Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CL 2013-14

• 02-05-2013 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

The Draw is just over a month and a half away. Although it says its subject to change the DFB have never got it wrong in all my years waiting for that blessed draw and the start of the "travels".

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/calendar2013.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Its gonna be weird hoping an Irish team does well in the Champions League qualifiers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Its in the balance at the moment if Sligo will be seeded or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Doesn't look like we will be.

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=4FE4712A1E3EA4FA!125&app=Excel&authkey=!AAb2C_o0FkXQ7Ng

Only team I could see us beating is Ekranas, the team Shams lost to last season. They were average at best from the game out there that Setanta showed.

If we don't get Ekranas, I'd like a trip to Poland or Norway. Who knows against Molde, they have had a shocking start and lost some of their decent players over the winter.

Actually, you are right Sligo wont be seeded. Funnily enough I was in Panevezys for a CL match against Ekranas when Cork City played there. They were quite good at home but when they were put under any sort of pressure they caved in (this was quite a while ago though). Ekranas just means Light.

I even have a Panevezys scarf. Panevezys is a bit of a dump. If you go check out the bar in the Hotel Romantica.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Oat23 wrote: »
    Doesn't look like we will be.

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=4FE4712A1E3EA4FA!125&app=Excel&authkey=!AAb2C_o0FkXQ7Ng

Only team I could see us beating is Ekranas, the team Shams lost to last season. They were average at best from the game out there that Setanta showed.

If we don't get Ekranas, I'd like a trip to Poland or Norway. Who knows against Molde, they have had a shocking start and lost some of their decent players over the winter.

But your **** in Europe?

Not expecting anyone else to get past 1 round. Hope im wrong...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

dreamers75 wrote: »
    But your **** in Europe?

Not expecting anyone else to get past 1 round. Hope im wrong...

Pats always win a few rounds in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

CSF wrote: »
    Its gonna be weird hoping an Irish team does well in the Champions League qualifiers

why weird?

probably get celtic.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Celtic v Sligo would be great.

Lennonist wrote: »
    Celtic v Sligo would be great.

It would be Irish clubs have a very good record against Scottish clubs recently.

few tricky ties in there celtic being one of them, but on the day and all that.....
    after all these are the kind of teams that our teams have to beat to get into the groups and raise the rankings

• Advertisement

But your **** in Europe?

No you are :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

CSF wrote: »
    When Shels qualify? :pac:

It would be Irish clubs have a very good record against Scottish clubs recently.

It would be a great event if it happened. It would be like a local derby of sorts if you were to take Pat Bonner's adage that Celtic are a Donegal club in disguise, although some in Sligo might dispute that;).

I'd dispute the fact that it would be any sort of derby.

Anyone but Celtic or the Israeli team is fine by me. Glasgow would be a sh*te trip and we'd lose the tie. Plus, seeing so many locals supporting the away team would make me puke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Make a fortune out of the game, but would likely be held in Aviva to cater for all the home fans.

Oat23 wrote: »
    I'd dispute the fact that it would be any sort of derby.

Anyone but Celtic or the Israeli team is fine by me. Glasgow would be a sh*te trip and we'd lose the tie. Plus, seeing so many locals supporting the away team would make me puke.

Ah you'll get over it.

Make a fortune out of the game, but would likely be held in Aviva to cater for all the home fans.

Not at all, it would be in the Showgrounds if it happens, which I hope - and I'm sure most people in Sligo - hopes it will.

home fans? dont you mean "home fans".

didnt your gang have celtic over a few years back, came fairly close too if memory serves me. i was over in prenton pk at the same time in heaven being 3 nil up on the huns and then hell losing 5-3 in the end.

Advertisement