Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom 24MB NGB

• 02-05-2013 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭

Eircom have upgraded my line to 24MB NGB. When I checked with various speedtest sites, I am achieving between 8.5 -10.5MB.

Is this normal?

With this faster speed, do I need a new router?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Eircom have upgraded your line to up-to 24MB NGB.

Increased distance from your local exchange will reduce the speeds you actually get. If you posts your line stats from the router, there are plenty people on here (not me unfortunately) who can tell you if your line is capable of handling >10.5MB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭boccy23

Cheers. Can do that later when at home.

For reference, the previous line was up to 7MB. I was achieving around 5MB all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Im on the 25mb package but i consider myself luck to get the 17 I do actually get.

Its the Eircom lottery pal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

boccy23 wrote: »
    Eircom have upgraded my line to 24MB NGB. When I checked with various speedtest sites, I am achieving between 8.5 -10.5MB.

Is this normal?

It very much depends on your distance from the exchange what speed you'll get.
    As pointed out already the only way to know is to post your line stats

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

boccy23 wrote: »

Is this normal?

On the 24mb package....only get 10mb down and 1mb up :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

On the 24mb package....only get 10mb down and 1mb up :(

tbh, that's fairly decent. Some people are lucky to get 1Mb down. ;)

Advertisement