Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting hair dye off of my hands.

• 02-05-2013 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

So I dyed my hair today and my hands are bright orange all over my palms and fingers.

Any idea how to get this off? Usually the gloves I get with dye work just fine, but obviously not the ones I got in the dye I used today! :o

I've been scrubbing at them, but nothing seems to be working and I need the dye gone by tomorrow for work/date. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

I use eye make up remover, but the sooner you get to it the better!
    It still takes quite a bit of scrubbing though, but it works! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

i'm assuming you don't have any of the mixed dye left? if you do, rub it on and immediately remove with a damp cloth, 'product removes product' is the mantra of several hairdressers I know.
    failing that, try scrubbing them with a mixture of lemon juice and salt; also I know it sounds disgusting but I had awful red hair dye stains on my face years ago and my mam suggested dampening cigarette ash and rubbing it in, absolutely rotten but worked a treat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

dee_mc wrote: »
    i'm assuming you don't have any of the mixed dye left? if you do, rub it on and immediately remove with a damp cloth, 'product removes product' is the mantra of several hairdressers I know.
    failing that, try scrubbing them with a mixture of lemon juice and salt; also I know it sounds disgusting but I had awful red hair dye stains on my face years ago and my mam suggested dampening cigarette ash and rubbing it in, absolutely rotten but worked a treat!

Hmm. I don't have any of the dye left because I literally used every last drop of it, and have cuts on my hands so not very keen on the lemon and salt (although I will resort to that if I have to!), but my mum smokes like a chimney so I think I'll actually try the smoke ash. :pac:

just thinkin, wd40 gets everything out, try it on a patch? might be less disgusting than the fag ash!

dee_mc wrote: »
    just thinkin, wd40 gets everything out, try it on a patch? might be less disgusting than the fag ash!

I feel clueless now, but what's wd40? :o:o

I don't mind the idea of cigarette ash too much, I only stopped smoking a few months ago myself so I can't really complain. :pac:

• Advertisement

http://wd40.com/
    it's a spray grease type thing used for lubricating hinges and stuff, bit of a staple in diy loving households, if ye don't have it a neighbour will!!
    I've used it to get oil paint stains off my hands (it can really sink in) and I hear it gets out hair dye too!

Think I'll be going out to buy some of that so. :D

Thanks a million. :)

no bother, let us know how u get on!
    Oh btw, apply wd40 to dry hands, be generous!, rub in for a minute or two, then rinse well with lots of soap and warm water, it does smell greasy but smell doesn't linger :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Nail varnish remover
    Or Fairy Liquid + dish scrubber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Baby oil & sea salt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

What about Swarfega?

Advertisement