Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Sub 210 London Challenge

• 02-05-2013 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

My previous log was The Rocky Road to Dublin which basically covered from late 2010 after my first Marathon up until recently enough.

With 21 weeks to go until Berlin I have decided to set up a new log just to keep me focussed on the task at hand and also hopefully to pick up some advice or words of wisdom from others as I progress.

I suppose I'm still trying to crack the Marathon so to speak and last year was the nearest I came in Dublin based on my ability at the time where I was heading for around 3:42/3:43 but cramped badly from UCD in.

Since then I have taken 3 minutes off my HM PB in Bohermeen running 1:39 and been training away since then fairly consistently. Have had a bit of a calf problem the last few weeks so haven't been able to up the mileage as I would have liked but have managed all of the sessions we have been doing with the club. I think the problem is resolved now so will be looking to up the mileage gradually from around the 30 miles per week where it is now.

I only have 2 goals as part of this training cycle
    • Get to the start line fit & healthy
    • Dedicate myself properly to training

If I do the above then we'll see about a goal time closer to the time.

Thanks for reading/contributing to the log in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

So now down to some training and yes I have made the changeover to metric :eek:

Monday 29th
    Avg Pace: 5:12
    Avg HR: 139

Two loops around our regular training grounds with one of the clubmates who would be a good bit quicker than me. Didn't help that calf/achilees on left leg were pretty sore during this.

Tuesday 30th - Session

3.07K warm up followed by stretching & drills

4x200M intervals @ mile pace with recovery (40,42,41,39)
    22 minute Tempo @ 10K pace (4:37 pace, Avg HR 149)

1.53K Warm down

10.63K total

Wasn't sure about doing this the way the leg was feeling but knew from previous runs the nagging pain was there whether I was running/walking and did not get worse so went ahead with it.

Happy with the tempo run which was on grass and maintained the effort consistent throughout. HR was pretty constant as well which should be a good sign?

Wednesday 1st - Physio

Couldn't get to see the physio until last night but did in the end. Found a few nice knots around the soleus. Was happy to feel the pain when he was digging in as I knew that would be sorting the problem.

Pain is gone today although he told me not to do anything today. If all goes well tomorrow I'm hoping to do the Boyne 10K on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

pistol_75 wrote: »
    So now down to some training and yes I have made the changeover to metric :eek:

Monday 29th
    Avg Pace: 5:12
    Avg HR: 139

Two loops around our regular training grounds with one of the clubmates who would be a good bit quicker than me. Didn't help that calf/achilees on left leg were pretty sore during this.

Tuesday 30th - Session

3.07K warm up followed by stretching & drills

4x200M intervals @ mile pace with recovery (40,42,41,39)
    22 minute Tempo @ 10K pace (4:37 pace, Avg HR 149)

1.53K Warm down

10.63K total

Wasn't sure about doing this the way the leg was feeling but knew from previous runs the nagging pain was there whether I was running/walking and did not get worse so went ahead with it.

Happy with the tempo run which was on grass and maintained the effort consistent throughout. HR was pretty constant as well which should be a good sign?

Wednesday 1st - Physio

Couldn't get to see the physio until last night but did in the end. Found a few nice knots around the soleus. Was happy to feel the pain when he was digging in as I knew that would be sorting the problem.

Pain is gone today although he told me not to do anything today. If all goes well tomorrow I'm hoping to do the Boyne 10K on Sunday.

Damn this metric stuff. Best of luck with the new log.

My only advice I would give is don't do alot of races. You seem to do them in a big block which i think makes a person more injury prone with the extra stress.

What plan you following? I am starting in June for New York with P&D, going to do 55-70 mile plan but make small changes like:
    - Every second week do a tempo starting at 7 miles working to 10
    miles.
    - Every second week go to the club for the speed sessions which will be
    1k's or 1 mile reps.
    - long runs from 80m week plan

Damn this metric stuff. Best of luck with the new log.

My only advice I would give is don't do alot of races. You seem to do them in a big block which i think makes a person more injury prone with the extra stress.

What plan you following? I am starting in June for New York with P&D, going to do 55-70 mile plan but make small changes like:
    - Every second week do a tempo starting at 7 miles working to 10
    miles.
    - Every second week go to the club for the speed sessions which will be
    1k's or 1 mile reps.
    - long runs from 80m week plan

The race at the weekend will be the last until Dunshaughlin probably with the exception of a 5K race the club have at the end of May. Looking at options regarding plans at the moment and what is best suited to me. I think for me the main focus is on increasing endurance first and foremost so will probably build a plan around club session, marathon pace midweek run increasing over time and of course the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

Best of luck pistol. I'm heading to Berlin as well and I think this point is the one I need to work on most as I tend to go MIA for a few weeks in every marathon cycle.
    Dedicate myself properly to training

We have very similar marathon and half PB's but my half was from last April and havn't done a lot of consistent work since.

I'll be following your log with added interest.
    Also you give the average HR but what is your max HR?

Best of luck pistol. I'm heading to Berlin as well and I think this point is the one I need to work on most as I tend to go MIA for a few weeks in every marathon cycle.

We have very similar marathon and half PB's but my half was from last April and havn't done a lot of consistent work since.

I saw your log title but didn't recognise the username until last week. Have been keeping an eye on it abd glad to see you are getting back into it.

In comparison to you my Max HR would be quite low, actually very low.

Most of my recovery/easy runs would be low 130's or below. (5:40 pace approx)
    Steady runs tend to be in the mid 130's. (5:20 pace approx)
    For the Bohermeen 1/2 the average was 149 (4:41 pace)
    For a recent 5K Malahide Parkrun average was 153 (4:14)

Think the max in any of these dis-regarding spikes was 157 during the 5K. How this relates to Max HR though I'm not entirely sure. I think I have it set at 165 in Garmin connect from last year with a resting HR of 50 which I need to check again as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Ah glad you're back with a new log. No doubt we'll be comparing notes and analysis on the build up to Berlin with the odd LSR thrown in! :)

jcsmum wrote: »
    Ah glad you're back with a new log. No doubt we'll be comparing notes and analysis on the build up to Berlin with the odd LSR thrown in! :)

Sounds like a plan. You'd miss the oul laps of the papal cross car park ;)

Friday 3rd May

Avg Pace: 5:31
    Avg Hr: 138

Just a few easy enough K's to see how the Achilles/Calf was. Still a bit niggly but nothing major. Hoping to give the Boyne 10K a go on Sunday which with the course changes will be a difficult enough prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Good luck with the new log and the Berlin training. Let us know when those long runs are happening, i'll tag along and impart my wisdom on stuff:pac:

Sat 4th May

Avg Pace: 5:26
    Avg HR: 137

Just 30 mins this morning after registering for Boyne 10K with a few strides at the end. Achilles feeling sore this afternoon giving me more doubts. Think I found the offending area on far side of Calf this evening. Hopefully be ok in the morning.

• Advertisement

Sun 5th May - Boyne 10K

10.03K in 46:13
    Avg Pace: 4:37
    Avg HR: 150

Signed up for this on Saturday morning as it is a race I had done for the previous 2 years and tends to be a well run race which is local enough to me. The course is normally not too bad but a last minute change due to Council works not being completed brought in in a steep hill from 6.5K to 7K and a severe drag from 7-8K. Based on this and recent niggles I wasn't expecting a PB (45:27).

After a minutes silence for Boston the race was started by Jack O'Shea pretty much bang on time. Started heading out from Drogheda towards Battle of the Boyne site and the road open out after around 500m. Settled the pace back a bit and although legs not feeling too fresh there were no muscle problems. Bit of a hill between 1 & 2K and slowed a little here. The wind was into our face on the way out but wasn't too bad. Pace came back down for the next K but was already feeling like quitting. On top of everything else sun-cream was stinging the eyes out of me. Got to the turnaround point and the 5K point shortly after in high 22's I think.

Thoughts were now turning to Rathmullen hill as we made our way back towards the Boyne cable bridge and eventually swung right to be greeted by it. Just dug in and got up as best I could. Where for the previous couple of K the odd person was passing me now I was starting to pass people. Got to the top of the initial section and swung left where the severity eased off but there was still another K of a tough drag. Passed a couple more along here but was suffering badly myself. Splits for K's 7 & 8 were 4:53 & 5:12. The next K was a sharp downhill and was still picking off the odd person. Could now see the town in the distance again and just struggled towards the finish as best I could. Felt pretty slow but turned out to be 4:28. Crossed the line in a heap and hung over the barrier for a minute or so to get the head together.

So all in all wasn't a disaster I had felt it was during the race. About 45 seconds off PB but 45 seconds quicker than same race last year on a harder course. The heat made it a bit more difficult as well. Hopefully be able to get more miles in the legs now in the run up to Dunshaughlin and give the PB a good seeing to.

Monday 6th May

Avg Pace: 5:51
    Avg HR: 129

Recovery run this evening with a few clubmates having the chat. Legs pretty dead as expected so hopefully this will do the trick ahead of session tomorrow night.

Tuesday 7th May - Club Session

3.12K w/u followed by stretching & drills

Session consisted of 4x(800,400) w/1 min recovery & 2.5mins between sets.

Splits were (3:23,1:33;3:18,1:30;3:21,1:31;1:27)

1.21K w/d

Wasn't looking forward to this after racing on Sunday. While the legs were tired it wasn't that bad I suppose. Happy enough with the splits. Coach must have been in a good mood as he let us off with the last 800 :)

Thursday 9th May

Avg Pace: 5:17
    Avg Hr: 137

Midweek long run this evening. Nice couple of hills to spice it up a bit. Didn't look at watch at all just rang along with one of the quicker lads from the club. Enjoyed it mostly :o

Had a bit of a sabbatical since last Thursday some of it planned and some of it not. Had to play a golf match on Friday. The other half was then away on Saturday till Sunday PM at a hen party so I was on duty with the little fella then. Had planned to do a long run when she came back on Sunday PM but a friend of mine was in contention in the Irish Amateur Opem Golf Championships so I whisked over to Royal Dublin to watch the end of that. The fecker went on to win it in a play-off so a rather late night ensued making Monday a write-off. It was great though :)

Tuesday 14th May

54 minutes of hell.
    8.83K covered in total.

So the college where we normally train have their sports day on Friday so we had to keep off the track. Mr O'Hanlon whisked us out the country for some hill repeats. After he located the steepest hill around Bellewstown (there are plenty to choose from) we got going with a warm-up and eventually into 10 intervals of 75 seconds up the hill followed by 60 seconds jog back down.

It was lung busting, tough on the legs and there were lots of flies but I really enjoyed it to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

The two of you need to get your respective fingers out and run sub 3.30 in Berlin!

Good luck with the new log Pete!

H

54 minutes of hell.
    It was lung busting, tough on the legs and there were lots of flies but I really enjoyed it to be honest.

Ah, they are the best sessions! :D

digger2d2 wrote: »
    The two of you need to get your respective fingers out and run sub 3.30 in Berlin!

Good luck with the new log Pete!

Cheers Digs. Never a truer word spoken ;)

Wednesday 15th May
    2.07K @ 5:29 pace Hr 135

5K @ 5:03 pace Hr 140

3.29K @ 5:18 pace Hr 134

Basically just over 10K tonight. Wanted to get a Garmin link of our 5K route (Star of the sea) hence the messing above. Legs a bit tired after yesterday but not too bad. Reckon the 5K is a fast enough course given that any gradual climb is early with the last 1.5K gradual downhill making it easier to maintain/pick up pace.

Will post the link when I download it tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Race route for Star of the Sea 5K in case anyone is thinking of doing it.

Thursday 16th May

Avg Pace: 5:34
    Avg HR: 133

Just an easy run yesterday evening. Had a crap and long day at work. Got home ready to explode and feeling crap. Out the door and back an hour or so later feeling on top of the world. The joys of running.

• Advertisement

Thursday 16th May

Avg Pace: 5:34

Just an easy run yesterday evening. Had a crap and long day at work. Got home ready to explode and feeling crap. Out the door and back an hour or so later feeling on top of the world. The joys of running.

You said it! :)

Saturday 18th May

8.07 KM
    5:23 Avg Pace
    135 Avg Hr

Early run this morning as wife has communion with school. Legs weren't sure what was going on. Longish run relative to recent training planned for the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

S
    Early run this morning as wife has communion with school.

Your wife is only eight? :eek:

Aimman wrote: »
    Your wife is only eight? :eek:

Digger told me it was ok? ;)

Sunday 19th May

17 KM
    5:38 Avg Pace
    135 Avg HR

Nice longish run this morning. Just took it easy whole way round. Changed the pace display for HR and enjoyed a lovely morning out there. Nothing much else to report.

Monday 20th May

6.25Km
    Avg Pace: 6:02
    Avg HR: 130

Nice late evening recovery run. Legs seem to be returning to normal and are in better shape since I switched back to the Brooks Adrenaline. Massage booked tonight to iron out any remaining niggles.

Checked the RHR for the first time in a long time (year or more) and it seems to have come down from 50 to 46. A step in the right direction. Next step is to review recent races/sessions and see what my Max is. This should give me the right training zones to keep an eye on over the course of Marathon training.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tomred1N

Good log PP

Been reading it there this evening. Would be happy to follow you progress curve....have a 4:15 from DCM last year and would be happy with 3.45 in cork.

PB from a half a few weeks of 1:40:xx ..... and 45:xx for a 10K in March.....just wondering what times you were hitting for these distances when you got 3.46 ??

tomred1N wrote: »
    Good log PP

Been reading it there this evening. Would be happy to follow you progress curve....have a 4:15 from DCM last year and would be happy with 3.45 in cork.

PB from a half a few weeks of 1:40:xx ..... and 45:xx for a 10K in March.....just wondering what times you were hitting for these distances when you got 3.46 ??

Tomred1 your well on track. I had a 45:xx from Dunshaughlin. I actually ran the 1/2 in 1:43 which wasn't a PB at the time. 1:42 was my PB from the previous year.

Once you have the endurance your well set for sub 3:45 based on my experience.

Good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tomred1N

Tomred1 your well on track. I had a 45:xx from Dunshaughlin. I actually ran the 1/2 in 1:43 which wasn't a PB at the time. 1:42 was my PB from the previous year.

Once you have the endurance your well set for sub 3:45 based on my experience.

Good luck with it

Yep endurance is the name of the game I guess.... after 800 miles of P&D if it aint endurance its the high stool at noon :)

will follow your progress to Berlin , ultimately a sub 3.30 and I think I might have to take up something less time consuming like ....golf !!

• Advertisement

tomred1N wrote: »
    Yep endurance is the name of the game I guess.... after 800 miles of P&D if it aint endurance its the high stool at noon :)

will follow your progress to Berlin , ultimately a sub 3.30 and I think I might have to take up something less time consuming like ....golf !!

I've been down the golf route previous to running, actually still play when I can. The 19th hole can take a long time to get played some days :)

Tuesday 21st May

7.4 Km
    Avg Pace: 5:43

Had been for a sports massage and dropped into club training slightly late. Just a few easy K's to help flushing out the legs.

Wednesday 22nd May

Avg Pace: 5:31

Can't remember much about this on other than I think it was showing a few local clubs the 5K race route with a few other K's thrown in somewhere.

Thursday was a rest day followed by managing a Golf team on Fri/Sat/Sun that involved lots of walking but no running and some beers :)

Monday was the start of 18 Week P&D Plan with a rest day (recovery from Sun night).

Tuesday 28th May - Star of the Sea 5K

5K in 21:39
    Avg Pace: 4:20
    Avg HR: 153

So a good start to the marathon plan to move away from the prescribed session and substitute the clubs 5K race. Didn't feel in any sort of mood after the weekend but at least legs should be fresh enough. Did about a 4K warm up inclusing jog down to the start and the race kicked off pretty much on time.

Held it steady enough through the first K including a slight rise over the M1. Down through the village and another slight rise to bring us out of the village. Got through 2K in around 8:25, shortly after this though the legs were feeling heavy and the mind was having lots of negative thoughts. The 3rd K had a bit of a drag before turning into the grounds of a nursing home and a slight downhill finish. Seemed to switch off here a bit and slowed to 4:30 pace. The next half K was a drag out of the grounds, was in a bit of a mess and felt like I was plodding rather than running. Checked pace coming out of the grounds and it was showing 4:50ish :eek: Dug in a bit from there and hit 4K at 4:31. Just wanted to saunter to the finish from here but mush have picked it up a bit as passed a few people and there was nobody coming past me. Downhill through the village and a slight rise up towards the finish. Got passed by one person but passed another in the last 50m. 4:15 for the last K to finish in 21:39.

About 5 seconds per K off PB time but happy enough for where I am at the moment and gave it a good go. Consensus was that although the course had a couple of short hills it also had a couple of nice downhills, especially in the last 1.5K.

Short warm down to bring up 10K for the night and then into an absolute mountain of food afterwards.

Well done on your pb, things moving in the right direction, always good for the confidence.

Wasn't a PB. Meant about 5 seconds per K slower than PB pace ;)

Wasn't a PB. Meant about 5 seconds per K slower than PB pace ;)

Sorry, still a good time!

• Advertisement

Thursday 30th May

Avg Pace: 5:37
    Avg HR: 136

Lovely evening out this evening. Ran part of this on the beach at Gormanston. Was really nice. Legs fine after race on Tue night. Thought there would be no Club session this week with the race but there is one tomorrow night :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

Great stuff Pistol and you stuffed me by 30 seconds :D

Friday 31st May

Plan: Rest
    Actual: Club Session

Didn't think we'd have a session this week with the race but it was moved to Friday night :-(

3.9K warm up included a loop of the college grounds, stretching and a couple of laps of running the straight hard and the bend easy. The session was 3 sets of (1x1200m, 55 sec recovery, 1x300m) with a 3 minute recovery between each set.

Splits were (5:03,1:01;4:57,1:01;4:53,1:00)

A couple of laps then to warm down finishing with 9.33K for the session. This was a tough session but with any session the key is to be able to pace yourself right and run all the intervals close to the same pace/effort. Legs were pretty wrecked afterwards.

Saturday 1st June

Plan: 6K - Recovery Run
    Actual: 5.3K Treadmill Run

As part of the local summer festival the local pub 'The White Hart Inn' was running a 24 hour treadmill run with the proceeds going to Crumlin childrens hospital & Balbriggan Cancer support group. I was assigned the 7am slot so just treated this as a recovery run. Great to get it out of the way so early but legs were in ribbons after the night before.

Sunday 2nd June

Plan: 19K - Long Run
    Actual: 19.6K

Avg Pace: 5:39
    Avg HR: 134

Another lovely morning when I set out from Stamullen for my long run. Was worried how the legs would hold up given how they felt the previous morning and while they were tired that is all it was. Headed towards Julianstown and then the back road to Laytown where I swung back and headed back towards Mosney and eventually back onto the main road at Murphy's quarry. From here I headed up towards the Delvin and back up around Gormanston College and back to the car. Probably could have done with a bit of water towards the end but felt fine afterwards.

Plan for the week was 4 runs and 53K, with the session as well as the race it was a tough enough week and ended up doing 5 days and around 58K in total. Back to 4 days this week before moving to 5 from the following week. Have my sister in laws 30th birthday party on Saturday night so will aim to get the runs out of the way and leave Sunday free for a rest day this week.

Tuesday 4th June

Plan: 13K w/10x100M strides
    Actual: Club session (5x800 w/75sec rec)

Club session last night and after a 3K warm up followed by lots of stretching & drills & a couple of strides we were into the session. Any of the women who had ran some 10K the day before were giving a nice handy bit of running but the rest of us suffered and wilted in the heat. Splits were:

3:13, 3:12, 3:15, 3:18, 3:19

These kind of threw me a bit as wasn't sure what pace I should be running them at. Ran the first couple a bit quick and by the 3rd one the legs were riddled with lactic. suffered badly on the last couple and felt like I was running in treacle. Checked afterwards and the Mcmillan range is (3:12-3:21) so although all in the range not the ideal way to do them.

Just over 3K cool down to bring it up to around 10.3K for the night.

Thursday 6th June

Avg Pace: 5:30
    Avg HR: 135

One of those evenings that no matter how bad the legs or body feel its just great to be out on the roads. Got a couple of K in before the club run and we did one loop of our usual loop and then a few of us headed off to do a hilly 10K which brought the distance up nicely to the plan.

• Advertisement

Saturday 8th June

8K @ 5:36 pace 133 Hr
    13K @ 5:01 pace 141 Hr

Was down at the In-Laws for the weekend and although not looking forward to this had to get it out if the way on Sat morning. Was warm starting out and spent most of the first 8K worrying about the marathon pace part if the run. Reset the watch after 8K and after a drink of water was on my way.

Wasn't sure of the roads so did a big loop which started out on a country road but before long turned onto the road connecting Athy to the M9. First couple of K if anything had a couple of downhills and was just watching the pace without having to think about it too much. This road continued until around 6K and was pretty open and exposed and was into any breeze there was so I was looking forward to getting off it.

Took a walking/drink break after 6K as an experiment and it went ok with getting water in and recovering back to pace no problem. Felt a bit crappy after 9K and popped a gel which seemed to do the business. Picked up the pace slightly for the last 3K which was a good boost as there was a good uphill portion here.

Glad to have the first of these out of the way. Found it tough but more mentally I think in some ways. The heat was also a factor and doing it on mainly exposed roads was mind numbing.

Sunday 9th June

8.04K @ 5:53 pace 131 Hr

After Sis-In-Laws 30th last night I wouldn't have been in top shape today. Glad it was only recovery run today. After the first couple of K is was grand and enjoyable and had to focus on keeping pace down. The only downside are the amount of seagulls around the place. I reckon they're planning they're attacks for the breeding season :mad:

Is there something you need to tell us about you and seagulls? Didn't you have this problem too last year? ;)

jcsmum wrote: »
    Is there something you need to tell us about you and seagulls? Didn't you have this problem too last year? ;)

Just that they are vicious during breeding season and yes they can get quite close at times when it suits them. You'd think they'd much prefer it on da southside :rolleyes:

Saturday 8th June

8K @ 5:36 pace 133 Hr
    13K @ 5:01 pace 141 Hr

Was down at the In-Laws for the weekend and although not looking forward to this had to get it out if the way on Sat morning. Was warm starting out and spent most of the first 8K worrying about the marathon pace part if the run. Reset the watch after 8K and after a drink of water was on my way.

Wasn't sure of the roads so did a big loop which started out on a country road but before long turned onto the road connecting Athy to the M9. First couple of K if anything had a couple of downhills and was just watching the pace without having to think about it too much. This road continued until around 6K and was pretty open and exposed and was into any breeze there was so I was looking forward to getting off it.

Took a walking/drink break after 6K as an experiment and it went ok with getting water in and recovering back to pace no problem. Felt a bit crappy after 9K and popped a gel which seemed to do the business. Picked up the pace slightly for the last 3K which was a good boost as there was a good uphill portion here.

Glad to have the first of these out of the way. Found it tough but more mentally I think in some ways. The heat was also a factor and doing it on mainly exposed roads was mind numbing.

Sunday 9th June

8.04K @ 5:53 pace 131 Hr

After Sis-In-Laws 30th last night I wouldn't have been in top shape today. Glad it was only recovery run today. After the first couple of K is was grand and enjoyable and had to focus on keeping pace down. The only downside are the amount of seagulls around the place. I reckon they're planning they're attacks for the breeding season :mad:

You looking at a sub 3:30 with the pace run?

You looking at a sub 3:30 with the pace run?

It's early days, very early days ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

That's a 'yes' then. :D

Mr Slow wrote: »
    That's a 'yes' then. :D

Sub 3:46 ;)

So early that you could go for better than sub 3:30?????????

Tuesday 11th June

Avg Pace: 5:25
    Avg HR: 137

Club session last night. Usual 3K warm up followed by stretches, drills & strides. Session then was (15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90, 105, 120 secs w/35 sec recovery between each interval and then the same in reverse). These were meant to be done at 5K pace which was hard to guage for some of the shorter ones but the effort was there. doesn't seem much on paper but a tough enough session with the recoveries feeling shorter all the time.

Finished off with a nice cool down loop of the college grounds.

Thursday 13th June

Avg Pace: 5:14
    Avg Hr: 135

Was pretty wrecked after a slogfest on the golf course last night. To make matters worse the person I was meant to meet never showed. Headed off solo and have to say was most enjoyable run for a long time. Just ran by feel and after easing into it the splits dropped and kept dropping. Only the one Hail Mary of a shower as well which was a bonus :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement