Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second Captains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I don't mind Duignan usually but Jesus he was talking some nonsense Monday. He went off on a tangent about how well some Tipp players played when asked directly about if he thought it was a red card and then eventually came back around and said the ref made the right call. It was non-sensical from the start of the pod. At least if he came out and said that Barrett should have been sent off after striking Hogan as well he might have had some sort of a point, however tenuous but instead it was just rambling nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Just finished there and jesus that was terrible stuff from Duignan, it's all about himself whenever he's on it

Wouldn't be surprised if there was some bit edited out, he was in the middle of a rant and then next thing he's going on about how good the Tipp players were, very quick change in tone and topic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Yeah he was terrible on Monday, basically saying the others didnt know about hurling as they never played in an all Ireland. I'd guess he was on a heavy session with the Offaly lads the night before and wasnt in the best shape. Hopefully thats the end of him on with the lads, always has to get in how he predicted a result at some stage, he makes that many predictions he has to get it right eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Still Ill

All these complaints about that guy on the GAA podcast are almost tempting me to listen to it for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Just finished there and jesus that was terrible stuff from Duignan, it's all about himself whenever he's on it

Wouldn't be surprised if there was some bit edited out, he was in the middle of a rant and then next thing he's going on about how good the Tipp players were, very quick change in tone and topic

I thought I was after skipping forward a minute or two accidentally, there was definitely something cut out, what he was talking about had nothing to do with what he was asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Still Ill wrote: »
    All these complaints about that guy on the GAA podcast are almost tempting me to listen to it for once!

Not me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

Cienciano wrote: »
    Still Ill wrote: »

Not me

New thread drinking game. Read through the whole thread and take a shot everytime Cienciano makes a reference to hating the GAA.

Not going to lie most of us will probably die

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

https://graphtreon.com/top-patreon-creators/podcasts

They're the 4th biggest podcast on patreon, very surprised by that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Narrowly ahead of the Cum boys! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Seamy Fitz

Yeah he was terrible on Monday, basically saying the others didnt know about hurling as they never played in an all Ireland. I'd guess he was on a heavy session with the Offaly lads the night before and wasnt in the best shape. Hopefully thats the end of him on with the lads, always has to get in how he predicted a result at some stage, he makes that many predictions he has to get it right eventually.

Monday's GAA podcast hummed of alcohol :) It was like the morning after a stag night in a hotel lobby......and the stags Uncle from Offaly keeps talking in circles (having just woken up on the lobby couch).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Ken seemed awful... giddy in the Monday shows. Usually takes a step back on the GAA ones but he was front and centre in the opening salvos. Definitely seemed like he had a good weekend anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Jaysus. That’s like €60k a month!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Ken seemed awful... giddy in the Monday shows. Usually takes a step back on the GAA ones but he was front and centre in the opening salvos. Definitely seemed like he had a good weekend anyway!

Two Ken F-bombs in the football podcast! :pac:

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Jaysus. That’s like €60k a month!!!

They are just ahead of the Cum town boys podcast....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Not me

tenor.gif?itemid=11907187

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I had a look at the Football Ramble's page on Patreon to see how their venture was going and it doesn't show the amount of Patreons they have. I wonder if the link you have is for Patreons that have published their subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Nokotan wrote: »

I had a look at the Football Ramble's page on Patreon to see how their venture was going and it doesn't show the amount of Patreons they have. I wonder if the link you have is for Patreons that have published their subscribers.

Do people actually pay for that ****e?

I was thinking the same thing. It’s ****ing awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

The Ramble (and the Totally Football Show) moving to a weekly format was surprising to me. I don't listen to either mind.

The Tuesday show with Richie Sadlier was pretty good. He's excellent whenever he makes an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Obrieski

was in stitches today with Ken wetting himself laughing at the USA crowd code of conduct.
    He lost control of himself with laughter at multiple points, was fantastic to listen to....think he even snorted with laughter a couple of times :D:D

• Advertisement

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    The Ramble (and the Totally Football Show) moving to a weekly format was surprising to me. I don't listen to either mind.

The Tuesday show with Richie Sadlier was pretty good. He's excellent whenever he makes an appearance.

So totally football wast a success ?
    James Richardson wasn’t great lost to the guardian football podcast

So totally football wast a success ?
    James Richardson wasn’t great lost to the guardian football podcast

As far as I know it's still on twice a week. They're also added a European football show. I really enjoy their podcasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Totally Football and the Football Ramble pretty much put out some kind of podcast every weekday now.

TFS shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as that other muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The Totally Football Show is great, I still listen to it twice a week. It's a pity about the sponsorship from Paddy Power, but I just skip that.

Haven't listened to Football Weekly since James Richardson left. He was the best thing about it IMO. Is Barry Glendinning still on it?Awful man, a bilious spoofer.

The football ramble lost it years ago. It's been muck for ages.

To be honest, it's worse than paying to sustain it. They're paying for 'perks'. Each to their own but I feel that the perks are fairly self indulgent from the people at the Football Ramble.
    $5 per month- Access to our Ramble Discord server; Discord is a messaging service that will give you the opportunity to peek behind the curtain and share in what we do all day every day, as well as give you an opportunity to chat and discuss with fellow Ramble listeners!

$10 per month - A fortnightly vlog from Marcus, giving you the little hairy boy's thoughts on everything from Sven to the magnificent Gorgie boys all the way back to Sven again, with your name included in the credits. A lovely, monthly behind-the-scenes blog delivered directly from us to your inbox.

$20 per month - The chance to submit WhatsApp voice notes to us for possible inclusion in the podcast! Send us your thoughts, comments and rants! Also, an invite to the end of season party!

$100 per month - A 30 minute monthly Q&A with Diggory 'Peter' Donaldson, in which you can ask Japan's estranged son about anything—and everything—your heart desires.Have your lovely voice introduce one episode of ‘Football Ramble Daily.’ VIP admission to our end of season party!

$250 per month - Be the star of your very own episode of ‘Ramble Meets…’, recorded right here in our London studio. The audio will be yours to keep forever and ever (redeemable after three months of this level of patreon-age.) A gripping game of FIFA with your ‘Ramble Meets…’ interviewer! A personal video message just for you from Marcus, Luke, Jim and Pete.

Pretty much everything here is to no cost to the Football Ramble. Wow! $100 a month and I get to play a game of FIFA with some lad! A 30 minute chat with Pete Donaldson...fantastic. Like I said, if people want to pay for it fine but there's much better things they could be doing with their money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

that's depressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭jones

Am I the only one who hates the whole Frances murphys TV guide to the weekend? It really bugs me and I don't know why ha

jones wrote: »
    Am I the only one who hates the whole Frances murphys TV guide to the weekend? It really bugs me and I don't know why ha

I kinda hate all of Murph's "banter"... I'm not anti Murph at all, he can have the funniest comments ever at times but a lot of the time he comes across as smug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭jones

Yeah there's a thin line I think, he's brilliant as supporting act but not as the main event. I always think he rushes any monologues he does too. He's an important member of the team but this Frances Murphy ****e, which was mildly amusing at the start, should not be a weekly event. IMO of course

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ken describing that Spurs defender throwing the Man City forward out of the way being like Clint Eastewood saving the president in a film is the highlight of the week so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

It was a great week actually (maybe bar the whole episode on the penalty incident)

Murph was actually funny when he corrected Ken for saying wrongly instead of incorrectly whilst ken was slagging the listener for grammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭jaykay74

jones wrote: »

I am not always aware of some random sports on over the weekend so its handy that its mentioned. I'd only be up to speed on the football fixtures so if theres some gaa or rugby on it gives me a handy reminder about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Totally Football and the Football Ramble pretty much put out some kind of podcast every weekday now.

Used to listen to the ramble religiously in my younger years but got massively bored of it. Was at a bit of a loose end in work earlier this week and decided to throw it on - theyre literally cracking the same jokes and "banter" they were about ten years ago. Gorgie boys, diggory Donaldson, Pete is so wacky and random etc etc... Fair play to them for trying to monetise it but I hope there are no sad souls out there giving them €250 a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

dulux99 wrote: »
    Used to listen to the ramble religiously in my younger years but got massively bored of it.

Yeah used to listen to it fairly regularly but got sick of it a couple years ago. I think it was them constantly breaking their holes laughing at each others jokes that wore me down in the end.

• Advertisement

Yeah used to listen to it fairly regularly but got sick of it a couple years ago. I think it was them constantly breaking their holes laughing at each others jokes that wore me down in the end.

I found that same problem with the 'That Peter Crouch' podcast.

Crouchie would say anything and the two journalist hangers on would break their holes laughing at every sentence. You could feel their desperation to make the podcast work. Not nearly as enjoyable as I thought it would be. :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Have to admit I'm usually here in a state of bewilderment when people start having detailed discussions about other football podcasts I've never heard of :o

Crouchie would say anything and the two journalist hangers on would break their holes laughing at every sentence. You could feel their desperation to make the podcast work. Not nearly as enjoyable as I thought it would be. :(

I find Crouch is trying to steal Stephen Merchants comedy style.... Theft !!! At least it looked like that in the mobile phone ad he did....

Have to admit I'm usually here in a state of bewilderment when people start having detailed discussions about other football podcasts I've never heard of :o

the Crouch one I just happened upon while on the BBC website. Thought it was going to be a great laugh, but I wouldn't really recommend it to be honest. No insights and no wit (plenty of fake laughing / "bantz" though).

I find Crouch is trying to steal Stephen Merchants comedy style.... Theft !!! At least it looked like that in the mobile phone ad he did....

Nah they're just both 8 feet tall other than that I don't see the similarity

• Advertisement

Anyone listen to the latest Guardian Football Weekly? Paolo Bandini, regular contributor there has come out as trans and is now known as Nicky Bandini

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/16/im-nicky-bandini-and-im-still-a-sports-writer

Anyone listen to the latest Guardian Football Weekly? Paolo Bandini, regular contributor there has come out as trans and is now known as Nicky Bandini

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/16/im-nicky-bandini-and-im-still-a-sports-writer

Kim Early ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I haven't listened to Football Weekly, but I did read that article when she came out.

Good luck to her, one of the better football journalists.

Genuine question if anyone knows, is her voice put on or does surgery/medication alter the voice? Just curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Ahwell

Genuine question if anyone knows, is her voice put on or does surgery/medication alter the voice? Just curious.

At at guess, hormone therapy.

I was wondering that. Would hormones have kicked in that quick? Her laugh has totally changed too.

Anyone else finding the Athletic not really worth the subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

found it difficult to follow what Ken was saying yesterday re Pobga/Rashford....he was almost insinuating that people who abuse these lads on twitter, trolls, as he deemed them, are not racist, but just doing it for the kicks...did I hear that right?

Anyone else finding the Athletic not really worth the subscription?

Yeah.. Got it half price for $30 or so, so not too bad, but I rarely read it. Definitely not worth the full whack though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭The Davestator

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    found it difficult to follow what Ken was saying yesterday re Pobga/Rashford....he was almost insinuating that people who abuse these lads on twitter, trolls, as he deemed them, are not racist, but just doing it for the kicks...did I hear that right?

Yes, probably true I reckon. They probably have mixed race colleagues, shout for a team full of different nationalities etc. but they just use the worst possible insult when they want to abuse someone for missing a peno!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement