Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This exam, that exam, everything exam, exam. UL students have exams, e, i, e, i, oh!

Options
  • 02-05-2013 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭

Following on from Polar Ice's comment in the bitch thread, this thread is to compensate for the lack of exam thread this year... so I guess this is the exam thread...

Anywho! How's the study going? Are we all set for exams (if you have any)? So on, so forth, ye know how this goes...

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

My study today has been a Never Mind the Buzzcocks marathon.......I regret nothing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Too much coffee. Eyes hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Ahhh for once I get to do it...

Im the one ye'll hate :D

I have a grand total of 0 exams :D

Its also pretty good weather here in south east Spain... :P

Ill leave ye be now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Handed in my final project evaaaa today. Got a bit of study done early in the week and a big day planned for tomorrow. I'm thinking of watching the first episode of the walking dead now however and that could throw everything out the window :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Had first one yesterday, went well. I've Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Saturday. So obviously, I'm not even looking at the last one until Monday week! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

garv123 wrote: »
    Ahhh for once I get to do it...

Im the one ye'll hate :D

I have a grand total of 0 exams :D

Its also pretty good weather here in south east Spain... :P

Ill leave ye be now...

I think it's time to retire "GET OUT!!" and use this instead:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Nothing until the 16th so finding it incredibly hard to get motivated! I'll probably start freaking out on the 15th and hate myself for not starting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Nothing until the 16th so finding it incredibly hard to get motivated! I'll probably start freaking out on the 15th and hate myself for not starting now.

Me too, what course are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Exams kicking off on the 10th,
    Finished on the 17th
    Not ready for them at all
    Next week will make or break me,
    Deliberating what the straw will be that will end up breaking my back... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

You know during an exam when the person in the row next to you is is asking for their nth answer booklet, and you're still on your first? Do not panic, it's Chris Martin writing one sentence per line!

• Advertisement

Has it become somewhat of a pet peeve? :P
    When I write I use up all my paper, eco-friendly soul that I am, but online I really don't see the need too...
    If though, by starting a new line at the end of every sentence caused harm in some way that could be avoided writing in blocks, of course I'd change my ways, for the greater good!
    However, I'm yet to be informed as of yet,
    So paragraphs a-plenty until then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Has it become somewhat of a pet peeve? :P
    When I write I use up all my paper, eco-friendly soul that I am, but online I really don't see the need too...
    If though, by starting a new line at the end of every sentence caused harm in some way that could be avoided writing in blocks, of course I'd change my ways, for the greater good!
    However, I'm yet to be informed as of yet,
    So paragraphs a-plenty until then!

you shouldnt waste pixels, there is only a finite supply of them:P

I'll decrease font to compensate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Only the one exam this time around, in and out of here on the 8th of May! :D

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    Only the one exam this time around, in and out of here on the 8th of May! :D

Same as myself, except I'm the 14th. Still hasn't kicked in that I'm actually doing an exam. :P Haven't done one since the repeats in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

I hate you all, 5 exams, finished the 18th

Last exams of my undergrad:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

freyners wrote: »
    I hate you all, 5 exams, finished the 18th

Last exams of my undergrad:D

Only 4 for me, last on the 18th and I'm finished my undergrad

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Dante on Fire

Hi all,

Just an addition to this thread about Exam weeks:

Exam Hub: Will be operational each exam day (Including Saturdays)
    There is free tea and coffee, pens and pencils, bottles of water and some relaxation areas in the photocopy room in the Students' Union building.

Tips and Advice Before Exams.
    • Academic Cheating: 190525_10151389804446190_1723927067_n.jpgphoto.php?fbid=10151389804446190&set=a.10151360815191190.1073741829.184311771189&type=1&theater
    • Clean Desk policy: 247509_10151389804451190_1056771769_n.jpgphoto.php?fbid=10151389804451190&set=a.10151360815191190.1073741829.184311771189&type=1&theater
    • Exam Checklist:298227_10151389804466190_850746009_n.jpg
    Also The map of the exam centres can be found here:

253284_10151389805616190_960931222_n.jpg

Final note:
    If you have any difficulty during the Exams you can contact me on suacademic@ul.ie for all tips and advice be sure to add the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ULSU-...r/184311771189

From everyone in the SU, we wish you the best of luck in your Exams and a safe and amazing summer!

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

Your "Where are my exams on?" poster is incorrect. C1 Corridor is on the LEFT

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

First one today at four. I'm strangely calm about it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Second one done and dusted. Went fairly well, no danger of failing it, but made one or two silly mistakes when I look back. Hopefully won't be penalized too much!

The "OH F*CK! EXAMSSSS! :eek:" feeling arrived last night at about 9pm with all its rabbit in the headlights effect inducing glory. :(

On the up side, in about 19.5 hours I'll hopefully be finished second year... again... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

chrislad wrote: »
    Second one done and dusted. Went fairly well, no danger of failing it, but made one or two silly mistakes when I look back. Hopefully won't be penalized too much!

That's Scumbag Brain at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

I turned up for every economics lecture and tutorial, I've been studying it solidly for 2 days, re-reading the slides online and it's just not going in. I soon as I close the book I can't remember a thing. Screwed for tomorrow.

Not Macroeconomics is it?

It is actually.

First year?
    Economics & Sociology?

First year but just macro economics for non-business (European studies)

Ah not the same course then, don't feel as bad!
    Would be something if I found someone from my course on boards, the last day of the college year... :P

It would seem we're worrying about the same test...
    Is it your last?

• Advertisement

Lol, nope I've got two more to go then I'm done at last thank god.

Advertisement