Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second Captains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I for one and happy to see the return of Murphs Country Pages.

I read that daily mail article and left feeling outraged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I haven't listened to the football episode today, but I am presuming that the majority of it is about Troy Parrott? I'm getting a bit bored by the lads constantly talking about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I think they give a bit too much time to the tales of Troy. He is only 18, just gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

I haven't listened to the football episode today, but I am presuming that the majority of it is about Troy Parrott? I'm getting a bit bored by the lads constantly talking about him.

He's mentioned in it as you would expect these days, but there's lots of variety today between Dier, Barca, Steven Gerrard, Mbappe etc.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

cmac2009 wrote: »
    He's mentioned in it as you would expect these days, but there's lots of variety today between Dier, Barca, Steven Gerrard, Mbappe etc.

and Achilles dragging Hectors dead body around whilst Peter O'Toole watched on.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

Eoin was superb in his derision of Gerard. More of that lads, class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

The lads were in great form on todays pod, gave me a few lol moments anyway! Great week
    "An all you can eat kinda thing"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

It was brilliant. High pitched 2005 Eoin is absolutely gas

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Arghus wrote: »
    I think they give a bit too much time to the tales of Troy. He is only 18, just gone.

He was 17 a month ago.

• Advertisement

The ripping on Eoin for the first few minutes was gas.

I usually listen at around 1.5 speed. That Horslips riff sounded demented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Which episode was this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

lawred2 wrote: »
    Which episode was this?

The episode yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I listen at about 1.3.. 1.5 is just that little bit too fast for me.

All my podcast sound like they’ve had a stroke if I accidentally go back to 1x playback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭BikeRacer

Gillen autocorrects to widen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

lawred2 wrote: »
    I listen at about 1.3.. 1.5 is just that little bit too fast for me.

Same here. Can't handle anything faster

I can’t bear to listen to Ken talking about Jose anymore. Hmmm.

But to give some balance, I laughed incredibly hard listening to the “horse” clip today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

The guy reporting in Italy said the reason Corona was so rampant there was because they tested more people and because the people there are older. But that doesn’t explain why its only affecting people in the North generally. Ken and Eoin didnt quite have the nous to follow that up... anyone know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Dots1982 wrote: »
    The guy reporting in Italy said the reason Corona was so rampant there was because they tested more people and because the people there are older. But that doesn’t explain why its only affecting people in the North generally. Ken and Eoin didnt quite have the nous to follow that up... anyone know why?

Probably because of the bull**** you were making up about Mark Horgan.

• Advertisement

Probably because of the bull**** you were making up about Mark Horgan.

A guy who spend a lot of time in the soccer forum defending John Delaney, insisting he did nothing wrong too. Think there's a name for posters like that :pac:

That's biology.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NeftDaslari

Cienciano wrote: »
    A guy who spend a lot of time in the soccer forum defending John Delaney, insisting he did nothing wrong too. Think there's a name for posters like that :pac:

‘Trying to be critical is going to be impossible’

jaysus, the lads will be screwed for content if stuff keeps getting cancelled. must be worrying for them as an SME.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

God's way of saying time for Grunge week.

Jim Root wrote: »
    jaysus, the lads will be screwed for content if stuff keeps getting cancelled. must be worrying for them as an SME.

I'd still listen to Ken's take on the apocalypse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Presumably there will be lots of sports people with nothing to do, so loads will be available for interviews?

I'd still listen to Ken's take on the apocalypse.

I'll never forget that time he said we'd all accept global warming if Pardew's house got flooded first.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The fella on the Ronda Rousey ad sounded like US Murph.

Googled 'put a banging donk on it'

Ehhh....yeah :o

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭North of 32

The part they did about Spike Lee & the Knicks was bizarre and seemed like total filler. They hardly ever cover the NBA and then all of a sudden do a 2 part segment for an absolute non-issue; one with Murph giving the initial overview and then an interview with US Murph.

I hope they get an actual journalist to discuss the NBA situation. No disrespect to US Murph but he's very much just a jack-of-all-trades and is not suitable for analysis of topics.

• Advertisement

The fella on the Ronda Rousey ad sounded like US Murph.

Googled 'put a banging donk on it'

Ehhh....yeah :o

Joe Rogan.

It was pretty laughable stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

The part they did about Spike Lee & the Knicks was bizarre and seemed like total filler. They hardly ever cover the NBA and then all of a sudden do a 2 part segment for an absolute non-issue; one with Murph giving the initial overview and then an interview with US Murph.

I hope they get an actual journalist to discuss the NBA situation. No disrespect to US Murph but he's very much just a jack-of-all-trades and is not suitable for analysis of topics.

I've no interest in basketball but found the Spike Lee stuff very interesting (and funny) as well as the info about the Knicks and the background on their shady, incompetent owner.

The show will go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I've no interest in basketball but found the Spike Lee stuff very interesting (and funny) as well as the info about the Knicks and the background on their shady, incompetent owner.

Would highly recommend Reggie Miller vs the New York Knicks 30 for 30 doc that they mentioned as well for anyone that hasn't seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Jack Charlton audio bed is great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

He's a baseball guy really (along with some golf). The problem is that there's next to no interest in MLB among SC subscribers.

I imagine their subscription numbers will take a bit of a hit for the next while, ultimately a lot of people are going to be earning less and will need to cut back on non-essentials. Every euro will help for many. People off work also means less time in the car, bus or train listening to podcasts for commuters.

Like most people though, they'll tough it out and still be there when everything bounces back in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Would highly recommend Reggie Miller vs the New York Knicks 30 for 30 doc that they mentioned as well for anyone that hasn't seen it

Just watched this, thanks for the recommendation!

https://youtu.be/zVWyPXzSGnE

Edit: not sure this is the 30/30 one but it's still daycent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Think the 30 for 30 is called Winning Time. If you have BT i've noticed they're showing some of them these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Can sometimes find the players chair a bit mixed but enjoyed listening to Jack Byrne today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Jack Charlton audio bed is great :)

thought it was well below their standard.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Can sometimes find the players chair a bit mixed but enjoyed listening to Jack Byrne today.

Yeah enjoyed it too.

Another one revealing the odd people skills of the peculiar Martin O'Neill.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The Euro's being moved and Tom Brady leaving the Patriots at least gives them something to talk about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Really engaging interview, one of the strongest players chair interviews to date. He seemed really relaxed with Richie and the interview flowed as a result.

The discussion about his family, especially around the death of his father was raw. He's been through a lot but never offered up excuses.

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

OH FOR **** SAKE. Not David O' Doherty please.

OH FOR **** SAKE. Not David O' Doherty please.

Excellent, I love DOD

• Advertisement

Holy jesus, have I got this right? They've added a David O'Doherty podcast to the World Service?

This is outstanding news. Wow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭jones

You can tell how nervous the lads are about content going forward. I love listening to them but can't see myself keeping the sub going with no sport on

jones wrote: »
    You can tell how nervous the lads are about content going forward. I love listening to them but can't see myself keeping the sub going with no sport on

If they introduced an annual option I’d pay them now upfront for the year, SMEs need our support.

Jim Root wrote: »
    If they introduced an annual option I’d pay them now upfront for the year, SMEs need our support.

Same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

They need to draft in George Hook immediately if they want to survive... the nation needs his voice

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement