Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Weeks 11 + 12), May 3-7, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Extratime.ie have Shams Vrs. Sligo Rovers at 3,600 est.

Saw that, found it strange that they do not announce official figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Indeed.

Drogheda United 1 - 2 St. Patricks

Soft peno

Soft is overstating it a small bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Tough to take that. We played well but made a few mistakes which cost us. Limericks first 2 were the exact same goal.

The red card could have went either way. Sometimes it is just a yellow others a red so no complaints on that front.

The real plus was how good Danny Morrissey was. Absolutely stunning performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Well, we finally found something to top Thierry Henry's handball. Fagan handled the ball in the Drogs box in the last minute and the ref gave Pat's a penalty.
    Seriously - he gave Pats a penalty.

Aside from the fact that Fabio's missed penalty should have never been given and Price handling on the line not given, I've never seen a forward handle in the opposition box and receive a penalty.

Waiting for MNS tonight. I hope I'm wrong but everyone around me saw Fagan handle. If I'm right then it is either incompetence of the highest order or simple match fixing.

It was that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Match finished 3-0 to Sligo Rovers in the Showgrounds vrs. Derry City, attendance 4,256.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Great game at the Cross.

The red was load of BS, But as in terms of 90 minutes it was really good game.

Limerick scored 2 identical goals.

Danny should have given us a draw though. Cant fault the players it was a good performance. Would of got something at least had we 11 men and a ref who gave Limerick quite a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Well, we finally found something to top Thierry Henry's handball. Fagan handled the ball in the Drogs box in the last minute and the ref gave Pat's a penalty.
    Seriously - he gave Pats a penalty.

Aside from the fact that Fabio's missed penalty should have never been given and Price handling on the line not given, I've never seen a forward handle in the opposition box and receive a penalty.

Waiting for MNS tonight. I hope I'm wrong but everyone around me saw Fagan handle. If I'm right then it is either incompetence of the highest order or simple match fixing.

It was that bad.

Sucks when the opposing fans agree with you.

Strange one alright.

We the only to beat drogs in the league :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Definitely came off Fagans hand Peppa. From were i was it didn't even look like it was inside the box. Either way, never a penalty.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Sucks when the opposing fans agree with you.
    It actually doesn't suck, it just proves that our eyes weren't subject to one sudden streak of paranoid blindness. If Pats had won 4-0 I would have been happier than I am now, because it actually could have been a fair result, you're finishing is still atrocious for all the chances we gifted you and you created yourselves.
    We only played well when we went chasing the goal and played some good football but there were a lot of people on the way out asking what is the point of paying in when the game is decided by a woeful call like that.

On a positive side, luckily we banned 20 of the muppets after the Sligo debacle, there was no pitch invasion :P but Connolly fairly ran off the pitch at the end. He knew he screwed up.

To the regulars at Cross.

Do any of ye know that Middle age man who all he ever does is **** and blind officials from 1st minute to last? Wears cap and black jacket. Don't want him named but the man has some serious anger problems.

I first noticed him at Tolka park when in first Division and all he did was give abuse to linesman throughout the game.

We all can get abusive but this boyo has serious mental issues. Nutjob would put it nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Where does he sit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Amazing the difference with a couple of players back.

Huge gulf in class between the teams in first and second.

gimmick wrote: »
    Where does he sit?

Seen him in both the Shed and Donie Ford stand.

I normally sit in Donie Ford or Derrynane end but even in opposite end he sticks out like sore thumb.

Seen him few times and he is bonkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Amazing the difference with a couple of players back.

Huge gulf in class between the teams in first and second.

No Cretaro
    No Conneely
    No North
    No Elding
    No Problem :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Could have been a lot more in the showgrounds today. great to have a few players back and showed.

To the regulars at Cross.

Do any of ye know that Middle age man who all he ever does is **** and blind officials from 1st minute to last? Wears cap and black jacket. Don't want him named but the man has some serious anger problems.

I first noticed him at Tolka park when in first Division and all he did was give abuse to linesman throughout the game.

We all can get abusive but this boyo has serious mental issues. Nutjob would put it nicely.
    Pretty sure theres a man fitting that description in every football ground in the world.

Hes either a total nutjob or 'a bit of a character' depending on who you're talking to.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Could have been a lot more in the showgrounds today. great to have a few players back and showed.

What was the attendance? (Pretty sure Sligo announce them)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Match finished 3-0 to Sligo Rovers in the Showgrounds vrs. Derry City, attendance 4,256.
    What was the attendance? (Pretty sure Sligo announce them)

5starpool wrote: »

Cheers, didn't look at the previous page.

Pretty sure theres a man fitting that description in every football ground in the world.

Hes either a total nutjob or 'a bit of a character' depending on who you're talking to.

I know people who fit both

but this fella is a nutjob nutjob nutjob if get my drift.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Ebbs wrote: »
    You're standard of posts are beginning to become BohsBoy-esque.

Now now, steady on. Come back to us when you can beat us or even score a goal against us.

Ye have been poison all season. Great to see. Keep playing the cry baby too, one of the many genius managerial decisions by Crolly (out).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Oh wow, Bray actually took a lead. Hopefully they regain it now!

Just caught the end of MNS with the Drogs Pats highlights. Ball hits Fagan's hand, Fagan appeals for a penalty :rolleyes: and Tom Connolly duly obliges. :mad: Connolly standing 5 yards away.

Gob****e shouldn't be allowed near a football match again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

I know people who fit both

but this fella is a nutjob nutjob nutjob if get my drift.;)

Ah here, leave it out....

http:www.facebook.com/Drtomsimmons/timeline

Just caught the end of MNS with the Drogs Pats highlights. Ball hits Fagan's hand, Fagan appeals for a penalty :rolleyes: and Tom Connolly duly obliges. :mad: Connolly standing 5 yards away.

Thats all I caught of MNS either. Contender for worst decision ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Honestly don't get how Matthews can show his face in public.

CSF wrote: »
    Honestly don't get how Matthews can show his face in public.

Were Shels bad or Bray good? Or bit of both?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mushy wrote: »
    Were Shels bad or Bray good? Or bit of both?

Shels really really really bad. Salthill would have beaten us

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

If we beat UCD tomorrow, we go above Cork, placing us well into mid-table obscurity.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Shels really really really bad. Salthill would have beaten us

Damn I had hope. I do think Akinade will be good when older. Great talent in FM if playing it.

Good win for Bray all the same.

We robbed ye last week too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Disappointing performance by us today, only played for 45mins.

But Sligo much better team, fully deserved their win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

We put away the penalty we shouldn't have got. You missed the penalty you shouldn't have got.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Disappointing performance by us today, only played for 45mins.

But Sligo much better team, fully deserved their win.
    Really wasn't ye're day today. Ye could have stayed there all night and it wouldn't have gone in. Good few chances in the first half but I don't remember Rogers making a save. Frustrating but it happens everyone at times.

Second half was a different story. The Joseph Ndo show. Hes 57 years old now and still taking the piss of everybody.

Great crowd down from Derry as usual. Take the megaphone off that lad though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Rovers were robbed...

Elding is shite. He's had his moment. Pushed and bullied his way to a few goals. All brawn, no brain. Hasn't the temperament to play in this league. Gets wound up too easy. He reacted to the crowd in the first few minutes and could have been sent off for that alone. Wound up way too easy by Rice. He won't be top of the scoring charts come end of the season.

Having said all that, neither will any rovers player be at the top of the scoring charts as we have our own set of problems.

Of what I've seen, I wouldn't back Sligo to win the league. I think Derry are the strongest team in the league

you are having a laff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I went past Tolka on the bike an hour ago, some players leaving the ground. Was there a match, I wonder? :rolleyes:

:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sligored wrote: »
    you are having a laff

Derry the best team we have played.

Drogs look away :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Damn I had hope. I do think Akinade will be good when older. Great talent in FM if playing it.

Granted he had Ian Ryan back peddling for the whole second half, Akinade seems really confident on the ball going forward.

As for ourselves, absolute muck, you know things are bad when you're lining out 4-5-1 with Leech up top on his tod against Bray Wanderers!:mad:

Good win for Bray all the same.

We robbed ye last week too.

Ah sure the return match next week!

Hopefully will get some more points before then.

Granted he had Ian Ryan back peddling for the whole second half, Akinade seems really confident on the ball going forward.

As for ourselves, absolute muck, you know things are bad when you're lining out 4-5-1 with Leech up top on his tod against Bray Wanderers!:mad:

Yeah he's a very young lad who will hopefully go places. Only Bray match I've seen this season against Pats, he did well when came on.

Ah come on, we ain't that bad:pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah he's a very young lad who will hopefully go places. Only Bray match I've seen this season against Pats, he did well when came on.

Ah come on, we ain't that bad:pac:

You've beaten us twice this season, says it all! It was more about Mathews mentality, a match we essentially need to win and he plays 4-5-1 with Leech up on his own! Shocking!

You've beaten us twice this season, says it all! It was more about Mathews mentality, a match we essentially need to win and he plays 4-5-1 with Leech up on his own! Shocking!

Yeah but with how its turned out, its been vital for Bray. By now, I think the bottom 3/4 places will be a constant change, I'd be shocked to see much change elsewhere. Don't think there'll be a runaway bottom team. Makes ig more interesting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Pighead wrote: »
    What start to the season for the mighty Lilywhites. We have more points already than we managed for the whole of last year. Playing some lovely stuff as well with future player of the season Richie Towell pulling the strings from midfield.

He was poor enough tonight, Pighead. It was nice of Kenny to take off the fella who was running the show for Dundalk nice and early, Ward.

Could've gone 0-1 down, an innocuous goal and should've had 3 or 4 in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Some of the defending in the City Limerick game today was terrible.
    Limerick scored all their goals from set pieces.The first two
    goals were identical.City struggled with set pieces all day.

The Limerick centre backs were shocking especially after the sending off.
    Morrissey ran them all over the place.They were also very poor in possession at times.

Don't think Dennehey can complain about the red card.Over ran the ball and lunged in.
    The lino by the dug outs had a shocker.Straight down the tunnel after the game to avoid
    abuse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

You's are doing "grand" this year because there was serious investment by Fastfix.
    Of course there was.You would hardly expect no new investment from a company that is taking over a football club.
    No new investment is being made to upgrade the away supporters section and the pitch will stay as is,that is 3G for at least another 2 years.
    At that stage stage the pitch might be taken out and replaced with a grass pitch or they may decide to upgrade to 4G or(even) if there is a 5G available then maybe that.

On last nights match-Dundalk got caught with a sucker punch goal coming up to H/T as they waited for the whistle for that but were not good enough to convert the 4/5 chances that they had during the match.Mulvenna missed a sitter for us and Hoban & Byrne also missed good chances.Rovers ran out deserved winners.We need to get back to doing the simple things well again like trying to string 3 passes together !

If yer down in Oriel on Friday Gav,give us a wave and i'll try to spot you from the shed with my binoculars :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Anyone know which would be the best bus to get to UCD from city centre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I think, the 39A and the 46A are the most frequent buses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Second half was a different story. The Joseph Ndo show. Hes 57 years old now and still taking the piss of everybody.

Great crowd down from Derry as usual. Take the megaphone off that lad though ;)

N'do a legend, I love watching him play football, he makes it all look so easy.

Yeah we had a good crowd down. There was a lot of buzz around the city about this game, and plenty would be making their only away trip of the season, due to the relatively short distance to Sligo.

Sligo showed they are the best team in the league by far, thats 6pts off us already!

At least the top 2 are from the NW;)

39a goes on campus but far side of it. The 11 stops right outside it but at the end where the pitch is. 46a stops outside main gate.

If yer down in Oriel on Friday Gav,give us a wave and i'll try to spot you from the shed with my binoculars :D

You'll see me hanging up my banner...

n3214k.jpg

That_Guy wrote: »
    Anyone know which would be the best bus to get to UCD from city centre?

Any bus to Stillorgan Rd (Nultey Lane), walk across the dual carrigeway, down Greenfield Rd and left at the bottom.

• Advertisement
Advertisement