Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeff Hanneman Has Died.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Darkwarriorcok

Rip

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Shocked :eek:

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

I never post in here, but Slayer are my favourite band since I was 14. I can't believe this has happened, I really though he was on the mend and would be 100% by next year. R.I.P. Jeff you'll be sorely missed. :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Don't think it had anything to do with the bite incident?? His liver seems to have packed in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

RIP Jeff Hanneman. The word icon is overused these days but he was a thrash metal icon.

Whether Slayer go on now is irrelevant to me, without Hanneman writing the songs and playing the guitar and with Dave sacked, the band is finished in my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Don't think it had anything to do with the bite incident?? His liver seems to have packed in?
    The little information released so far suggests he was in hospital at the time. It's possible it was liver failure due to the symtoms of the snake bite.

Degag wrote: »
    The little information released so far suggests he was in hospital at the time. It's possible it was liver failure due to the symtoms of the snake bite.

Yeah, could've been??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

RIP Jeff, he'll be a huge loss to the musical world.

Twas a spider bite methinks?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Darkwarriorcok

It was a spider bite!

Could well of been, also some medications are hard on the liver and I imagine he was on a strong cocktail to fend off be infection! He recovered from the bite but meds etc could of done damage plus he liked a gargle, so .....

Anyway,

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Twas a spider bite methinks?
    It was a spider bite!

Could well of been, also some medications are hard on the liver and I imagine he was on a strong cocktail to fend off be infection! He recovered from the bite but meds etc could of done damage plus he liked a gargle, so .....

Anyway,

RIP
    Yeah, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Fr Pat Noise

Terrible news. Was looking forward to seeing them for the first time next month, all gigs are off for a while now I imagine? RIP Jeff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Rip Jeff. Will be sadly missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Awful to hear this. My preferred guitarist in Slayer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Brother just text me there about it. Absolutely gutted... :(

Thanks for the music Jeff. RIP

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Terrible news. Another metal idol taken from us far too young. Some of my earliest memories of metal included watching him shredding and tapping away on the Seasons in the Abyss video while his long blonde hair covered his face...

Glad to have gotten the chance to see him live on numerous occasions. Not once did he let anyone down.

RIP Jeff.

hanneman-dgh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

rip Jeff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Just heard this now, shocked and stunned is an understatement! Awful news...

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

As a Huge slayer fan this has completely devastated me, thanks Jeff for some of the heaviest songs of all time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Sarky wrote: »
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Unbelievable. Knew he didn't look well, with a drink in his hand anyhow but Tom came out recently to say he was still a part of slayer.. probably to help keep him tcking over, all kerry said was how reclusive he was. This puts a really fcuking weird spin on the upcoming show. They have to fold now; or at least no more albums?! just disrespectful. But there goes my fave guitarist. Wrote the sickest riffs ever imo, he put the punk in slayer. The attitude, the street smart. And the shock factor, I think Kerry would have been more Judas Priest?!

Jeff Hanneman, Satan Laughs As You Eternally Rock.

and boy did he rock... Curiously overused phrase in theses times, but this guy more than justified it. Big old void now... this news will register, soon. God Forbid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

RIP

God on guitar - will be missed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

RIP old bean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

I grew up with these guys, Metallica and Slayer.

Sorry for the his family.
    Left some great memories behind him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

A spokeswoman for the band, Heidi Fitzgerald said the Necroticizing Fascitis from the spider bite likely 'contributed' to his liver failure so fcuk spiders before alcohol maybe.. he didn't really look unwell with a drink anyhow, was just with the black eye and knickers on his head but I wonder if cihrrrosis also contributed as that's how my dad went, at the same age is common

But passing away with his wife by his hospital bedside is not a bad way to go I guess.. didn't know he was married. RIP Jeff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Shocking news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MGWR

A spokeswoman for the band, Heidi Fitzgerald said the Necroticizing Fascitis from the spider bite likely 'contributed' to his liver failure so fcuk spiders before alcohol maybe.. he didn't really look unwell with a drink anyhow, was just with the black eye and knickers on his head but I wonder if cihrrrosis also contributed as that's how my dad went, at the same age is common

But passing away with his wife by his hospital bedside is not a bad way to go I guess.. didn't know he was married. RIP Jeff.
    I had heard some sort of flesh-eating bacteria was the culprit more than the spider bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Shocked. R.I.P. Jeff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Great guitarist and craftsman of some fantastic songs and riffs.
    Never got to see him live unfortunately, will spend the day listening to the albums.
    RIP

Advertisement