Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Also, I wonder if we will hear from US Murph later today??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Also, I wonder if we will hear from US Murph later today??!!
    Prob not till Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Gab Marcotti seems to love getting on Ken's tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Gab Marcotti seems to love getting on Ken's tits.

The only thing that makes me turn off Second Captains. Gabriele Marcotti.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    The only thing that makes me turn off Second Captains. Gabriele Marcotti.

He's not my favourite by any means, but I'd rather listen to Marcotti huff and puff - often literally - for hours on end than sit through more than thirty seconds of Graham Hunter talking up Barcelona in those hushed reverential tones of his that make them sound like a combination of The UN and The Knights of Columbanus.

He's an authority on Spanish football, supposedly. Maybe he is. One thing's for sure: he's definitely a world leader in licking hole and blowing smoke up there too, simultaneously. He's in the wrong field of expertise, if you ask me

He's barely on it anymore, thankfully, but anytime during a Hunter segment when Ken, inevitably, takes the bait and goes after him in attack-dog disagreement I find myself saying, "break him Ken".

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »
    He's not my favourite by any means, but I'd rather listen to Marcotti huff and puff - often literally - for hours on end than sit through more than thirty seconds of Graham Hunter talking up Barcelona in those hushed reverential tones of his that make them sound like a combination of The UN and The Knights of Columbanus.

He's an authority on Spanish football, supposedly. Maybe he is. One thing's for sure: he's definitely a world leader in licking hole and blowing smoke up there too, simultaneously. He's in the wrong field of expertise, if you ask me

He's barely on it anymore, thankfully, but anytime during a Hunter segment when Ken, inevitably, takes the bait and goes after him in attack-dog disagreement I find myself saying, "break him Ken".

Yeah, I'd actually agree with that.

Except the bit at the end, because I literally can't listen long enough to hear the first mention of FC Barcelona. Usually 0.5 seconds into the first sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I know I'm out of touch with current affairs, but I'm a bit taken aback I'd never heard our president was a guy called Michael O'Dea.:eek:

Listened to the Ken-Marcotti bit.

Marcotti seemed to be having one of those days where he was just being a pain about everything. He sounded like a grumpy teenager, I felt for Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

Ken's story about the train back from St Etienne was very good. It's like this tournament's stolen laptop story.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Ken's story about the train back from St Etienne was very good. It's like this tournament's stolen laptop story.

Everyone should tweet at Rafa for calling out Ken 'seat-stealer' Early.

He's the hero we need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

I enjoyed yesterday's Euros podcast mostly because Murph was not constantly interrupting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I was about to comment on how enjoyable that story was...

No love for the report on goals? I thought it was the best one yet!

Yes! Haven't heard it yet, love Ken's Goooooools.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Yes! Haven't heard it yet, love Ken's Goooooools.

It was his first one in character.

Sometimes I think Ken is a legitimate comic genius.

It was his first one in character.

Sometimes I think Ken is a legitimate comic genius.

I agree. He does like a row, the scorpy git, but he's absolutely hilarious. Consistantly. Has been for years.

Just realised over the wkd that I now call Robbie Keane "Robbie Robbie Keano" all the time!

Tomorrow should be good.

Just realised over the wkd that I now call Robbie Keane "Robbie Robbie Keano" all the time!

When it looked like he was about to come on last night I was about to text the lads with Robbie Robbie Keano... :pac:

Tomorrow should be good.

I expect a great, rambling description of how the Irish beating the Italians is akin to some ancient Roman something or other from Ken. I also look forward to some heart-wrenching, spine tingling audio stings from Mark.

Get on it lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The McGeady introduction seemed baffling. Nothing about his season or his tournament had suggested he could make a telling contribution. It was the sort of change that suggested O’Neill had been watching too many sentimental sports movies.
    :)

Brilliant. Is Ken our best sportswriter?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

So many SC podcasts.... just not enough time to listen to them! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What time will it be available?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

:)

Brilliant. Is Ken our best sportswriter?

"If Martin O’Neill really is the kind of guy who believes in miracles, maybe he’s exactly the guy Irish football needs."

*sniff*

Something in my eye.

Out now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Here's the video Murph referenced at the beginning....

https://twitter.com/Carlosophy/status/745734173994909696

I freakin' love it.

Works very well.

God my brain is still a mess from yesterday, can't get anything done.

Works very well.

God my brain is still a mess from yesterday, can't get anything done.

It's a nightmare. I had a slightly embarassing moment earlier in work when I realised i was singing "and we'll really shake them up when we win the world cup..." at full volume in the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

That intro....Ah lads!!

• Advertisement

Yeah that intro was the result of a solid morning's work, you could tell.

I liked Dion Fanning's description about how Martin O' Neill had picked a team designed to remind the Italians that they weren't supposed to care about the game. He's a poor man's Ken as far as I'm concerned, but he hit the nail on the head there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement