Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

batistuta9 wrote: »
    ken's probably banned because he'd be going on about him being a racist :pac:

on a flight to australia would you rather be stuck listening to oisin mc conville or andy lee, tough one

Generally, I find Andy Lee to be grand to listen to. Can't say the same for McConville - the worst accent in Sports Broadcasting!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

Andy Lee definitely. He seems like a top guy to me.

McConville actually seems like a sound chap as well, but he'd be drinking on about GAA too much.

I thought the Jesse Izenberg and Jesse Jackson chats were excellent. Had we heard some of the Izenberg stuff before, or did I imagine that?

Double post. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Did they really have to spend ten minutes talking about 'queergate'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Didn't listen to it as I skip Miguel Delaney, worst football pundit they have on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Debil

I guess they have to fill up the time somehow when there is no football to speak about. I don't imagine the lads are staying up for the Copa America.
    Beersmith wrote: »
    Didn't listen to it as I skip Miguel Delaney, worst football pundit they have on.

He often misses where the lads are trying to lead him when they have him on.

It's a sad day lads.

Coach Stephen Keshi has died.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Reading the OTB thread, seems we got off lightly! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It's a sad day lads.

Coach Stephen Keshi has died.

Coach! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭andrea1983

Dis is not de result he wanted

• Advertisement

Coach was mentioned on the podcast more often than Ali over the past few years. Therefore, I expect an equally moving tribute show from the lads. :(

When I saw the headline today I thought, not coach!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I haven't listened to it yet, but there is a tribute to Stephen Keshi on the Football Podcast today.
    And Oluwashina Okeleji joins us to pay tribute to his friend and interview sparring partner Stephen Keshi, aka the Godfather of Exodus, who died suddenly this week aged 54.

https://soundcloud.com/secondcaptains-it-com/shane-longs-10000-hours-frenchitude-ronaldo-and-rashford-rip-big-boss

Nice tribute to him tbh.

Didn't know he'd lost his wife so recently. Majorly sh*t.

Apparently, there was a bit of trouble around the corner from where Ken was staying last night.

It will be interesting to hear what happened if he was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Arghus wrote: »
    Generally, I find Andy Lee to be grand to listen to. Can't say the same for McConville - the worst accent in Sports Broadcasting!

Lee's OK i suppose but I find him monotonous and a bit uninspiring, really showed when he was along with duddy in that NY show

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Debil wrote: »
    Apparently, there was a bit of trouble around the corner from where Ken was staying last night.

It will be interesting to hear what happened if he was there.

According to Gabriel Marcotti's Twitter there were large hoards of English fans mincing around chanting "Isis, where are you" :D

I'm sure Ken will be able to handle himself on the mean streets of Marseille...his rapier wit and electric pace will get him out of any potential danger

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Haven't listened to yesterday's pod yet. Are they daily from here on in?

Are the rest of them going over or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Think Mon-Fri. Don't think the rest are going but not 100%
    Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Haven't listened to yesterday's pod yet. Are they daily from here on in?

Are the rest of them going over or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

This week's podcasts have reminded me how good the lads are at covering wider issues - the Muhammad Ali show was great, and I really enjoyed the piece about Ramadan in yesterday's show.

• Advertisement

1st daily show up already.

Ken on hooligans.

Does it get much better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Arghus wrote: »
    Ken on hooligans.

Does it get much better?

Yes. Bill Hicks on hooligans:
    http://vk.com/video-53358766_165221610

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The Warriors are 3-1 up the NBA finals, they pretty much have it in the bag, I think I'll skip US Murph's next appearance on the show, I've heard enough about the bloody Splash Brothers to do me for a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

The Warriors are 3-1 up the NBA finals, they pretty much have it in the bag, I think I'll skip US Murph's next appearance on the show, I've heard enough about the bloody Splash Brothers to do me for a lifetime.

Perfectly understandable ...
    US Murph's beloved Warriors are 3-1 down in the Playoffs, which means they have to win 3 in a row to reach the Finals, only 9 teams in history have overturned that deficit, not only did they lose the last two games but they were destroyed in them too, this team was thought to be invincible a short while ago, some turnaround.

He was a bit cocky the last time he talked about them, I imagine his tune has changed since.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Yeah it is understandable, but it's just been Warriors overkill the last few months, I'm bored of hearing about them now, after they seal the deal it'll probably be one chat with Murph and they won't be mentioned for another 9 months and I won't have to give out about them till then!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

Daily is pushing it. Seems like there will be maybe 2, max 3, EURO 2016 podcasts per week. Still great

IanOBo wrote: »
    Daily is pushing it. Seems like there will be maybe 2, max 3, EURO 2016 podcasts per week. Still great

Why d'you reckon that? They said Thursday there'd be a daily Euro podcast Mon-Fri, I see no reason to doubt that given we got one on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Why d'you reckon that? They said Thursday there'd be a daily Euro podcast Mon-Fri, I see no reason to doubt that given we got one on Friday.

Apologies. They should really call it the weekdaily podcast.My misinterpretation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement