Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coke - 18 cans for €6 - Centra

• 02-05-2013 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Sugar/caffeine overdose yourself this bank holiday weekend:

20130430_130114_zpsd3e2d0ed.jpg

From Centra's May bank Holiday flyer, so I assume it's for all stores.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Good deal, got 18 cans of coke in Lidl for €7.50 last week as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

I smell a publicity stunt
    massive signs outside the shop and non existing stock
    been to 2 different stores (coolock and glasnevin)
    only a few regular coke left, no signs of diet or zero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I'll go have a look tomorrow and will report back here.

Now has anybody a BA for Capt Morgan?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭Kilteragh

quilmore wrote: »
    I smell a publicity stunt
    massive signs outside the shop and non existing stock
    been to 2 different stores (coolock and glasnevin)
    only a few regular coke left, no signs of diet or zero

Not on display in Dooradoyle in Limerick either but when I asked they went and got them from the store and scanned in at €6 as expected. Nice one OP.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Purchased in Centra Lucan. Limited stock, and only regular available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Sold out.

P!ssed off.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Just picked up 2 cases in the Centra at Doughcloyne Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Got 2 yesterday for 6e each in rathfarnham. Not sure if any left today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Nothing but a scam. I would say each shop got 4 or 5 cases of each type and sold them fairly fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Nothing but a scam. I would say each shop got 4 or 5 cases of each type and sold them fairly fast.

Bang on the money there... we have two centras local to us here and one didnt even do the offer (asked at till) and the other did, but i was informed by the lady on till that "we only got about 15 cases in and the staff here bought up 10 of those already", she went on to say... "it is a bit of a white lie those offers".

To me it is the same scam as the 1c coffee from centra a while back... no store i came across knew about it and others that did didnt do the offer.

(also on a side note... one centra here was doing coke zero/diet/regular 2L bottles for 2 for €3. - the other local centra didnt have this offer and their 2L bottles were €2.79 each!)

Seems to be because each of these shops are franchises, the managers can pick and choose what offers they want to do.

Think i will ignore the centra offers on BA for the future... unless i see it in the store... it doesnt exist IMHO.

• Advertisement

All the offers are at store manager discretion. I mind being in a shop and someone had a voucher out of the paper for a 1e fillet roll or something. Centra offer and the store wouldn't honour it. Small print says manager discretion

Was in Monaghan there. Topaz garage. Loads of coke and diet coke 18 pack. 6e. 12 pack beside it 9.10€

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If its any consolation- Tesco have the selfsame 18 pack tray for 7.49- not as good a bargain, but not too bad either. They have pallet loads of it too.

Advertisement