Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

WTF??....no mention of Ken getting owned/ignored/bullied by Cerys Matthews??

for shame lads, for shame :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Cartman78 wrote: »
    WTF??....no mention of Ken getting owned/ignored/bullied by Cerys Matthews??

for shame lads, for shame :confused:

"Surely she wouldn't interrupt him again, would she?"

*rolls clip*

:pac:

I have no idea who Cerys Matthews is though... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    "Surely she wouldn't interrupt him again, would she?"

*rolls clip*

:pac:

I have no idea who Cerys Matthews is though... :o

Well, assuming you've used a similar name convention to me, she would have been just approaching her peak around the time you were born :D so we'll give you a pass on not being au fait with the output of Catatonia in the mid 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimmythedivil

Kinda sad that the Euro's podcasts are over. Was great there for a few weeks with Ireland matches and podcasts galore. The premier league is going to seem pretty dull by comparison!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I was hoping for about 95% moth based discussion and 5% on the game rather than the other way around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Kinda sad that the Euro's podcasts are over. Was great there for a few weeks with Ireland matches and podcasts galore. The premier league is going to seem pretty dull by comparison!

Don't worry there's this magic trick that football does - whatever is going on right now is way more interesting than what's already happened. Sure, wasn't it all just leading up to this anyway?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Nice story by Richie on his first meeting with Giles and how he helped him out at the start.

Ken was right in saying the football was crap but there was a lot of great storylines.

Ken's conversation with Miguel Delaney and Johnathan Wilson reminded me of late night chats in pub smoking sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

No football podcast today yet. Are they knocking it on the head for the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

They said at the end of todays general sports one that they would have a football one on Monday (none today)

Is the documentary they were talking about the ESPN 30 for 30 one? They spoke about it alot but didnt really give away much to us scumbags who arent fully up to speed with what the TV world is doing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

gucci wrote: »
    They said at the end of todays general sports one that they would have a football one on Monday (none today)

Is the documentary they were talking about the ESPN 30 for 30 one? They spoke about it alot but didnt really give away much to us scumbags who arent fully up to speed with what the TV world is doing!

Its not part of the 30 for 30 but i think its made by the same team or division in EPEN. Its called Made in America: The OJ simpson story.. think you can stream it direct from ESPN from here

5 episodes, roughly an hour and a half each, well worth a watch.

Edit:- scratch that, its only a teaser, I downloaded it in the usual places you would find such stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've said it before and I'll say it again that Mark should be on the podcast more. Not at the expense of Eoin but I really like him.

I mean Kenz Friendz is actually brilliant too.

https://twitter.com/kenearlys/status/754071220186968065

From Ken's twitter feed. I had idly wondered about Richie's 'personal life' as he never mentions a signficant other in these yarns about his dog etc. I think this picture might hint at the real story...

https://twitter.com/kenearlys/status/754071220186968065

From Ken's twitter feed. I had idly wondered about Richie's 'personal life' as he never mentions a signficant other in these yarns about his dog etc. I think this picture might hint at the real story...

He's married. He's mentioned it a few times here and there over the years.

Edit: Excuse me I thought you were talking about Ken. My mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭bren2001

Arghus wrote: »
    He's married. He's mentioned it a few times here and there over the years.

A while ago on the Podcast he was talking about the night of the Bosnia game (I think), he was saying his girlfriend of the time was caught in the middle east with a bomb threat and he spent most of the match on the phone to her. Doubt he'd be talking about his mistress publically.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

No ring.

Beds2.jpg

No ring.

Beds2.jpg

All I can make out in that photo is ORANGE.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

All I can make out in that photo is ORANGE.

Is Simon that orange? Or have they added it for effect?

dulpit wrote: »
    Is Simon that orange? Or have they added it for effect?

Indeed he is, here's another picture of him:

OompaLoompas.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

I haven't listened to today's pods, I'm just here to register my disappointment at the fact that the phrase "Leicester Act 2: Back in the Habit" wasn't used in the title of the football show.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Enjoyed the GAA coverage, was surprised at how much Ken got involved in it, thought he'd remain quiet and leave it to Murph, he has some interesting thoughts on sports that he wouldn't be the most knowledgeable on, he asked the lads some interesting questions on the current state of the Gaelic Football.

His quoting of that Dublin fan was funny "It was just annoying the way they gave up so easily"

Hope Big Sam gets the England job, we'll be guaranteed some comedy gold from Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I haven't been able to listen to full shows over the past few weeks, but I've definitely noticed a lack of US Murph - has he been on since the NBA finals?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Yep. He's been on twice since the Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

dulpit wrote: »
    I haven't been able to listen to full shows over the past few weeks, but I've definitely noticed a lack of US Murph - has he been on since the NBA finals?

Probably the quietest time of the year in US sports to be fair. NBA and NHL finals were a few weeks ago. NFL doesn't start until the beginning of September. Really only baseball on the go at the moment. Well that and some golf I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Really enjoyed Dion Fanning's contribution on the football podcast while Ken's away. Shame he writes for Joe.ie or I'd probably check out more of his work. ;)

That_Guy wrote: »
    Really enjoyed Dion Fanning's contribution on the football podcast while Ken's away. Shame he writes for Joe.ie or I'd probably check out more of his work. ;)

Does anyone know why he now works for Sportsjoe.ie? Surely it must be a hit for the ego to go there from the Sunday Independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Does anyone know why he now works for Sportsjoe.ie? Surely it must be a hit for the ego to go there from the Sunday Independent.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

He was on OTB just after it was announced and Joe Molloy did ask him in a "wtf are you doing" kind of way. He got fairly defensive and didn't really answer the question.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sportsjoe.ie? Can't see it being an extremely lucrative or prestigious position relative to where he was previously employed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭bren2001

Sportsjoe.ie? Can't see it being an extremely lucrative or prestigious position relative to where he was previously employed.

If its not prestigious (which it clearly isn't) the only alternative is money. I'd say chief sports writer is on decent cash there. They get a lot of clicks a day = $$$

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement