Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java textpad issue

Options
  • 02-05-2013 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi

I've been using textpad for java programming for the past 8 months. When I compiled some code my error messages would always show in a seperate box below the code I wrote. However that box has vanished and now I cant see my compiler errors.

I dont seem to find any solutions online and have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Java JDK software and textpad, yet still no luck.

Any advice would be appreciated?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

MWK1811 wrote: »
    I've been using textpad for java programming for the past 8 months.

Is there any reason any you're not using a proper Java integrated development environment, like Eclipse ? It's free...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Is there any reason any you're not using a proper Java integrated development environment, like Eclipse ? It's free...

This, but I'd urge anyone to IntelliJ rather than Eclipse. I made the switch a month ago and I'll never go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Seems to be a preference to some lecturers. I'm just finishing my 1st year and it's what we were told to use

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭MWK1811

Textpad is what we were told to use in college.. and the college computers only have textpad. :(

Thanks for the replies..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dobby11

what version textpad you using??

if same as mine textpad 6. then just go to "view" and select"tool output" and it should show up again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

It's actually better to use something like Textpad to start with, you learn a lot more about classpaths etc. that way.

once you're comfortable with that (and doing more complicated programming), an IDE is a good idea. My preference is Eclipse, but each has his or her opinion - I'm not getting into that war! :-)

Advertisement