Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local honey

Options
  • 02-05-2013 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

I remember Gerry was selling honey from Loughshinny, but it was quite expensive. Does anyone know where I can buy some direct from a hive owner? I'm looking to get a few kilos of honey for brewing purposes (nom nom nom). edit: Live in Skerries but would drive to Lusk, balbriggan, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

You could try giving this crowd a shout they might be able to point you in the right direction
    http://dublinbees.org/contact/

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

You could try Apitherapy in Skerries: http://apitherapy.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I'll ask the Twitters, a lot of Fingal foodies on there!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Misleading banner headline :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I got some in the cafe beside the ice cream shop in skerries last year. It's all gone now but it had the name of the maker on the jar, if you can get that you could try contact them direct. They were in skerries too afair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Yeah, Olive sells the Apitherapy honey, which is most likely the expensive honey that Khannie refers to that he had bought in Gerry's. That's not what he wants.

So, if anyone knows of a beekeeper that Khannie can buy from directly - that'd be great.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

Hard to obtain but I hope someone posts a known supplier.

Recently even checking the labels on supermarket honeys, not 1 is solely from Ireland. They all have honey from 'outside the EU' mixed in with Irish honey?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Thanks for the help folks. Interested to hear what the twitters say sNarah. I'll report back if I find anything else myself.
    Triangular wrote: »
    Recently even checking the labels on supermarket honeys, not 1 is solely from Ireland.

Yeah, I was looking too and noticed that. It's all "blend of EU and non-EU honey" on the labels. Mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

The beekeepers I know usually harvest the honey in Sept/Oct and last years harvest was not great after the crap summer. If you are looking for kilos of honey you will more likely have to deal to with more than one Beekeeper as most amateur production would be quite small scale. You may have more luck if you 'post' at the end of the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I just txt a friend of mine that does Bee keeping , Ill see what they reply is.
    Cathy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Sound. Thanks. :)

Advertisement