Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music festivals 2013 - who's going to what???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭simonsays1

Life, Body and Soul, Rototom!! Back for the picnic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rock chic

wish there was some decent rock festivals in Ireland like download oxegyn is total crap this year the worst line up ever :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shoegazing

A busy summer ahead...

Open'er in Poland, BBK in Spain, Indiependence and Electric Picnic.

Also Smashing Pumpkins, The National, XX and Tame Impala to look forward to.

I'll spend the next two years paying for this summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TheOrangeTale

Rorry Galagher, starts next thursday i think. 40 euro for camping ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TheOrangeTale

rock chic wrote: »
    wish there was some decent rock festivals in Ireland like download oxegyn is total crap this year the worst line up ever :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rock chic

lol if only

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Rock Werchter for Rammstein, Blur, Depeche Mode, Sigur Ros, Biffy Clyro, John Legend, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Stereophonics and whoever else I happen to watch

Pretty decent lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭sporina

oh and spiritualised too in the NCH.

Still not sure about EP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Rory Gallagher Festival
    Die Antwoord
    Glastonbury
    Blur
    Bruce Springsteen
    Longitude (Sunday)
    EP
    Soundgarden
    Roger Waters
    Fleetwood Mac

Al this wasn't planned it just sort of happened!!! Hope I'll have enough days off work to go to them all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Download
    Body & soul
    Castlepalooza
    Pukkelpop
    And probably electric picnic when i get festival withdrawal ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Ben Moore

Heading to Groove Festival in July, looks like a bit of fun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 breenbry

rock chic wrote: »

Lots of decent Rock Festivals in Ireland this year. Check out this list http://www.festivaltips.net/summer-of-irish-music-festivals/

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was at Forbidden Fruit. Paddy Casey, Parkway Drive and Indiependence are on my near future list. Everything Everything in the pipeline, as are Evile but they're ages away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 veryniceme

LINEUP: Paul McCartney, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, Phoenix, Kaskade, Pretty Lights, Vampire Weekend, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, D'Angelo, The National, Jurassic 5, Willie Nelson & Family and many more! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUBzjL2XN9Q Enjoy the videoclip Around The Block from Pretty Lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Westport Music Festival
    Bruce Springsteen in Limerick
    Rock & Blues Oldschool Weekender (Derby, UK)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Indiependence, Liss Ard and Pukkelpop so far

Adding Dour to this now too,

Off in 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

muse in manchester last june bank holiday
    ibiza rocks for beady eye in july
    benicassim in july
    blur in august

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Just Oxegen and Electric Picnic for me, might try and get over to the Isle of Man festival though if there's cheap flights going!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

SV wrote: »
    Just Oxegen and Electric Picnic for me, might try and get over to the Isle of Man festival though if there's cheap flights going!

This festival was cancelled earlier this week due to poor ticket sales!!

http://www.digitalspy.ie/music/news/a493679/isle-of-man-festival-cancelled-due-to-poor-ticket-sales.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

This festival was cancelled earlier this week due to poor ticket sales!!

http://www.digitalspy.ie/music/news/a493679/isle-of-man-festival-cancelled-due-to-poor-ticket-sales.html

:(

Well that's unfortunate but thanks for the info!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Coles

Great set up Knockanstockan, but the music was simply awful. Particularly on the Saturday night. :mad:

I know the festival has a policy of promoting acts that haven't been signed to labels, but by definition that pretty much excludes everything that people might want to listen to.

Time for a couple of decent acts who deserve to get paid for their talent, and less free sludge from the bottom of the barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Coles wrote: »
    Great set up Knockanstockan, but the music was simply awful. Particularly on the Saturday night. :mad:

I know the festival has a policy of promoting acts that haven't been signed to labels, but by definition that pretty much excludes everything that people might want to listen to.

Time for a couple of decent acts who deserve to get paid for their talent, and less free sludge from the bottom of the barrel.

What bands in particular were awful? Just curious....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

going to slamdunk festival, die antwoord, mc lars, streetlight manidesto and whatever comes up in between.
    working glasto, electric picnic, leeds, latitude, oxegen.

emotionally and physically broken so far, offered some work at some others now... don't know if body can handle it. anyone else work festivals here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Coles

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    What bands in particular were awful? Just curious....
    The one that played on the stage near the Faerie Field at about 11PM? No idea what they were called. One guy had a pair of tights on his head that were attached to a piece of the rigging...? There was a large crowd when they started and only a handful of people when they finally gave up. Last year that area was way more entertaining. ;)

And then there was the band on the large timber stage with the prairie wagon beside it. They were on stage at about midnight and spent about an hour tuning their instruments and standing there before the crowd abandoned them too.

Don't get me wrong! I love KnockanStockan, the ethos of it, the volunteers, the attention to detail, the art, everything! and I've been there 4 times now, but I seriously think there is scope to have a couple of decent (paid?) headline acts and a couple of competent DJs to end the nights.

Anyhoo. That's my rant over. KnockanStockan is still the best festival in the country by a mile, but don't tell anyone else.

Advertisement