Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convictions for iec to change?

Options
  • 02-05-2013 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi all,i was talking to a garda,he said that there are ment to be changes coming,that people with convictions will have a better chance on getting into canada on the iec.Has anyone heard anything about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

with the utmost respect, what would a garda know about the canadian immigration process?

Also, theres a lot of bad press over here about the influx of foreign workers (there's more news coming soon on that) taking canadian jobs.
    I don't see any thing coming soon that would make it easier for people to come over, if anything it will get more difficualt.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Hi all,i was talking to a garda,he said that there are ment to be changes coming,that people with convictions will have a better chance on getting into canada on the iec.Has anyone heard anything about this?

Heard nothing about it . But highly doubt it relaxing visa requirements for people with convictions will happen .wouldnt make any sense
    Theres always a sing a dance if a non national causes a crime people ask questions .

Immigration is getting tighter by the year . There screening potential immigrants more and more so they fit better into Canada and contribute positively to society .

Everyone makes mistakes and deserves a second chance . But immigration authorites in any developed country are harsh and by the book .They have to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

retalivity wrote: »
    with the utmost respect, what would a garda know about the canadian immigration process?

Also, theres a lot of bad press over here about the influx of foreign workers (there's more news coming soon on that) taking canadian jobs.
    I don't see any thing coming soon that would make it easier for people to come over, if anything it will get more difficualt.

exactly, id say its wishful thinking, its hard enough to get in there with no convictions never mind actually having a conviction and i don think a garda is in a position of knowledge or authority to comment on canadian immigration in fairness.

Advertisement