasons we've had highest attendances...

You're standard of posts are beginning to become BohsBoy-esque.

Cork2-2 Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

Drogs 1-2 Pats FT. Huge win for us. Brennan injury time peno. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Drogs miss pen... 71st min...Fabio
    Pats score 0-1 ....81st min...Fagan
    Drogs equaliser 90th min...Ryan Brennan 1-1
    Pats pen 92nd min...Killian Brennan 1-2

Indeed.

Drogheda United 1 - 2 St. Patricks

Soft peno

cork 2-3 Limerick Dave O leary

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Did I really hear that Sligo have pathetically tried to copyright SRFC? Tell me that's not true?

I also heard that from a reliable source. I was shocked at first, but at this stage I really hope it's true.:D

Next copyright of the word 'Sligo'...or more probably 'Rovers':pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Need I remind you about Rovers recent achievements at a national and European level? Have you that short of a memory? Obviously if you can't remember that, I won't bother talking about our rich history. Something a club like Sligo could only dream of. Rovers are a household name. There's only one rovers. There's only one SRFC. Our club is doing just fine, we still have the best players in the league, our manager will come good and we are still the best supported team in the country, thank you very much.

The bitterness is strong in this one. Not enjoying your season so far?

What are going on about Sligo for anyway. You should be concentrating on the likes of UCD, Bray and the other teams around you down there in the basement.

Danny Furlong for cork is one on one with the Limerick keeper and puts it over the bar.

• Advertisement

FT at Turners Cross, Limerick take the 3 points

Advertisement