Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

facials

• 02-05-2013 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭

Are they really beneficial or do they just feel good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 xxkazxx

Are they really beneficial or do they just feel good?

Both! Facials are only going to be beneficial if your gonna follow the aftercare at home. They're also a good way to find out about your skin type and what products you should/shouldn't be using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I think they are very good depending on where you go. I wouldn't be into the spa type facials where the emphasis is on massage, Guinot Hyrdadermie facials are great as are Yonka and have read good things about CACI facials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

I think a facial is amazing but only if there's lots of facial massage, twenty mins or more..

Useless otherwise.

I LOVE facial massage and you should see effects long after the day you get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

xxkazxx wrote: »
    Both! Facials are only going to be beneficial if your gonna follow the aftercare at home. They're also a good way to find out about your skin type and what products you should/shouldn't be using.

Always wondered this myself! Do they actually tell you what you need to do with your skin, as in daily routine?

Ive never had one, but i have been thinkin of trying it.
    How regular would or should you have one?

xxkazxx wrote: »

Except the products you should be using always happen to be the ones they flog in that particular salon. 7

You can get good advice, but advice on products specifically never seems to be brand impartial. Commission and impartiality never mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I had a few where the beautician left the room for ages during the process and I think thats a bit of a cop out...i now get the Dermalogica age Smart one and she is in the room most of the time which i think should be the way concidering the price...Its a bit ridiculous to be left lying there when you can hear her dealing with other customers outside while you are paying for an hours treatment.. I changed salons because of this..I dont mind being left there for 5mins while a product is working but at the old salon i was often left for 20mins and sometimes thought she had completely forgotten about me:)
    Saying that I have to say I love a facial now and again where its mainly face work and just a little time spent on massage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I attend regularly for facials and really do find they make a difference to my skin. The one thing I did find when going for facials I had to try a number of different places had brands that did not suit me. Also they are no good if you do not have a skin care routine at home.

I was lucky that the place I used to attend did not retail facial products so I was given good impartial advice on what to use at home. However this place has closed an I am finding it hard to find a salon where as Colser said that the Beautician does not leave you on your own while your mask is on.

I am actually thinking of using a hotel spa rather than a beautician.

Advertisement