Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The root of most of our crime:

• 02-05-2013 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

The amount of crime in Ireland has steadily increased over the past years and has never shown a decline. Both hard core prison sentences and ruling with an iron fist along with pansy rehabilitation crap never seem to have worked in Ireland. These criminals fear no justice. Where do you think the majority of our crime comes from? if you look at the likes of the Netherlands or Spain most of the crime comes from tourists being pick pocketed, usually by Moroccans (if this is racist, against the rules etc, you can snip that part mods).

But, in Ireland the level of remorseless crime has soared and shows no sign of declining. I'd say if the IRA were eliminated and heroin and cocaine (and other hard drugs) were completely eliminate from Ireland, we would see only 5% of the crime rates we see now. (only an estimation, no stats to back up that claim)

What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

The amount of crime in Ireland has steadily increased over the past years and has never shown a decline. Both hard core prison sentences and ruling with an iron fist along with pansy rehabilitation crap never seem to have worked in Ireland. These criminals fear no justice. Where do you think the majority of our crime comes from? if you look at the likes of the Netherlands or Spain most of the crime comes from tourists being pick pocketed, usually by Moroccans (if this is racist, against the rules etc, you can snip that part mods).

But, in Ireland the level of remorseless crime has soared and shows no sign of declining. I'd say if the IRA were eliminated and heroin and cocaine (and other hard drugs) were completely eliminate from Ireland, we would see only 5% of the crime rates we see now. (only an estimation, no stats to back up that claim)

What do you think?

stupid post is stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Mad as a bag of cats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Aw. No poll :(

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mirekb

I'm a single mother to a half Moroccan son:eek::D (really!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Is Guinness monitoring these threads or wha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

There'll always be petty crime in society. I suppose since the drug trade took off in the 70s crime has become more organised in Ireland. Anybody can be drawn into crime regardless of their socio economic background, it's the lure of money the easy route a short cut to success. Even if you removed drugs from the equation they still have means of making money, Racketeering etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Is Guinness monitoring these threads or wha?

Sponsoring I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Have you anything to back any of this up with? Any figures? Reports? Statistics? Anything at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I'd say if the IRA were eliminated and heroin and cocaine (and other hard drugs) were completely eliminate from Ireland, we would see only 5% of the crime rates we see now. (only an estimation, no stats to back up that claim)

What do you think?
    Craig Doyle should be eliminated first! His career is the real crime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Play To Kill

At a guess I'd say its the criminals that are the root cause of crime, those who aren't criminals don't seem to be involved in crime but I could be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Where do you think the majority of our crime comes from?

Crime rises during economic downturn shocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I blame Enda Kenny

No particular reason, I just blame him for everything, seems to be the done thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Senna wrote: »
    I blame Enda Kenny

No particular reason, I just blame him for everything, seems to be the done thing.
    Well he was the mastermind behind 9/11, Jimmy Savile and the Boer War!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Crime!!!!!! What crime? There's no crime in Ireland.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

People who made bad decisions in life I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

What do you think?

Instead of completely eliminating them how about we legalise them and get
    the tax instead of the criminals, just because something is legal doesn't
    mean everybody will partake in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The GRA figures released last week (not without controversy, albeit) show that Gardaí here are actually quite good at policing serious crime.

If you want to refer to it in broad strokes, as you have with other countries, then our most blatant problem is dealing with drugs as a whole. There's no fear of recourse from those involved because the law isn't strict enough and Gardaí aren't given the resources to even begin to tackle the day-to-day minefield adequately. So scummy thugs are allowed to deal freely in relative peace, which then gives rise to crime in other areas. Go to the courts for a day if you want to see why this is allowed to happen: you'll hear a plethora of sob stories from people who've made bad decisions in their lives and can't account for them (and why would they? The law would punish them for doing so and reward them for talking about how hard they have it). It's as simple as that, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

orestes wrote: »
    Have you anything to back any of this up with? Any figures? Reports? Statistics? Anything at all?

I think he may have a feeling, will that do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Crime rises during economic downturn shocker.

Hasn't crime decreased since the downturn?

And crime definitely increased during the Celtic Tiger. There's way more crime nowadays than decades ago.

And crime definitely increased during the Celtic Tiger. There's way more crime nowadays than decades ago.

And the summers are worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Moroccans in the IRA ?

What ?

I feel a bit stupider after reading this.
    Vote BNP !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

For the 19th time, just do away with a cash society, and 90% of crime and drug problems will disappear, its not rocket science.

If you do away with the IRA,where will I source my beloved horsey burgers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Depends on the type of crime. Burglary and that sort tend to increase in times of economic depression (http://www.cso.ie/en/statistics/crimeandjustice/) but crimes associated with partying and excess tend to act in the reverse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

What do you think?

I think we need a new Super Hero called Chemical Burn Man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭policarp

No one is afraid of going to hell anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Where has The_Citizen gone to?

Must be early 2012 since he's been around boards. Maybe even 2011

Country has gone to hell!

For the 19th time, just do away with a cash society, and 90% of crime and drug problems will disappear, its not rocket science.

How do I pay the lad down the road for mowing the lawn?

• Site Banned Posts: 124 ✭✭The Queen of England

leggo wrote: »
    The GRA figures released last week (not without controversy, albeit) show that Gardaí here are actually quite good at policing serious crime.

The Garda Representative Association says that the Garda are great.

LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

The Garda Representative Association says that the Garda are great.
    LOL.

They also said that murders went up like ... 10000% ... since the Sky Sports package was removed from Gardaí stations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Wanna buy some crack OP?? You may be slightly more tolerable in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

kneemos wrote: »

How do I pay the lad down the road for mowing the lawn?

Do it yourself ya lazy git!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Female skangers breed with male skangers and spawn the next generation of thieves, murderers and junkies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

An unquestioning welfare state.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

What do you think?

I think they way we punish criminals is the reason we have such a crime rate and rate of recidivism. I think that if we spent the cost of housing prisoners on educating them then we would make some headway. I would like to see the introduction of a form of sentencing like the following. Instead of a sentence of say a year (which costs the state quite a bit if anyone knows the number please tell me) we should invest that money into forcing criminals to undergo a compulsory education. And if they ultimately fail to pass this education then they get their sentence of course. This would for criminals like your run of the mill scumbags and junkies not hardened rapists/murderers/etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

What do you think?

Overall crime is actually falling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

OP do you keep changing your avatar so we don't realise it's the same person starting all of these threads? If so it's not working..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Has anybody ever read Freakonomics? Is abortion the answer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

If you do away with the IRA,where will I source my beloved horsey burgers?

Sssh. Nobody mention Bitcoin.

I think, like, if crime were eliminated, there would totally be less crime

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

mirekb wrote: »
    I'm a single mother to a half Moroccan son:eek::D (really!)
    Which half ?

Yeah it's that sort of nonsense thread

• Advertisement

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    Has anybody ever read Freakonomics? Is abortion the answer?

The thread needs more crazy plans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Bogota

Sergeant wrote: »
    An unquestioning welfare state.

yay lets do away with welfare!! All those African and South American countries with little social welfare have such little crime while those countries with the highest social welfare such as Sweden and Canada have spiraling crime problems

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

If we legalised crime then it would all be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭valerossi

Oh no i think the moderator is asleep because this conversation was allowed to start. quick don't mention the travellers, OH NO TO LATE:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I think there would be a lot more crime if the IRA hadn't been around. As brutal as they were they maintained some order in organised crime in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Maybe we have so much crime because we criminalise absurd things like garlic importation and blasphemy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

crime

the price of drink

the cost living

the dail

nama

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Too many people thinking they're from Compton walking around with tank tops and their pitbull type dogs thinking they're hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

What do you think?

How about legalizing them in a pharmaceutical context so as gangs and criminals don't have a monopoly on the drugs trade? If drugs were available OTC at a cheaper price and a safer context than from back alleys, 90% of crime lords would be out of business tomorrow morning and the entire gang infrastructure would utterly collapse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Peetrik wrote: »
    Maybe we have so much crime because we criminalise absurd things like garlic importation and blasphemy

How many convictions?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement