Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second Captains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

he's a moron end off. I'd expect a better calibre of guest on SC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

A smarmy know-it-all imo. Then he has his like lapdog Miguel following him around Twitter chiming in to support him. A pair of clowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Anyone at the live show last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Obrieski

Think Jack McCaffrey was on last night. Anything said about the Dublin manager situation? Be strange if it wasn’t mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Obrieski

Also a new conspiracy theory...does Ken hate US Murph? Maybe hate is the wrong word, but not tolerate maybe..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Cienciano wrote: »
    Anyone at the live show last night?

Yup, thought Jack McCaffrey was brilliant, funny lad

Brought US Murph up then as Jack wanted to meet him but it was a only short talk, mostly about the 49ers, he was funny as well

Then there was a talk between Ken, Sinead O'Carroll and Jerry Flannery about why football fans like seeing the rugby team lose, funny topic at first but then it got serious and got into social classes and stuff, thought it was a bit too serious for the live show, expected everything to be more light-hearted

Murph did his guide to the weekend then but they actually had Francis Murphy sitting in the crowd, got a good cheer

Obrieski wrote: »
    Think Jack McCaffrey was on last night. Anything said about the Dublin manager situation? Be strange if it wasn’t mentioned

Didn't say anything of note I think, was on about how Jim Gavin has been the most important person in his life for the last few years outside of his family

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Also a new conspiracy theory...does Ken hate US Murph? Maybe hate is the wrong word, but not tolerate maybe..?

Why do you think that? Can't actually recall ever hearing them interact. Just thought that was because Ken's almost exclusively the football guy.

I think all Ken cares about is football and politics, anything other than that and he's just not interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Ken doesn't like american sports. Think thats all it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Last minute, but selling two tickets (balcony) for tonight's 'The Gang's All Here 2019 Football Show' at Liberty Hall. Can email on tickets.

Anyone fancy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kmcattack

Also last minute but we have one ticket to sell for tonight, let me know if anyone is interested

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Got through 25 minutes of Blindboy. I was driving so had little choice.

Phew, that's not for me.

humberklog wrote: »

Phew, that's not for me.

I quite liked it and I could never abide him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Yup, thought Jack McCaffrey was brilliant, funny lad

Brought US Murph up then as Jack wanted to meet him but it was a only short talk, mostly about the 49ers, he was funny as well

Then there was a talk between Ken, Sinead O'Carroll and Jerry Flannery about why football fans like seeing the rugby team lose, funny topic at first but then it got serious and got into social classes and stuff, thought it was a bit too serious for the live show, expected everything to be more light-hearted

Murph did his guide to the weekend then but they actually had Francis Murphy sitting in the crowd, got a good cheer

Ugh Sinead O'Caroll. Wouldn't fancy that. I suppose you got a nice lecture.

Have tickets for Sunday. Hopefully shes not there again.

• Advertisement

jesus if im sitting down to one of kens political "say any ****e you want, i only asked you because im a fan" interviews itll be a long ****in night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭bren2001

Anyone know what time it actually starts at?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Watched that Casillero Del Diablo ad, there's probably room for Wayne Rooney in Tommy Wiseau's next masterpiece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads have the Sunday guests been announced yet?

Well, that was well worth €25. The whole section with mark tighe was pretty much jaw dropping. And murph is underrated. That is all

• Advertisement

Lads have the Sunday guests been announced yet?

They don't announce anything. Enjoy the lucky dip

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Loved the tangent on that Van Halen, Billie Eilish thing on Wednesday's pod, I'm with the lads at most I can name 3/4 Van Halen songs, and I'm a fair bit older than her, they need more music based content, also like how Ken pronounced her name the Irish way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Just catching up on some of the midweek pods, always love slots with Tim Vickery, he tells a story well.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Just catching up on some of the midweek pods, always love slots with Tim Vickery, he tells a story well.

Tim Vickery, Jonathan Wilson are two contributors I could listen to all day. Wish TV was on more often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

If you like Tim, he's on the World Football Phone-In podcast weekly. It's an excellent show with great contributors.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Legendinho as Dotun the host (annoyingly) calls him.

Mark Gleeson on African football is excellent too on the same show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Yeah, it's a great show overall. Tim Vickery is great, even though if you listen to it a good bit he will end up repeating certain stories here and there. And they do have the same old coots that ring them up week after week, but that bad doesn't outweigh the good.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

An an aside, just finished Richie’s book. It’s a good read. He’s been through a lot, fair play to him coming out the other end. A lot of lads in their 30s with drink/drug/depression problems would do well to mirror his approach to getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

https://twitter.com/evannac/status/1203791388451786753?s=19

Well, well, well... If it isn't Mark Horgan in the background. Wonder how Dots the Fantasist will explain this one away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Thought tonight’s show seemed a bit thrown together tbh. I found the OTB live show far better.

• Advertisement

I'm far from Dublin, and probably won't get the chance to see a live show, I'd be happy if I got to see them on a bad night.

I listened to Blindboy, I know he winds people up, but he was very interesting and spoke a lot of sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Enjoyed the show tonight. Good chat with Stephen Kenny, kind of got lost in a few of his own answers at times.

Chat with the three journos also decent. Touched on everything really. Really like Jonathan Wilson, always interesting.

Was sitting near some ****ing gob****e that kept shouting stuff at the stage and then just talking loudly to his mate. Whyyyy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Acosta

Do they just edit the live shows into one pod?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

D.Q wrote: »
    Enjoyed the show tonight. Good chat with Stephen Kenny, kind of got lost in a few of his own answers at times.

Chat with the three journos also decent. Touched on everything really. Really like Jonathan Wilson, always interesting.

Was sitting near some ****ing gob****e that kept shouting stuff at the stage and then just talking loudly to his mate. Whyyyy

Yep this fella was 2 rows behind me. Infuriating. Also shouting at Wilson that his book is sh*te was scabby, I'd say he hasn't read a book in years the dope

Acosta wrote: »
    Do they just edit the live shows into one pod?

Ah no. They will be half of next weeks content or around xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

humberklog wrote: »

Phew, that's not for me.

Yeah I skipped over that one,, I find blindboy hard to listen to very sanctimonious

yermandan wrote: »
    Yep this fella was 2 rows behind me. Infuriating. Also shouting at Wilson that his book is sh*te was scabby, I'd say he hasn't read a book in years the dope

I’ve rarely been at any live podcast that there hasn’t been at least one gob****e who thinks everyone wants to hear them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Loved the tangent on that Van Halen, Billie Eilish thing on Wednesday's pod, I'm with the lads at most I can name 3/4 Van Halen songs, and I'm a fair bit older than her, they need more music based content, also like how Ken pronounced her name the Irish way.

Missed that, must listen back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Went to the Friday show and whilst I really enjoyed it, I thought it was too short. 1:15 for 25 euro didn't represent good value in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Is there a reason they don't move to a bigger theatre? 4 sold out nights this year, last year was similar I think, surely they could fill a bigger place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Is there a reason they don't move to a bigger theatre? 4 sold out nights this year, last year was similar I think, surely they could fill a bigger place?
    But they need more podcasts to cover Christmas so probably if they go for a bigger venue then they might not fill it over 4 nights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Even at the height of their fame, Van Halen were not big outside of the United States

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭al87987

Got about 2 minutes into the blindboy podcast before turning it off.

As soon as he said i dont have the gift of understanding sport I was gone.

Pretty sure they had him on their radio show this year and he said the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Is there a football podcast today?

And re the blindboy podcast - did he really have to wear the crunching plastic bag for an audio only interview?

quad_red wrote: »
    Is there a football podcast today?

And re the blindboy podcast - did he really have to wear the crunching plastic bag for an audio only interview?

I just got a Patreon notification of one about the FAI mess but it probably has the weekends EPL in it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

al87987 wrote: »
    Got about 2 minutes into the blindboy podcast before turning it off.

As soon as he said i dont have the gift of understanding sport I was gone.

Pretty sure they had him on their radio show this year and he said the same thing.

Same. I attempted to give it a chance but he's just so up his own arse in such an overly wordy way, it's like listening to an annoying thesaurus come to life. I don't know how he manages to tie his shoes in the mornings without being awestruck at the universe and the complex physics behind lace tying.

Enjoyed the fact that claimed to have loved the therapist course he was doing so much that he never bothered his arse finishing it, same with his art course.

https://twitter.com/evannac/status/1203791388451786753?s=19

Well, well, well... If it isn't Mark Horgan in the background. Wonder how Dots the Fantasist will explain this one away.

You mean Mike Hogan?

I just got a Patreon notification of one about the FAI mess but it probably has the weekends EPL in it too.

No EPL today. Poor enough form

Beersmith wrote: »
    No EPL today. Poor enough form

No harm. Though they’ll probably do the whole show tomorrow on it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Pretty short show with regards the FAI shenanigans too with it coming in under 50 mins, and no football show either.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement