Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity - Estimate, Estimate ... Actual. Big bill..

Options
  • 02-05-2013 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

Just a warning more than anything ...

I just had a 400 euro bill from airtricity for 2 months of electrity (my usual is 130-150) so I almost sh*t myself...

I am guessing looking at the bill they had underestimated for quite some time then took an actual reading and this month I got stung for my normal usage plus the extra...

A few times there has just been a note put through by ESB even though we were in the house. They obviously couldnt be bothered ringing hte bell to allow me to open the fence to let them though.

Nasty!!!

Keep an eye on your bill and supply your own readings or you might get a bad surprise...

X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Xcellor wrote: »
    Just a warning more than anything ...

I just had a 400 euro bill from airtricity for 2 months of electrity (my usual is 130-150) so I almost sh*t myself...

I am guessing looking at the bill they had underestimated for quite some time then took an actual reading and this month I got stung for my normal usage plus the extra...

A few times there has just been a note put through by ESB even though we were in the house. They obviously couldnt be bothered ringing hte bell to allow me to open the fence to let them though.

Nasty!!!

Keep an eye on your bill and supply your own readings or you might get a bad surprise...

X

Don't they text you to remind you to submit a reading?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You get a bill every two months showing an estimate was used. You get the odd card from the meter reader through the door. You know you have estimates yet you don't supply a reading yourself? Then you moan about a large bill. You also post it as a warning to others - l think most people know how it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Then you moan about a large bill. You also post it as a warning to others - l think most people know how it works!

I'm not moaning.

It's very easy to forget to submit an actual reading. I was out of the country for two months which compounded the issue.

I think you miss the point... Of course I know how it works.:rolleyes: The thread is not about that. It's about how easy it is to forget to submit a reading. The lazy meter reader doesn't bother ringing the door bell...

X

irishgeo wrote: »
    Don't they text you to remind you to submit a reading?

I didn't receive a text :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Did you sign up to receive texts?

• Advertisement

Yawns wrote: »
    Did you sign up to receive texts?

No but ill check it out now. Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Xcellor wrote: »
    No but ill check it out now. Thanks

Login to their website and then goto
    https://my.airtricity.com/oss_web/meter-reading-reminders.htm

you can get reminders via txt and e-mail,

Cabaal wrote: »
    Login to their website and then goto
    https://my.airtricity.com/oss_web/meter-reading-reminders.htm

you can get reminders via txt and e-mail,

Your meter reminder settings have been saved.

Done now hopefully won't get this happening again 430 euros out in one chunk is not something I want happening regularly.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I was stung like this many years ago. Got a bill for £230 rather than the £70 I was expecting. Never again!!

I always check the bills. If it shows E, then I fetch the meter key, read the meter myself and send over the reading the same day.

Advertisement