Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4s or 5?

Options
  • 02-05-2013 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to get an iphone for my dad, he's recently damaged his iPhone 3g and myself and the brothers are pitching in to get him an upgrade. We're looking to spend between €350-500 in total to get a simfree 4s or 5 (if possible for that price)

New, Used or Refurbished isn't really an issue. He has a vodafone sim if that's important.

Anyone know anywhere in Dublin City Center that have the best deals or are reputable?

Any help would be great,
    Thanks
    Mick
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

If you are buying for prepay just go through Apple directly online.

The phone will then be Sim Free also, which is nice if you ever want to switch providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

To buy a new 4s from apple will cost you €579. You should easily get a secondhand one for your budget but its very easy to get stung buying an iPhone from someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Mr.S wrote: »
    You can get a decent used 4S for around 300-350 on adverts!

Thanks a lot i'll have a look, 579 from apple sounds very steep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Dietsquirt wrote: »

Some of the cash convenience shops down this way are selling secondhand iphone4 for €180 and some for €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Dietsquirt wrote: »

I bought a sealed sim free 4S on adverts on Tuesday for €400.

Have a look there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

I bought a sealed sim free 4S on adverts on Tuesday for €400.

Have a look there.

Will more than likely be blacklisted in just over a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Will more than likely be blacklisted in just over a month.

No it won't, he had great feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

No it won't, he had great feedback!

Well I hope it doesn't, but I've worked in the mobile Phone industry for long enough. In a large amount of cases I find these sales don't go very well in the end.

Do you know that somebody can just walk in off the street to a mobile phone shop with a passport and ESB bill or similar and walk out 10 mins later with an iPhone without even paying as much as a penny upfront. It can also be done online too. You just order the phone through the mobile phone networks website, email in a copy of your proof of address and Passport and the phone will be delivered free of charge. I just wouldn't recommend anyone buy phones off done deal or adverts. It's truly a hit and miss game.

Advertisement