Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale Agreed, up to bank?

Options
  • 02-05-2013 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭

I went sale agreed on a house a few months back, deposits paid, revised offer accepted (start of March) etc.

But the delay is apparently with the bank on the vendors side.
    According to EA the owners don't have a timescale for the sale, they are at the hands of the bank....

The EA did go on to say that the owners solicitor who is handling the sale is seeking a history of the marketing of the property and bids place.
    The EA took this as a good sign, as it means the offer is now being taken into serious consideration by the bank.

Is this all very much a case of how long is a piece of string with regards when the sale will be completed? Is there anything I can do on my side to speed things up? Is it likely to be a few months or a number of months?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Advertisement