Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This exam, that exam, everything exam, exam. UL students have exams, e, i, e, i, oh!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

This one is my last one now,
    4 of 4,
    Doesn't feel like holidays yet,
    Hopefully will tomorrow :D

By the way I'm copying out all Aplia Q & A's as we speak,
    Hoping a few of them might be repeats,
    Midway through second test, can send them on if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

Lucky you :P

I'm actually looking through aplia now some questions won't say were I went wrong so if you could that'd be great.

It's just basically Q and correct answer,
    Seldom goes into much detail,
    And some of the questions are taken out of context like,
    "Which of these is INCORRECT," I've only put down the incorrect one out of the group, besides that should be alright...
    Hope it helps and will throw up 3 and 4 when I have them done

Thanks very much :) .

I think I'm still probably going to fail anyway though, I found this worse than the microeconomics and I wasn't keen on that either.

Do you know how much the aplia exams are worth overall?

Prefered Micro to this as well,
    And this was supposed to be easier :/

Aplia Exams are 40%, 10% for each test,
    So say you got an average of 70% (ambitious) over the 4 exams,
    You'll have 28% got already.

Test itself will be Multiple Choice Qs but with negative marking,
    Have to be pretty careful and know I'll be leaving a few I haven't a notion about, out.

• Advertisement

I think there's more graphs this time round that all start looking the same.

I left out far too many on my aplia tests so I'll probably do the same here.

There was no negative marking for Aplia tests!
    A lot of answers I guessed (correctly) and got marks for, and many more incorrectly, and got nothing. If you skipped questions you didn't know on your Aplia tests you're at a serious disadvantage, they should've probably been more clear.

What I do is leave out Q's I don't have a notion on,
    Those ones where I think I can cancel at least an answer, maybe two, I put a mark beside and return to later, and just answer ones I know without thinking straight away... That way you can work out how many you actually need to make your pass, and if at any stage you feel you have the comp pass of 30% made, you can stop altogether and don't even try and guess any, as negative marks may drag you down. I think (but not certain) that there's 40 MCQs. Meaning there's 1.5% going for each. If you can work out what you've got from Aplia and add your definite answers to it, try and get at least around 35/40 mark, then you can choose to stop there, if you don't need QCA.
    I'm in lucky position where I'm able to ride off first semesters and lucky exam this semester's QCA :)

FFS, I just assumed there was. Actually really annoyed about that now.

I do need QCA as well since I'm doing Co-op next spring :/

That's tough going alright :/

Have a pretty reasonable QCA myself actually,
    What QCA do you need actually to go on Co op next year or is there a limit?

I'm not actually sure, they've never mentioned it so I'll just ask at my interview next week. It's abroad too so I don't think it will be enough. These exams haven't gone well so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Last one on Saturday, havent done anything. Having a brick here :D

Cosmicfox wrote: »
    I'm not actually sure, they've never mentioned it so I'll just ask at my interview next week. It's abroad too so I don't think it will be enough. These exams haven't gone well so far.

Never say never :)
    Would like to go abroad in 3rd year...
    Provided I get that far :P
    Surprisingly, exams have treated me quite kindly, or so I think,
    Fingers crossed to tomorrow to complete the quad :)
    In first year doesn't matter for me at all, which is a shame because I think I may have just got over 3.0, if results go my way, and this final exam stays on course with the rest :)

Going to look into Co op over the Summer, see if I can learn the ins and outs of it before I decide to do it. Wish I'd a fluent second language though...

Hopefully, I have to go as part of my course so if they can't find me anything I may as well drop out since it's the whole reason I picked it. CV isn't too rosy, can't drive and now these exams aren't going well so I don't have that much hope :P.

Co-op has seemed pretty vague so far, which isn't great.

Spanish this Friday which I'm dreading and the Law and finally finished. I hope all the people not turning up for any law lectures makes the grading a bit easier.

I know what you mean :/
    Best of luck with it though,
    Hopefully they're pretty lenient :)

Lets get tomorrow out of the way first.. :P
    Here's 3rd test and literally can't stay awake any longer..
    Stayed up last night to study for todays exam so awake about 30 odd hours, don't thing my body's able for back to back all nighters, and I sure as hell don't want to test it in a hall full of students in case I do collapse... :P
    Might wake up later, finish and post it, but for now really need some sleep...
    If I don't talk before tomorrow, the best of luck in the test, and in your Spanish and Law ones :)

Thanks again :) I'm gonna stay up and cram til about 2 or so.

Best of luck to you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

All finished up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm finishing up on Saturday, should be out by 10, half 10 at the latest! It's been a week since my last one, just trying to keep focus on this weeks one has been an examinable action in itself!

^^^
    Don't like massive breaks between exams,
    I proper slack off :P

Done now myself,
    At home, in bed, watching TV and can officially say I'm done.. :)
    Worry now later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

In 4 hours I will be freeeeeee. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

In 4 hours I will be freeeeeee. :)

6 for me:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Done

One more tomorrow and then I'm finally done. Then back down for an interview on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Cosmicfox wrote: »
    One more tomorrow and then I'm finally done. Then back down for an interview on Friday.

One more tomorrow too, at 9. Good luck! :) It sucks sitting exams right up to the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭PunkFreud

Had an exam at 9 this morning, but I'll be home free after a lab exam starting at 3! I started on the first day, so this has been my longest exam period.

FINALLY. Not even sure if I'm coming back next semester but it's great to have it over and done with.

Advertisement