Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maplins - Swann CCTV Kit

Options
  • 02-05-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to get a CCTV system for my house. I was thinking 2 cameras (1 front, 1 back) connecting to DVR. I saw this on Maplins and looks very resonable. Anyone here have this or use Swann systems?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/500gb-2-camera-4-channel-cctv-system-with-internet-and-smartphone-viewing-636713

The free app allowing you to watch the live stream would be very helpful.

Does anyone know if the cameras have a solid/flashing light at all times or only when recording? I would like it to be a detterent.

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not great IMO.
    You will get better value from some of the suppliers here.
    EyespyCCTV have some good deals on kits .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Have a read here before you buy cheap cctv kit

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Liammoore26

I have bought 4 swann drv9 kits and two of the have failed within 2 years they are the cheapest of the cheap and i would not recommend to anyone

Advertisement