Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone Unlock

Options
  • 02-05-2013 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi,

I am moving to America for three months this summer and I need to get my iPhone unlocked while I am away. I've been told this simply cannot be done as I am still in contract but I am baffled by this. 

Is there anyone here that can do anything for me. I find it strange that even though I will be expected to pay my bill in full during the months I will be away still nothing will be done for me. This leaves me with an expensive piece of metal and plastic just sitting idle for three months.

I realise that certain measures are put in place to deter abuse of the service but I have full intentions of returning back to Ireland and continuing my contract with eMobile? If needed I can forward on evidence of this. 

I don't want to have to unlock my phone through a 3rd party. It is extremely frustrating being responded to with a simple 'no can do' attitude. 

If there are any other customers who have found a resolution to a similar issue it would be great to hear from you too. 

Thanks
    Jonathan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭frankymail

Just bumping this up for a response from one of the eircom team?

Jonathan

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

frankymail wrote: »
    Hi,

I am moving to America for three months this summer and I need to get my iPhone unlocked while I am away. I've been told this simply cannot be done as I am still in contract but I am baffled by this. 

Is there anyone here that can do anything for me. I find it strange that even though I will be expected to pay my bill in full during the months I will be away still nothing will be done for me. This leaves me with an expensive piece of metal and plastic just sitting idle for three months.

I realise that certain measures are put in place to deter abuse of the service but I have full intentions of returning back to Ireland and continuing my contract with eMobile? If needed I can forward on evidence of this. 

I don't want to have to unlock my phone through a 3rd party. It is extremely frustrating being responded to with a simple 'no can do' attitude. 

If there are any other customers who have found a resolution to a similar issue it would be great to hear from you too. 

Thanks
    Jonathan
    [font=Arial","sans-serif]Hi Jonathan,[/font] 

[font=Arial","sans-serif]We do not supply unlocking codes for  customers under contract as unlocking a phone is abreach of the contract and terms of service that was agreed to when the phone was purchased (at the reduced contract rate) and a free minutes & data package was selected.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]I understand that you fully intendto sign up with eMobile on your return. However the terms and conditions have to be applicable for all customers. I understand circumstances change. However if an acceptation is made in your case. Then eMobile could be liable to Unlock phones for other customers under the same circumstances.[/font]

Grainne

Advertisement