Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sounds

Options
  • 02-05-2013 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

my desktop compaq presario has no sound .it says no ethernet controller..no multimedia audio controller ,is there something i can download to fix this ,other than windows update

anto

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

It might just need the drivers for those devices. Compaq is now HP as far as I know, maybe check their site for the drivers ? Did you reinstall the operating system or delete anything that might have caused the issue ? Or did they just disappear ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭tony melia

ZENER wrote: »
    It might just need the drivers for those devices. Compaq is now HP as far as I know, maybe check their site for the drivers ? Did you reinstall the operating system or delete anything that might have caused the issue ? Or did they just disappear ?

Ken
    reloaded windows they vanished windows might not be kosher cant go to windows updates might crash

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

You'll need to visit the makers website to download all the drivers for your computer then. Google the make/model number for your PC with "drivers" at the end and see what happens ? Or go to here to find your systems drivers. Depending on how old your computer is you may not find drivers for Windows 7. What was the original Operating System ?

Ken

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You need to have your Windows able to get the updates, otherwise your exposing your system to security problems down the line. If Windows Updates are causing problems with your system you should probably look into getting a proper license for it (I take it your copy may be unlicensed from what you stated?). You can get drivers for the computer model on www.hp.com, but Windows updates are equally as important.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭tony melia

yoyo wrote: »
    You need to have your Windows able to get the updates, otherwise your exposing your system to security problems down the line. If Windows Updates are causing problems with your system you should probably look into getting a proper license for it (I take it your copy may be unlicensed from what you stated?). You can get drivers for the computer model on www.hp.com, but Windows updates are equally as important.

Nick
    down loaded from that site now working perfect

many thanks

anto

• Advertisement
Advertisement