Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing a Masters

Options
  • 02-05-2013 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have heard that if someone fails a Masters course, they are not permitted to undertake a second Masters for a period of 5 years? Is that correct can anyone confirm.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

sounds like non-sense to me. I'm in an MA and while I don't plan on failing, I also believe this is not true. No college would ever turn down the money to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭38Flowers

Doesn't make any sense...can't be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

How would anyone know?

Universities dont trawl through every other worldwide university checking on your academic status. They may check up on supporting information that you provide - but thats it.

Even if you told them about it - what difference would it make? There are many reasons for failing, you could have had a nasty illness that left you unable to continue for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Never heard of a rule like that. There may be some internal school rule about taking a masters in the same dept. or something once you've already failed one but I've never seen it written down.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

El Spearo wrote: »
    sounds like non-sense to me. I'm in an MA and while I don't plan on failing, I also believe this is not true. No college would ever turn down the money to be honest.

Ha, yeah I agree with this. I've come to realise in my time doing an MSc that all my college cares about is getting bums on seats.

• Advertisement
Advertisement