Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk - Talk of the Town

Options
  • 02-05-2013 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I see Dundalk has got a new competitor to the Argus....www.talkofthetown.ie, let's hope they keep it fresh and entertaining and not just be a fad.

Check out some of the 'insta'Dundalk photos that they use.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This is your website, isn't it? :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

who said dundalk was a one horse town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That's the greatest load of rubbish I have seen in a long time. The writers don't even have the basics of English grammar e.g. Aisling Duffy reports she seen a pregnant woman buying cider in town. Sweet Lord!

That's not a newspaper, it's not even a rag; it's just a very poor quality blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Reminds me. I saw a lass pushing a buggy last week down near bachelor's walk and a can of scrumpy in the cup holder! I'd give Aisling a run for her money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Max1.2

It's actually not a bad website to pass the time, reminds me of the www.broadsheet.ie site were contributors upload there own photos and news stories.

I think the issue with the pregnant woman and cider is taking from a tweet and meant to be humorous. I don't think your one aisling actually writes for the site.

Will watch with interest

• Advertisement

Max1.2 wrote: »
    It's actually not a bad website to pass the time, reminds me of the www.broadsheet.ie site were contributors upload there own photos and news stories.

I think the issue with the pregnant woman and cider is taking from a tweet and meant to be humorous. I don't think your one aisling actually writes for the site.

Will watch with interest
    My point is the grammar - seen as opposed to saw. It is on the main page and regardless of the source should, at the very least, be subject to editorial correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

I take your point about the grammar Srameen but one grammatical/spelling error does not make a site bad. Lift any newspaper on any given day and I guarantee you'll find flaws in it if you go through it carefully.

I think any site that gives more info on the area and seems to be promoting the area is a positive and at the end of the day it's not costing anyone anything to access unlike the likes of the Argus/Democrat etc, which you have to pay for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I see Dundalk has got a new competitor to the Argus....www.talkofthetown.ie, let's hope they keep it fresh and entertaining and not just be a fad.

Check out some of the 'insta'Dundalk photos that they use.

The Democrat is the best paper in Dundalk

I don't think either the Democrat or Argus have much to worry about.

I don't think either the Democrat or Argus have much to worry about.

I Dunno, add the arbitrary colum and they'd be on a par personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Demo is good for Dundalk FC.

Argus is good for GAA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Dunny wrote: »
    Demo is good for Dundalk FC.

Argus is good for GAA.

Yeh very much so, The Argus's coverage of Dundalk is shocking compared to the Demos

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mr_staggerlee

l always loved el paso they kept it real and sailed close to the wind, hope someone starts up another one like it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Had a quick look, seems OK,

Rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

rugbyman wrote: »
    Had a quick look, seems OK,

Rugbyman

It's not bad.

Glad you signed off there Rugbyman,saved me from going cockeyed.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

l always loved el paso they kept it real and sailed close to the wind, hope someone starts up another one like it

Close to the wind? Eye of the storm! great fun all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tIS hImSelF

Sorry guys only getting a chance to get back on now, I mentioned the site here a few days as ago as

Sorry guys only getting a chance to get back on now, I mentioned the site here a few days as ago as

Pardon?

• Advertisement
Advertisement