Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford casual dining and drinks?

Options
  • 02-05-2013 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there,

Im organising a 40th birthday trip to Wexford in June. Im looking for advise on good pups with beer garden incase its sunny and some where to eat. Is Springsteins Steakhouse still open? , I cant seem to get through on the number advertised on line. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭chickey

springsteins is gone. maggie mays or t morris for beer garden - chans around corner for chinese

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Chocolate might be worth a look also.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Possibly a bit more than casual dining but the Vine is unreal for food - then off to Maggies(beer garden/music outside) - T Morris and also Mackens for a quiet couple of pints Wexford style - Mackens has the best guinness in town for me....

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭chieftan65

the yard is probably the best in the county or probably several counties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

cistin eile for a great michelin style lunch for very reasonable cash. 6-10 euros for lunch and nowhere better in town for food... lots of great restaurants.... cistin eile, the yard, the vine, greenacres!

pubs with beer gardens... sky and the ground, t morris, maggie mays, bugler doyles, chocolate,mackens(sort of but its on the main street).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 johnny craw

Lads thank you very much for all the advice, we`re realy looking forward to the 1st of june, hope the sun shines all day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Maggie May's and Sky & The Ground usually have music at weekends in their beer gardens. As a regular, I can testify the Sky usually on Sunday afternoon/evenings and sometimes on Saturdays.

Enjoy and here's hoping the weather co-operates.

Thanks a mill radio might see ya for a cider in the sun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ruth_wex

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Possibly a bit more than casual dining but the Vine is unreal for food - then off to Maggies(beer garden/music outside) - T Morris and also Mackens for a quiet couple of pints Wexford style - Mackens has the best guinness in town for me....

Brgds
    Johnny

I agree .... the Vine has the best atmosphere and food in town, and it's smack bang in the middle of all of the pubs! A definite for a night out and then Maggies/T Morris after!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

ruth_wex wrote: »
    I agree .... the Vine has the best atmosphere and food in town, and it's smack bang in the middle of all of the pubs! A definite for a night out and then Maggies/T Morris after!

Just don't get a table above the kitchen or you will SWEAT to death ! You've been warned ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

chieftan65 wrote: »
    the yard is probably the best in the county or probably several counties

I disagree, they can't cook a steak or fish there, from my experience the last time there. Woeful and overrated

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

vicwatson wrote: »
    I disagree, they can't cook a steak or fish there, from my experience the last time there. Woeful and overrated

Each to their own I suppose. I've eaten in the Yard maybe 10 times in the last 2 years and I've always been extremely happy with both the food and the service. By the way I have no association with the restaurant, just a satisfied customer.

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

ruth_wex wrote: »

Straight to Maggies afterwards if you can still move after the 3 course in the Vine : ) - Also forgot to mention the Loch and Quay across the road(mini-Temple Bar on the 1 street there to be fair)

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

Tradfest on in Charlotte Street next weekend... trad from 13.00 sat and sunday and also a ceili on at 2pm.

http://www.visitwexford.ie/events.php?eventid=tradfest

Hi guys, what a wonderful weekend we all had in wexford town, we must have visited all the pups some maybe twice. Everyone was very friendly and a great craic was had in all the pubs, beer gardens were exceptional oh as was the food and very friendly service in chans chineese restraunt. We are definetly going back to wexford town again before the summer ends and thank you all so much for all the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Hi guys, what a wonderful weekend we all had in wexford town, we must have visited all the pups some maybe twice. Everyone was very friendly and a great craic was had in all the pubs, beer gardens were exceptional oh as was the food and very friendly service in chans chineese restraunt. We are definetly going back to wexford town again before the summer ends and thank you all so much for all the advice!

good to hear!!

Advertisement