Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying camcorder in Waterford

Options
  • 02-05-2013 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I am looking to buy a HD digital camcorder for in and around €300-400 price range.. over the past few days i have been comparing models online and doing a little research, then i decided to go see whats in the shops in the hope of buying local. But i am having trouble finding a shop with a decent range of models or staff that are trained in the features and comparisons. Today i was in the Sony shop down by woodies and they only had 2 camera's both which are older models, yesterday i went to harvey normans and they only had 3 or 4 down there, PC world had an ok range but the prices were way off what you can get online on Irish sites...

I am wondering if there is anywhere with a good range or staff that are camera geeks? Sherwoods used to have decent stock from what i remember, so i am just looking to see does anyone know of any decent camera shops that stock HD digital camcorders?

Thanks all

H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moans3536

Sam Macauley's chemist in town have a good stock of cameras and camcorders ,the lads in the photo shop part seam to know their stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Galia

Heathen wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I am looking to buy a HD digital camcorder for in and around €300-400 price range.. over the past few days i have been comparing models online and doing a little research, then i decided to go see whats in the shops in the hope of buying local. But i am having trouble finding a shop with a decent range of models or staff that are trained in the features and comparisons. Today i was in the Sony shop down by woodies and they only had 2 camera's both which are older models, yesterday i went to harvey normans and they only had 3 or 4 down there, PC world had an ok range but the prices were way off what you can get online on Irish sites...

I am wondering if there is anywhere with a good range or staff that are camera geeks? Sherwoods used to have decent stock from what i remember, so i am just looking to see does anyone know of any decent camera shops that stock HD digital camcorders?

Thanks all

H

Sherwoods are still in kilkenny and clonmel and carlow if you still wanted to pop in there also they have a website at sherwoods.ie so you can have it delivered to your door.

http://www.sherwoods.ie/productlist/camcorders/camcorders.html

Also did you try D.I.D or electrocity (Kelly & Dollard)? They are still in Waterford .
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Cheers guys, never thought of Macauley's i forgot they do cameras...

And how stupid am i... I live about 2 mins from DID and never thought of it haha

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

What about Hennebry's Camera Shop on the Quay? That's as local as you can get. Prices are a bit more expensive but haggle a bit.

What about Hennebry's Camera Shop on the Quay? That's as local as you can get. Prices are a bit more expensive but haggle a bit.

Cool I'll give them a shot too :)

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

GZ-HD520BEUM High Definition Camcorder

I got this, incredible machine.

It is HD, HDD so you can save around 14 hrs on the camera and then later t/f it to DVD or another HD

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sony Centre Kilkenny

<snip>

If you represent a commercial entity then you will need to obtain a verified account. Please contact reps@boards.ie to proceed.

<snip>

If you represent a commercial entity then you will need to obtain a verified account. Please contact reps@boards.ie to proceed.

Thanks anyway Robert, i actually picked up a Sony HDR CX220 last week, i am very very happy with it!! Very easy to use, fast to record and looks amazing at full 1080p!!

delighted!

Cheers

H

Advertisement