Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second Captains

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ringo has more talent than all boyband members combined.

Jesus that's shocking about Bryant, was looking forward to a light and breezy Superbowl preview this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

Ken was on tbe blizzard podcast yesterday talking about Liverpool v Blackburn. Utd v west ham 94/95.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

DukeCaboom wrote: »
    Ken was on tbe blizzard podcast yesterday talking about Liverpool v Blackburn. Utd v west ham 94/95.

D'ya mean The Football Ramble Daily?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Arghus wrote: »
    Let's put it this way:

As good as we was, The Beatle's success wasn't down to Ringo's drumming.

It's...it's possibly difficult to argue with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

D'ya mean The Football Ramble Daily?

Sorry your right, I'd Jonathan wilson on the brain.

• Advertisement

murph challenges ken more than eoin, which imo is badly wanted a lot of the time.

ken is the star of the show but if im honest hes gone fairly prone to self-indulgent behaviour that the boys would call out if twere the likes of giles at it- half-thought takes, not always clued up on what hes talking about, whatever.

i was at one of the live shows recently and ken did a fair "rees-mogg reclining" impression for the entire two hours, spoke about three words.

murph is more charlie watts than ringo, jagger got a smack in front of the press one time for treating him with less than the required respect and ok- nobody turns up to hear charlie drum but maybe keeping the star in line is a necessary role that needs filling too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I really don't get the lads hatred of the fa cup. They really hate it. All the do every fa cup week is talk about how much they dislike it. Ken backing the city fans not showing up because of the opposition......this is the same Ken who gave out about Irish fans only showing up when they play the big teams and his whole thing was you show up to watch Ireland not who they're playing. While saying that I did enjoy the chat with Ritchie considering the lads actually acknowledged there's a league here in Ireland for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭al87987

I really don't get the lads hatred of the fa cup. They really hate it. All the do every fa cup week is talk about how much they dislike it. Ken backing the city fans not showing up because of the opposition......this is the same Ken who gave out about Irish fans only showing up when they play the big teams and his whole thing was you show up to watch Ireland not who they're playing. While saying that I did enjoy the chat with Ritchie considering the lads actually acknowledged there's a league here in Ireland for once.

To be fair don't think you can compare the 50+ games City would play every year to the ten or so matches Ireland play, its costs the average club fan a hell of a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Thanks for this! Wouldn’t have known without ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Let's put it this way:

As good as we was, The Beatle's success wasn't down to Ringo's drumming.

Would it have happened for them if they stuck with Pete Best though?:p

• Advertisement

Sorry your right, I'd Jonathan wilson on the brain.

Thanks for bringing that show to my attention. The Conversation with Ken was gas. And they've a series of classic match episodes, which is interesting.

I haven't been able to hack listening to the football ramble itself now for a few years, when they are all together in a room they are a huge collective all singing, dancing and bantering pain in the arse. But I can handle Marcus - who is the least irritating of them - on his own with Jonathan Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

Ken was superb yesterday discussing Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

They call Ringo the luckiest man in showbiz.

I see your Ringo and I raise you Adam Clayton

Hippo wrote: »
    I see your Ringo and I raise you Adam Clayton

Argument falls apart when you realise there's nobody talented in U2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

Unfortunately, that's not quite true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Well that's silly

of all the stupid things you've said and done over the years that ranks somewhere in the middle.

They still have talent no matter how ****e their music is.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Richie put up the footage of Eoin's foul at the Jumpers for Goalposts tournament on his Twitter page. 'I care not one jot for his supreme talent'

mcgucc22 wrote: »
    Richie put up the footage of Eoin's foul at the Jumpers for Goalposts tournament on his Twitter page. 'I care not one jot for his supreme talent'
    https://twitter.com/richiesadlier/status/1223930957977333760?s=21

Lol that was cold

• Advertisement

Reminds me of the bit of Father Ted when Dougal nonchalantly kicks the priest in the head.

Sneaky Eoin, that’s hilarious

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

More heartbreak for poor old US Murph, still fairly magnanimous about it

https://twitter.com/knbrmurph/status/1224170326847672321

Hopefully he’s too disappointed to appear on the podcast.

Hopefully he’s too disappointed to appear on the podcast.

harsh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Eoins tackle set to rugby league commentary, second video below... :D
    "
    That were diabolical"

https://twitter.com/SecondCaptains/status/1224084869363486720?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭deisedude

Found myself screaming at the podcast for Simon to play the Deontay Wilder hotkey while listening to yesterdays Football podcast when they were taling about Allison baptising his fellow pros

"You can run around like you are a preacher all you want but i promise you when you do step in this ring I will baptise you"

Such a missed opportunity!!!

deisedude wrote: »
    Found myself screaming at the podcast for Simon to play the Deontay Wilder hotkey while listening to yesterdays Football podcast when they were taling about Allison baptising his fellow pros

"You can run around like you are a preacher all you want but i promise you when you do step in this ring I will baptise you"

Such a missed opportunity!!!

interesting, I find the hotkey thing fairly childish and low brow. interrupts the conversation sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭deisedude

Jim Root wrote: »
    interesting, I find the hotkey thing fairly childish and low brow. interrupts the conversation sometimes.

But that is the way I am. I am a little bit stupid regarding this type of thing :D

Looks great! From the BBC too so maybe not behind a paywall?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Nokotan wrote: »

Will be interesting to see how Dots the Fantasist explains this.

Who’s George Gibney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Come on now lads, this whole massive podcast production is just a smoke screen for what really was happening to mark.

Will be interesting to see how Dots the Fantasist explains this.

He will probably complain his fiver a month is subsidising a BBC production

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Jim Root wrote: »

Ah some of them can be pretty funny if played at the right moment. Even Ken has been known to crack up when it's done right. Like most things though it's best in moderation. And not like they use them during interviews. Only when the three of them are bickering with each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Have Ken and US Murph ever interacted at all on air? Can't remember, off the top of my head. Not that US Murph ever intrudes within Ken's narrow enough range, but I would have thought they'd have swapped pleasantries at some stage.

corwill wrote: »
    Have Ken and US Murph ever interacted at all on air? Can't remember, off the top of my head. Not that US Murph ever intrudes within Ken's narrow enough range, but I would have thought they'd have swapped pleasantries at some stage.

They have but Ken doesn't have very much interest in US sports and probably decided he can stay out and focus on other things

Ah some of them can be pretty funny if played at the right moment. Even Ken has been known to crack up when it's done right. Like most things though it's best in moderation. And not like they use them during interviews. Only when the three of them are bickering with each other.

That’s fair enough actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Beersmith wrote: »
    They have but Ken doesn't have very much interest in US sports

And neither do most other people :)

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Who’s George Gibney?

Former top Irish Olympic swimming coach who was abusing a lot of young swimmers but got off scot free due to legal technicalities. Gary O’ Toole (former Olympic swimmer, top contributor to OTB Paper Review and basically one of Ireland’s finest gentlemen) was instrumental in outing Gibney.

The whole story is pretty shocking with suggestions of powerful people pulling strings to cover up for him and he somehow was granted a visa to move to the US afterwards where he was again involved in swim coaching.

I haven’t heard anything new about him for at least 10 years so this really could be fascinating listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Only heard about Colm O’Rourke’s comments from the show today. I’m 37 and used “pansy” growing up fairly liberally and probably also once or twice within the last 2 years. I never really thought about its meaning but honestly never knew it was a gay slur.

Thought Murph’s suggestions that as a school teacher O’Rourke should know better was a bit off base, the other two were fairly reasonable about it.

Thought Murph’s suggestions that as a school teacher O’Rourke should know better was a bit off base, the other two were fairly reasonable about it.

Maybe he’s hankering for a return to Off the Ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

When Eoin was talking about Haalands goal against Bremen he said it was a beautiful little dink over the keeper. When that was Julian Brandt's shot, all Haaland did was "make sure" it went in when it was going in anyway.

https://streamja.com/e679

I expect a full apology from Eoin

Cienciano wrote: »
    When Eoin was talking about Haalands goal against Bremen he said it was a beautiful little dink over the keeper. When that was Julian Brandt's shot, all Haaland did was "make sure" it went in when it was going in anyway.

https://streamja.com/e679

I expect a full apology from Eoin

McDimwit

Deadly new Titanic themed audio bed, welcome back Mark!

Whatever party fails in the GE i bet ken will have the obligatory it was obvious that the campaign was destined to fail afterward the fact podcast next Friday.

I actually do like the political podcasts but easy to look smart after it's done.

Whatever party fails in the GE i bet ken will have the obligatory it was obvious that the campaign was destined to fail afterward the fact podcast next Friday.

I actually do like the political podcasts but easy to look smart after it's done.

Isn't that what everyone does when it comes to political results?

did they miss a trick not doing a GE Ken political pod special? I half expected one.

Might be just me but anyone else getting crazy reverb effects with the latest pods?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement