Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Compaq Presario Cq60

Options
  • 02-05-2013 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

I was trying to do a system restore on a friends Hp Compaq Presario Cq60 laptop. The operating system is Win 7.

The laptop was working fine until I started messing around with f10 f9 buttons etc. TBH I don't know whether I changed any settings or anything but the laptop just switched off when I turned it back on it went on for about 10 secs and just knocked off its still only going on for 10 secs and wont start up again:confused::confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Pull out power plug and battery. Press the power button for several seconds with both battery and power still unplugged. Plug in the computer (without battery in) and see if it boots. It could also be overheating, motherboard failure causing it

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Fixed!

How can I perform a system restore? I want to restore the laptop back to the day I bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

i have a hp pc,windows 7
    reboot ,press f11,before windows loads should bring up a restore

menu.
    I presume its the same on a hp laptop.

restore ,deletes all user,data,music, pics etc formats drive c.
    Reinstalls windows 7 .
    http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/138490-performing-system-recovery-hp.html

you should be also be able to make recovery cds ,which does the same thing ,

These make a backup of windows 7,and the hp driver files,
    which can be used to reinstall win7 on that laptop .

from Start ,programs, hp, recovery centre,

Advertisement