Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second Captains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Ahwell

They need to draft in George Hook immediately if they want to survive... the nation needs his voice

No we don't, George was "petrified" by the avian flu, God knows what state he is in now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭The Davestator

You need the SC more than ever now!
    Love listening when out for a solo early jog each morning. It will be interesting to hear them go deep into some stories as that is their strength in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Acosta

I'll stay subscribed and give them support for as long as possible, but like most I'm going to be out of work for months. I don't find David O'Doherty funny so that's not going to cut it.

It was nice to see Ken question Leo's speech to the nation a bit. Just because everyone wants to put on the green jersey doesn't mean journalist's should give up questioning politicians motivations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I can't complain really. No sport and the lads bring out more content, not less. Top men.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭CiaranW

I for one am enjoying the DO'D content, he's hilarious.

Grumpy Ken is always good and edgy too! Did he mention he was off the smokes the other day?

No smokes and no football make Ken go something something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

I don't think Ken is a morning person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

He sounded particularly despondent on today's pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

The first DoD podcast I thought it wouldn't be for me but I found it more entertaining today. 2 pods a day is great. Need content these days now than before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

So I've 2 David O'Doherty and one US Murph pod to catch up on.

The decision has been. It's beer and videogame night.

I still can’t get listening to them due to sheer volume of podcasts and not being working. The McCaffrey one and the US Murph ones didn’t survive the cull, though the latter never does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

Jack McCaffrey is a very impressive individual isnt he

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Jim Root wrote: »

Seems a very normal lad for one of the best players in the country and having such a tough job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

He sounds like he was forced out of bed to record the podcast.
    The concept of breakfast sounds like it repulses him.
    I imagine he is a coffee and cigarette kind of guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

What's the opposite of nominative determinism?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Ken disappointingly unhungover for today’s episode.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Seems a very normal lad for one of the best players in the country and having such a tough job

Did he say he's now working in Kilkenny?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

He sure is. 5 SFC, 3 All Stars and one Footballer of the year (all that and still took a year out '16 to travel that world with a stint in Ethiopia as Goal ambassador), a doctor, great communicator and he's only 26! Oh and he's a Northsider to boot.

He's been a great addition when he has been on and while a lot here don't like US Murph the story of their fledgling bromance is pretty funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Ahwell wrote: »
    No we don't, George was "petrified" by the avian flu, God knows what state he is in now.

He's also a gobshíte.

Scrap the cap!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

humberklog wrote: »
    He sure is. 5 SFC, 3 All Stars and one Footballer of the year (all that and still took a year out '16 to travel that world with a stint in Ethiopia as Goal ambassador), a doctor, great communicator and he's only 26! Oh and he's a Northsider to boot.

He's been a great addition when he has been on and while a lot here don't like US Murph the story of their fledgling bromance is pretty funny.

He is well paid and well looked after by the Gaa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭CaptivePortal

sasta le wrote: »

I too hate the gaa for looking after their elite players

I too hate the gaa for looking after their elite players

This is probably just another lad that didn’t get picked at Under 12 and has hated the GAA ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭CaptivePortal

This is probably just another lad that didn’t get picked at Under 12 and has hated the GAA ever since.

The gaa should take a leaf out of the FAI and their treatment of LOI players and treat them with absolute contempt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

The GAA, and large cohorts of the wider GAA community can go and **** themselves with their "aren't we great?" mindset and trying to take credit for ABSOLUTELY everything that's going on .

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Jack McCaffrey: Wash your hands.

GAA: No probs you can use Croke Park as a test centre.

Brock: Stop taking credit for f** EVERYTHING!!

sasta le wrote: »

Great. I don't much about the GAA so that's good to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Was going to post the lads did a good job in the circumstances this week, but the GAA will probably take credit for that too :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

OmELettes or is it OmELetTES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That Rory Best sting is an instant hall of famer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Aidric wrote: »
    That Rory Best sting is an instant hall of famer.

Was impressed with how they handled the Rory Best interview refusal. Would have been easy to toe the line and have some handy content.

Still Ill wrote: »
    Was impressed with how they handled the Rory Best interview refusal. Would have been easy to toe the line and have some handy content.

Did I miss that, what happened there? They decided not to do it because of his court appearance, was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Did I miss that, what happened there? They decided not to do it because of his court appearance, was it?

He wouldn't allow questions on that topic, so they said no thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭The Davestator

If the book is anywhere nearly as bad as the radio ad, they were better off staying away from it.

Can't believe that he put that out as an ad. There are 6 year olds on tik tok that would knock out better in 5 minutes.

He wouldn't allow questions on that topic, so they said no thanks

well done lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Just came on to say that after a shaky first episode, the David O'Doherty isolation podcast had is my opinion developed into something really worthwhile. His stuff on being chased by a gang of feral hares, and mistaking a squirrel for a rat was just excellent. Top marks lads. I'll continue to happily support this podcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭boccy23

Enjoyed the pod on the financial crisis. Mark Blyth came across very well without being overly dramatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭jones

buyer95 wrote: »
    Just came on to say that after a shaky first episode, the David O'Doherty isolation podcast had is my opinion developed into something really worthwhile. His stuff on being chased by a gang of feral hares, and mistaking a squirrel for a rat was just excellent. Top marks lads. I'll continue to happily support this podcast.

Totally agree with this. When i first heard it i was thinking wow they are really panicking but i actually enjoy it now. In saying that i'm not sure how long it'll work for there's only so much you can say about being on a wild island with hares and sheep etc ha.

It’s David O’Doherty, it was always going to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Miguel alert, can't even escape him in times of pandemic unfortunately!

Enjoyed Ken being very sarcastic/catty about Jonathan Wilson's project.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah really enjoyed the banter between Ken and Johnathon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Still a few episodes behind, but has been some hilarious moments in DOD's pod.
    Was cracking up about his geography and right-wing French oral stories. :pac:

• Advertisement

Just about to listen to today's pod. Can't wait to hear the big news he teased yesterday about the family jigsaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Yeah, his tangents can be hillarious.

Sometimes I think, gee, the poor guy sounds really down.

And then I remember. Oh yeah...

They say no man is an island.

But some men...are on an island.

Jesus, when I type it it doesn't seem that funny, but I just burst out laughing when he said it.

Guess it really is the way you tell 'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Still Ill wrote: »
    Still a few episodes behind, but has been some hilarious moments in DOD's pod.
    Was cracking up about his geography and right-wing French oral stories. :pac:

"what about people who don't have jobs?"

"Put them in prison"

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

That McGregor audiobed is one of the best ever so good

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

unplayable wrote: »
    That McGregor audiobed is one of the best ever so good

It's excellent! An instant classic!

I find the lads can be at their best when they are meandering without structure.

"To vice admiral Mark Mellet... Who teh fook is that!!".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Murphs answer to the 'hot hand' question with the example Leo Messi was extremely stupid. It's like he had no understanding of the concept that was just talked about for the past 30min.

Its streak players not the best you idiot

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Beersmith wrote: »
    Murphs answer to the 'hot hand' question with the example Leo Messi was extremely stupid. It's like he had no understanding of the concept that was just talked about for the past 30min.

Its streak players not the best you idiot

He literally followed up the suggestion with “that’s just talent, I don’t think that’s a hot hand necessarily”.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement