Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splinter Cell Blacklist

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Great game so far, only issue is i dislike the way you just point and click on an area run to cover, seems too automatic and easy for me.
    Stunning looking game on max settings on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Works well with the controller on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    No issues here but did you get patch 1.01 and 1.02 mentions DX11 CTDs being fixed.

Well I downloaded it from Steam so I assumed it was up to date. I can't seem to find any indication of what version I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

quarryman wrote: »
    Works well with the controller on PC?

Why would anyone with a PC know that answer? :pac::pac:
    Rob2D wrote: »
    Well I downloaded it from Steam so I assumed it was up to date. I can't seem to find any indication of what version I have.

i got it on uplay and got 2 1gb patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Lol the patches are huge, took me longer to install them(3rd attempt lucky with the first one, ffs ubisoft..) than the game itself.

Nvidia surround is broken in game if you try to launch a mission from the table thing, speak to a NPC and it works.

quarryman, I will hook up the 360 controller tomorrow & give it a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Really enjoying the game myself. Big fan of the series although I still haven't finished Double Agent and wasn't a major fan of Conviction.

Cant help but feel that while playing through this that it's basically Alpha Protocol, but takes itself a bit more serious. Dont get me wrong, I loved Alpha Protocol despite it's flaws.

The stealth aspect, while emphasised, is sadly just like Conviction. Either you're in the shadows or you're not and unless you're in cover then they can see you in the shadows when they're close to you. I MUCH prefer the way the shadows work in the first three games (SC1, PT and CT) where there is a degree of darkness and if it's pitch black they simply cant see you.

In the previous games sound was almost as important as the shadows to help you remain undetected. Generators, turbines and radios etc all helped you disguise your footsteps but in this game it's almost non existent. You can effectively run up behnd anyone and take them out only for the npc to ignore your loud footsteps.

Saying all that, I'm enjoying it. Quite a lot actually. It's just not the Splinter Cell game I hoped for but it's the one I'll happily take.

Got the Upper Echelon Ed. cheap off of Kinguin for about £15. Easily worth that. Looks great on PC. Can play it on max @ 1440x900 on my GTX660.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I feel you, I much preferred the older more stealth based system which forced you to be stealthy rather than give you the choice because I know I'm going to be lazy and take the 'shoot 'em if I can get away with it' approach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Just finished the single player portion of the game. Probably the most complete Splinter Cell game to date (not necessarily the best). Engaging and lengthy single player element, excellent and diverse co-op section and the return of my favourite multiplayer game (spies v merc).

The only real downside is the departure of Ironside, although you get use to the new guy after a while.

I played through in stealth mode without any real issue. Great game and definitely worth a look at the reduced price it is now available for.

Formatted PC and cloud save clearly doesnt work. have to replay the game was about 50% tru it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

My mate was most unimpressed with the crappy green lens flare from your night vision goggles.

Not a bad game, didn't drag on for too long, think they nailed the length just right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Brilliant brilliant game. Though I'm biased in my appreciation of the series.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Mega Bump...

I was looking at my UPlay and saw I had this game and had no recollection of ever playing it, so I figured it was time to get stuck in since Watch Dogs is so broken (refuses to start on my PC now, yet another spectacularly broken piece of software from a AAA release, I think I'm going to give up on AAA games at this stage).

So I installed this and fired it up (and then it had to download a 9GB patch and the next time it started, it tried to download it again...:rolleyes)

However, this is my first time playing one of these Splinter Cell games and I'm really enjoying it. Haven't done any multiplayer stuff yet, I'm finding the missions quite fun and challenging (I'm trying to be a non-lethal stealth bastard cause I rarely play the sort of game that gives me what option, so double plus good!

Is anyone still playing this and maybe interested in a co-op mission or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Shiminay wrote: »
    Mega Bump...

I was looking at my UPlay and saw I had this game and had no recollection of ever playing it, so I figured it was time to get stuck in since Watch Dogs is so broken (refuses to start on my PC now, yet another spectacularly broken piece of software from a AAA release, I think I'm going to give up on AAA games at this stage).

So I installed this and fired it up (and then it had to download a 9GB patch and the next time it started, it tried to download it again...:rolleyes)

However, this is my first time playing one of these Splinter Cell games and I'm really enjoying it. Haven't done any multiplayer stuff yet, I'm finding the missions quite fun and challenging (I'm trying to be a non-lethal stealth bastard cause I rarely play the sort of game that gives me what option, so double plus good!

Is anyone still playing this and maybe interested in a co-op mission or two?

Ha,just bought the game today as a matter of fact..splinter cell conviction is one of my favorite games I've ever played..cant wait to play it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

As it's written in a functional engine (UE3) the game runs really well on my machine and I can play it in 5760X1080 res which is all kinds of awesome I gotta tell you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

*BUMP*

sorry,

*Stealthy silent nudge*

Recently acquired a new gaming rig. Finally capable of playing this. A long wait but hopefully one that's worth it. My question is related to getting this. Is Uplay avoidable, I'd preferred to have it on steam but Conviction and Rayman Legends and Anno all required Uplay regardless of having steam key or not. :(
    What is difference with all the versions e.g Deluxe edition, Upper Echelon and is the DLC worth it? :)

Finally has anyone got any tips for how to get the best out of this game. For context, I've played every single splinter cell game and generally always do a run with minimum kills, knock-outs and detections. Always like doing a bit of rampaging too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Turtwig wrote: »
    My question is related to getting this. Is Uplay avoidable, I'd preferred to have it on steam but Conviction and Rayman Legends and Anno all required Uplay regardless of having steam key or not. :(

Unfortunately not, since Ubisoft own the game they want you to use their platform to launch it, even if you bought a Steam key. I might be in the minority but UPlay isn't as bad as people make out to be, for launching games anyway, but their shop is sh!t and buggy as hell.

What is difference with all the versions e.g Deluxe edition, Upper Echelon and is the DLC worth it? :)

Usually the difference between editions and DLC is adding more weapons, gear or missions. Nothing in terms of solid story stuff.
    Finally has anyone got any tips for how to get the best out of this game. For context, I've played every single splinter cell game and generally always do a run with minimum kills, knock-outs and detections. Always like doing a bit of rampaging too. :)

I haven't played a Splinter Cell in years, Blacklist was the most recent. But generally the guns have stats now (not sure if they did in previous iterations) and you'll need to mix up gear depending on the mission. You can now do executions shots in the game but require points to do so. You should keep these points for the more heavily armored enemies as they require additional shots to kill as they are wearing armored helmets. (i.e the first execution shot won't kill them).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I don't mind uplay for launching it's the store and updating that can be clunky. Anno 2070 would not update and required an unbelievable amount of tinkering to do so.

Any pc bugs/issues I should be aware of?

Bit late to this, after finishing Hitman 2 I forgot I had this.

Really good game, decent in coop too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Great game, bad Splinter Cell.

Also heard the co-op was good. Must get around to it someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Been itching play a splinter cell game lately and this thread has make it worse 😅. Might buy blacklist on series x

• Advertisement
Advertisement