Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live wont work!

Options
  • 02-05-2013 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I asked earlier about usage and I decided to get Xbox live. Found out I need a wireless networking adapter but I have the older Xbox 360 edition so I was told I would find it difficult to get one to suit my Xbox and if i were to find one it would cost €35 preowned. I also was told I could get a Ethernet cable and I have one but my routers cable is far too small. I have huawei black small router from three and I could buy a better router with Ethernet cable for €29. My Internet can be poor at times so I wanted to test Xbox live out so I don't want to spend to much.

What should I do??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

KopHero007 wrote: »
    I asked earlier about usage and I decided to get Xbox live. Found out I need a wireless networking adapter but I have the older Xbox 360 edition so I was told I would find it difficult to get one to suit my Xbox and if i were to find one it would cost €35 preowned. I also was told I could get a Ethernet cable and I have one but my routers cable is far too small. I have huawei black small router from three and I could buy a better router with Ethernet cable for €29. My Internet can be poor at times so I wanted to test Xbox live out so I don't want to spend to much.

What should I do??

Is the router close to your xbox? A wired connection is far better than the adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I'm with Three and its poor from 5pm until about 11pm. You will have a better connection if you can get it wired to your router without moving the router itself from where it gets its best signal. I have mine in the upstairs kitchen near the servants quarters at a window facing where the Three mast is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You have an upstairs kitchen and servants quaters and you can only afford, mobile internet.

You have an upstairs kitchen and servants quaters and you can only afford, mobile internet.

You can only buy what is available to you and my country estate is way out in the sticks with very little options for broadband :D

Only joking about the servants obviously, and the country estate. But not the upstairs kitchen. No downstairs one though.

Whats your ping like on Mars? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KopHero007

Is the router close to your xbox? A wired connection is far better than the adapter.

I could put my Xbox near my router but I can find a way to wire the router and the Xbox. My router has no space for Ethernet connection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

I could put my Xbox near my router but I can find a way to wire the router and the Xbox. My router has no space for Ethernet connection.

What kinda ****box router doesn't have an ethernet connection!!

I wouldn't even bother with playing online.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Do you have a smartphone that has tethering options, and preferably with your mobile broadband provider?

If so, tether your phone to it and see what you get. Or, USB tether to your laptop and bridge it to your Xbox.

I'm guessing you have that small black egg shaped thing from Three. Pretty sure that was free when I was joining Three but paid the few extra quid for the larger Huawei white router with one ethernet port. Cant remember how much it cost. You could ask Three if you could buy one of them and just put the sim card into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Homeplugs any good to ya?

Advertisement