Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Tsipras wrote: »
    Has anyone heard any word of a live show from Paris? Cheers

If OTB are charging €22.50 for theirs, I'd be amazed if a shoestring podcast will have an event unless Aer Lingus really throw open the coffers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Ya true enough. Not a huge OTB fan any more and the price is a bit of a rip off but might go to that one anyway

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

US Murph's beloved Warriors are 3-1 down in the Playoffs, which means they have to win 3 in a row to reach the Finals, only 9 teams in history have overturned that deficit, not only did they lose the last two games but they were destroyed in them too, this team was thought to be invincible a short while ago, some turnaround.

He was a bit cocky the last time he talked about them, I imagine his tune has changed since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I find myself absent mindedly saying "Coach" at various pitches, without realising I'm doing it out loud.

Has anyone got a link to this? Had a look on their sound cloud but couldn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

US Murph's beloved Warriors are 3-1 down in the Playoffs, which means they have to win 3 in a row to reach the Finals, only 9 teams in history have overturned that deficit, not only did they lose the last two games but they were destroyed in them too, this team was thought to be invincible a short while ago, some turnaround.

He was a bit cocky the last time he talked about them, I imagine his tune has changed since.
    To be fair they have done incredible stuff this year but pushing for the win record and Currys recent injuries look to have taken their toll. Although everyone underestimated Oklahoma going into the series as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

styron wrote: »
    If OTB are charging €22.50 for theirs, I'd be amazed if a shoestring podcast will have an event unless Aer Lingus really throw open the coffers.

I've just heard the ad for OTB's Euros Roadshows. They don't have a sponsor either, which would explain the 22.50. You would of thought they would be able to get one with Ireland being in the competition, instead of fleecing the punters. It just seems wrong to charge for a roadshow. Although, I think Football Weekly do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Goooooooooooooooooooooooollllllsssssss!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

OTB have a free pre euros show next week in vicar st. Im going to go along and see what its like but haven't listened to them post second captains.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Got a ticket for the Cork show on Monday, really looking forward to it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Goooooooooooooooooooooooollllllsssssss!!!!

Gooouls.

There was a flood of tweets. One tweet. And it flooded in....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭iancairns

Golden State win last night makes it 3-3 in series and Game 7 in Golden State.
    Unreal

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That was some bottle job by OKC, maybe US Murph's tune won't have changed after all, in fact he'll probably be worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Second Captains apparel now in stock!

promo_image_4.jpg

In other news, Simon's transition to oompa-loompa continues apace.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

^^^^^
    That photo is hilarious. Is shouldn't be, but it is :D

The t-shirts are quite pricey at €25 and €35 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Going to their show tomorrow night in Cork, should be fun stuff... Anyone who's been to a recording before - how long do those shows run for?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

^^^^^

I won one from them last year, didn't realise they were so expensive. I'll take better care of mine now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

eh... you think this should come cheap?
    each one has been folded, pressed and nuzzled by Ken Early

bargain at twice the price! :D

I fell a bit behind and only heard the Ben Johnson interview tonight, McDevitt did a fantastic job as usual, was interesting how he said he felt he wasn't cheating cos everyone else was doing the same and he didn't blame his coach for making him take drugs, and time will tell if Bolt is clean.

I'm glad McDevitt got to interview him, would have been wasted on the likes of Tubridy etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

^^^^^

That tan doesn't pay for itself.

• Advertisement

Was at last night's recording in Cork. Great show, interesting to see how the lads operate too throughout the recording.

Paul McGrath was a bit of a shambles though :(

dulpit wrote: »
    Was at last night's recording in Cork. Great show, interesting to see how the lads operate too throughout the recording.

Ye it was a pity to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ye it was a pity to see.

Shane McGowan on the LLS type situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Brian Kerr is such a football man that he refers to the interval at musicals as half-time .

Looks like the Paul McGrath section has been cut from the podcast....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭bren2001

dulpit wrote: »

Was he just hammered? As already said, he isn't in the Podcast.

Its a pity, I saw him in the Axis in Ballymun a while back. He was very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Arghus wrote: »
    Brian Kerr is such a football man that he refers to the interval at musicals as half-time .

Ha, laughed at that too.

I don't think he was drunk or anything, but I can't say that he was overly engaging or coherent... :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Just listened to the Ben Johnson interview from last week. Fascinating stuff. He raised some interesting points about how a doper's punishment lasts for their whole life and carries over into their personal lIves.

I'm reminded of the week the Indian Wells tennis tournament was on this year and my Twitter feed was fill of professional athletes lining up for selfies with Mike Tyson, convicted rapist and on the sex offenders list. And yet they probably wouldn't spit on Lance Armstrong if he was on fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

dulpit wrote:
    I don't think he was drunk or anything, but I can't say that he was overly engaging or coherent...

I seen on Twitter they are releasing his interview as a separate podcast later in the week

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement