Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freaking out over 1st year History Exam in Arts Degree

Options
  • 02-05-2013 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi there,

Anyone got some pointers on the best books, websites etc. to go to to revise for history exam?

Not for me but I'd like to help someone who's sort of panicking!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Gel wrote: »
    Hi there,

Anyone got some pointers on the best books, websites etc. to go to to revise for history exam?

Not for me but I'd like to help someone who's sort of panicking!

I'd start with the notes they took and the lecture notes. Sort through the required readings, and go from there.

Tell your friend to take a deep breath, and get cracking!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

All that's needed in 1st year is a pass really and the first year history exams aren't that hard, one topic from each week comes up. Pick two and do the readings

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Your friend needs to look at the notes they took in lectures and tutorials, read the tutorial documents, and then read the recommended readings on the topics they want to study. There should be a reading list for the course which would be a good starting point. Websites are generally dogey enough if you get the wrong sites.

Advertisement