Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 305 Quick release kit.

Options
  • 02-05-2013 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Do you own one or have you used one,..... do they work? I have heard reports of the unit itself being ejected from the bike mount when riding on rough terrain. Has this been a widely reported problem to Garmin or has there just been one or two very unlucky individuals?

Also, I see the wrist strap comes as a fabric band rather than a plastic band like that comes of standard with the 310XT quick release kit. I maybe very wrong, but I an imagine the fabric becoming very irritating on the skin when sweat begins to accumulate in comparison with the plastic band??

Is there any way of using the kit to mount the unit to the stem rather than the handebars (I have limited space on the handlebars as it is) without the unit sitting sideways?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I had one of these and loved it. That was until 2 hours in to a spin the unit popped off. I was going around a roundabout at the time. By the time I got back to it it had been run over by a car and was in bits :( I'm not sure if I had not secured it properly but the fact it stayed on for the first couple of hours has me thinking not.

Fabric never bothered me when sweating.

If you do fit it to the bars fit it on the LHS so that if it pops off it might go towards the side of the road rather than towards the centre of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Boardcore

I have one fitted and have had no problems.
    Mounted between the tri-bars on a botched corregated rubber pipe - this may act as suspension to stop it being ejected.
    The velcro strap can be annoying, but more for the stiffness and shape of the cuff, if i was only running i would change back to the original strap(30 sec job).

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

Cable ties, fix it to the bike stem. Simples!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

pgibbo wrote: »
    I had one of these and loved it. That was until 2 hours in to a spin the unit popped off. I was going around a roundabout at the time. By the time I got back to it it had been run over by a car and was in bits :( I'm not sure if I had not secured it properly but the fact it stayed on for the first couple of hours has me thinking not.

Fabric never bothered me when sweating.

If you do fit it to the bars fit it on the LHS so that if it pops off it might go towards the side of the road rather than towards the centre of the road.

This is what I am afraid of... ummm, for the sake of 15 quids im gonna give it a whirl and see wot its like.. Hopefully it wont cost me my watch in the process... ill soon find out..

Advertisement