Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AIK's Goalkeeper dies suddenly

• 02-05-2013 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/02/aik-ivan-turina-goalkeeper-dead
    Swedish football club AIK's Croatian goalkeeper Ivan Turina has been found dead in his northern Stockholm apartment, according to local media reports on Thursday.

"I can confirm that Ivan Turina is dead but there are no suspicions of crime," police spokesman Patrik Nuss was quoted as saying.

Police said they were called to Turina's apartment early on Thursday morning. The 32-year-old Croatian signed for AIK in 2010 and played 65 league games for the Solna club. He is survived by his wife and two daughters.

Never good to hear sof something like that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

When he signed for them three years ago he informed them he had a congenital heart problem but I assume nobody expected this would happen.

Very sad

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/european/2013/0502/390103-aik-turina/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Sad to hear news like that. R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Awful news. RIP

R.I.P. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

When he signed for them three years ago he informed them he had a congenital heart problem but I assume nobody expected this would happen.

Yeah when he did the club medical they said he was AOK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Rekop dog wrote: »

A man with young children is dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

dan1895 wrote: »
    A man with young children is dead.

Ah save your faux outrage for somewhere else. I highly doubt his family are concerned with a pun made on boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Felexicon wrote: »
    Ah save your faux outrage for somewhere else. I highly doubt his family are concerned with a pun made on boards.ie

Not really his family should be concerned, more someone himself. But yes 'faux outrage' and all that is terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

All this faux outrage about being outraged is outrageous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Lets all act like d1ckheads because we are on the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Felexicon wrote: »

I'm not outraged but that was a poor joke. Hopefully though you will be at my funeral to crack a few jokes, ****ing hate them funerals where everybody is really upset. Do some fart jokes, promise me?

Rekop dog wrote: »

I don't get your point with 'AOK'...as in 'all okay' or the German insurance company? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

noodler wrote: »
    Lets all act like d1ckheads because we are on the internet.
    Oh, someone who I never heard of has died, I better RIP that **** on facebook an boards. :rolleyes:

Augmerson wrote: »
    I'm not outraged but that was a poor joke. Hopefully though you will be at my funeral to crack a few jokes, ****ing hate them funerals where everybody is really upset. Do some fart jokes, promise me?
    I'll probably just make some joke about it being the first time you've got your hole as the coffin is lowered

Oh, someone who I never heard of has died, I better RIP that **** on facebook an boards. :rolleyes:

So it's fine to poke fun just because you never heard of him. Cool story bro.

Who mentioned facebook??

Corholio wrote: »

Who mentioned facebook??
    He hardly poked fun at it now did he. Do you really get this offended by a random persons little pun on teh internetz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Oh, so I should be writing up RIP on the interweb, noted, and where did I poke fun?
    Who mentioned facebook??
    I mentioned facebook

Oh, so I should be writing up RIP on the interweb, noted, and where did I poke fun?

I mentioned facebook

I never said you poked fun, you just acknowledged it. I also never said you should post R.I.P. Simply an opinion on your opinion of the joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

....and we're done here, taking the piss over a guy whos left a family behind is fairly pathetic IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement