Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new sulky racing track .

Options
  • 02-05-2013 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

A new sulky racing track appears to have been "opened" on the roads leading to Altamount Gardens.All motorists ,cyclists ,walkers and tour buses please give way to the pair of ££nts who have decided to make this their private track.Gardai have been notified but alas no appearance .Motorists beware !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Does sulky refer to the animal or the human ?:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ganger

Good one !!! Definitely the horse looks o.k,,but the "human" it is hard to say ,especially with the hoodies pulled down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

ganger wrote: »
    A new sulky racing track appears to have been "opened" on the roads leading to Altamount Gardens.All motorists ,cyclists ,walkers and tour buses please give way to the pair of ££nts who have decided to make this their private track.Gardai have been notified but alas no appearance .Motorists beware !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Gardai won't turn up when there are so many lads around that mght give them a slap or two and Who could blame them. They need to have the power to fight these criminals with real force and with their batons drawn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

foggy_lad wrote: »
    The Gardai won't turn up when there are so many lads around that mght give them a slap or two and Who could blame them!

Shure, why are we as taxpayers paying a Police force that are not willing to Police these creatures?:confused:

And yet we, as taxpayers fund Pavee Point & all the other organisations/forums /councils & committees that fund their cultural activities.

It's a mad world, when you think about it....

Really. It is.

Shure, why are we as taxpayers paying a Police force that are not willing to Police these creatures?:confused:

And yet we, as taxpayers fund Pavee Point & all the other organisations/forums /councils & committees that fund their cultural activities.

Really. It is.
    The Gardai are more than willing to get stuck in, but who in their right mind would go up against those gangs of criminals in vans and high end jeeps with no more than a stab vest for protection??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Thanks foggy lad, I was thinking of heading Altamont way over the bank holiday weekend, wouldn't like to run into these gents. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

How many were racing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Really. It is.

And then we have a Pavee Point damsel on Vinnie B tonight moaning about the hard times Travellers are having with all the cutbacks they've endured.:eek:

Super-Rush wrote: »
    How many were racing?
    2 ,followed by a white transit van with 3 morons ,who were shouting and roaring at them.

And then we have a Pavee Point damsel on Vinnie B tonight moaning about the hard times Travellers are having with all the cutbacks they've endured.:eek:
    Aint that the truth !!!!What about law abiding tax payers vinnie B?//

• Advertisement

And they're off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Jacques Thelad

You've got to admire their skill in beating a horse (alongside a sulky) into the back of a Transit all the same. But something needs to be done BEFORE there's an accident, not afterwards.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

You've got to admire their skill in beating a horse (alongside a sulky) into the back of a Transit all the same. But something needs to be done BEFORE there's an accident, not afterwards.
    That's not a skill, it's downright cruelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Jacques Thelad

Indeed. Or I may have been just a touch facetious there :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Are they still in the Altamont area? I love visiting the gardens at this time of year, but I don't want to risk getting my car bashed. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I saw some travellers going through Graiguecullen on a horse and cart with two horses tied to the back of the cart. One had so little rope it couldn't raise its head to walk properly and both looked in a pretty bad state. There was also a car driving behind swinging some sort of flexible cane out the window to "encourage" them along.

Is there any point ringing the gardai from an animal cruelty point of view if I see a situation like this again? I was quite tempted at the time but had the impression that the gardai/ISPCA were reluctant to intervene with travellers in these situations.

Its heartbreaking to see this, what i dont understand is every year we get reminders from council about our dog license.Failure to pay, i would think would lead to a check up/visit by council,resulting in fines.I thought there was law now about owning horses i.e license /registration .Any how unless people keep reporting this disgraceful behaviour ,nothing will be done. I think the local radio/newspapers should highlight this and force "authorities" into enforcing their own laws. There are 2 laws in this country .

ganger wrote: »
    Its heartbreaking to see this, what i dont understand is every year we get reminders from council about our dog license.Failure to pay, i would think would lead to a check up/visit by council,resulting in fines.I thought there was law now about owning horses i.e license /registration .Any how unless people keep reporting this disgraceful behaviour ,nothing will be done. I think the local radio/newspapers should highlight this and force "authorities" into enforcing their own laws. There are 2 laws in this country .

There is only one law in this country but our laws are not their laws as I have often been told.

That is true ,very true.Unfortunately for the animals the authorities are too cowardly to enforce the "laws".

Advertisement