Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cube Peloton vrs Specialized Allez Sport

Options
  • 02-05-2013 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello there,

I can't decide between these two bikes. I slightly prefer the look of the Cube, but the specialized seems to be more popular and receiving better reviews. My local shop can source the specialized faster for me aswell as they have to order a 62cm or 64cm in. ( I'm 6 foot 5)

I'd appreciate a bit of advice on this one. I'm new to cycling and can't decide.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭doozer16

I'm also new to the game, got a 2012 Peloton last week,

http://www.tweekscycles.com/bikes/road-bikes/cube-peloton-pro-road-bike-2012

I Love it. Looks better than the Specialized in my opinion but that's a personal choice. I got the 2012 model for 950 which has a Tiagra groupset on it, if you are getting a 2013 model it will probably only have Sora for the same price or higher so watch out for what you are getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭elnino23

I got the cube peleton as well about 3 months ago and I love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

I have the cube peloton and it is a great bike, very comfortable and overall very durable, i would recommend it for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JohnJ87

I read a cycling magazine called cycling plus on a regular basis and the Cube Peleton always gets good reviews on it, better then any Specailized of the same price bracket usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 patsyodonoghue

Thanks everyone.

Good to hear that the Peloton is a safe bet. The shop will have a 64cm 2013 Peloton in for me in two weeks time. I hope its worth the wait..

Doozer16 your bike loves fantastic. Unfortunately I'll have to buy new because I'm lanky. I'll have to settle for Sora.

Is there anybody out there with a Specialized Allez Sport who wants to add their two cents?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

Hello there,

I can't decide between these two bikes. I slightly prefer the look of the Cube, but the specialized seems to be more popular and receiving better reviews. My local shop can source the specialized faster for me aswell as they have to order a 62cm or 64cm in. ( I'm 6 foot 5)

I'd appreciate a bit of advice on this one. I'm new to cycling and can't decide.

Thanks.

I've nothing bad to say about specialized. No input on the cube. However, personally, I think you can possibly go down as far as a 60 cm, even 59. I'm 6'4" and found the 62 allez a tad too stretched out. I ride a 62 iro single speed, but just got a 57 (believe it or not!) rose, and its perfect.

In short: be open to different frame sizes

• Registered Users Posts: 3 patsyodonoghue

That's crazy how sizes can vary. The owner of the shop has measured me up and insists on a 64cm. He knows what he's talking about, so I'll trust in him. A 64cm Cube is supposed to only be a 61cm? I don't know why 64cm isn't just 64cm!

That's crazy how sizes can vary. The owner of the shop has measured me up and insists on a 64cm. He knows what he's talking about, so I'll trust in him. A 64cm Cube is supposed to only be a 61cm? I don't know why 64cm isn't just 64cm!

Yeah, it's wicked annoying. Basically, IMO, and I am just a joe soap, it's the top tube length, or maybe reach/stand over that counts.

My rose is way more horizontal on the top tube thn the allez. It's not really a big deal usually, but I opened the rose 61, and I'm tellin ya, I could barely put me leg over it. .....there's a excell thing that compares rake etc, might have been on here, I'll try and post it when I'm back on the computer.....

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

doozer16 wrote: »
    I'm also new to the game, got a 2012 Peloton last week,

http://www.tweekscycles.com/bikes/road-bikes/cube-peloton-pro-road-bike-2012

I Love it. Looks better than the Specialized in my opinion but that's a personal choice. I got the 2012 model for 950 which has a Tiagra groupset on it, if you are getting a 2013 model it will probably only have Sora for the same price or higher so watch out for what you are getting.

Did you buy this bike from that site...looks nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭doozer16

No Slookie, local store.

• Advertisement

maybe a bit too detailed, but you might like this thing

http://gearinches.com/blog/misc/bike-geometry-comparator

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭elnino23

I was a smaller frame size in every other make of bike but had to go bigger on the cube so I'd say the bike shop guy is right I was 54 on every other bike but 56 on the cube. Enjoy!

Advertisement