Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeff Hanneman Has Died.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭dasdog

Thanks for blowing a younger me's mind away. I'd never heard anything quite like before it at the time.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Last time I saw them was at the Ambassador in 05. Savage gig. Got a high 5 from Jeff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

scudzilla wrote: »
    Don't even go there

why not?

RIP, this man is a legend. Perhaps it's somehow appropriate that it seems to be his demons which took him from us in the end.

WTF? He got bitten by a spider and died from the after affects.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

seachto7 wrote: »
    why not?

Because one of our hero's, a legend to many has just died, i for one cannot be arsed with idle speculation about other issues in his life, just let's show some respect at this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Don't even go there

A question was asked. I answered it. I'm not criticising Hanneman - if he wants to drink himself into an early grave that's his business. It was common knowledge anyway.

And yes, he is a legend!

Because one of our hero's, a legend to many has just died, i for one cannot be arsed with idle speculation about other issues in his life, just let's show some respect at this time

It's not idle speculation. It's a logical question. Someone died? Oh yeah? That's awful. What happened? Quite normal no. I'm not going to gossip or speculate. I heard he liked a drink. Was this a factor? "Yes it could have been." "No, it wasn't". Simple as....:rolleyes:

seachto7 wrote: »
    It's not idle speculation. It's a logical question. Someone died? Oh yeah? That's awful. What happened? Quite normal no. I'm not going to gossip or speculate. I heard he liked a drink. Was this a factor? "Yes it could have been." "No, it wasn't". Simple as....:rolleyes:

He died from after effects of a spider bite.

EDIT: The Conspiracy Theories forum is thataway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

He died from after effects of a spider bite.

EDIT: The Conspiracy Theories forum is thataway.
    no...he died from liver failure...could be a combination of a lot of things. THe bite being one of them.

no...he died from liver failure...could be a combination of a lot of things. THe bite being one of them.

Think it was as a result of the bite?

Anyway, RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

sentient_6 wrote: »
    why don't ye all piss off to metal-ireland or blabbermouth with the rest of the knuckle draggers?
    pardon?

why don't ye all piss off to metal-ireland or blabbermouth with the rest of the knuckle draggers?

who are you?

WTF?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Another post like that will earn a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/391/27811/Jeff-Hanneman-Was-On-Liver-Transplant-List-When-He-Died

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I posted this on my facebook earlier, and i'll post it here too:

I remember when Slayer played a two night stint in Dublin years ago. I didn't have tickets but went along to fibbers to have a few pints the night before the gig. I walk in and there's Jeff, Kerry and Paul Bostaph (Tom was absent) sitting in the corner having a few drinks and chatting fans. I spent some time chatting them too and remarked I didn't have tickets for the show. I cant remember who it was (possibly Bostaph) but they stuck me on the guest list. After thanking them and leaving them alone, I later on went to the gents and stood at the urinal doing my business, who comes in but Jeff Hanneman and stands next to me. We exchanged the usual "what's up" nod, before going our separate ways.

So my lasting memory of Jeff Hanneman is that he took a piss beside me.

RIP Jeff.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

RIP Jeff, needless to say I will be blasting Slayer at maximum volume tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Today's Questionable Content strip:

2439.png

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Just blasted my way through:

Reign In Blood, Hell Awaits, and South Of Heaven back to back. I forgot how good South Of Heaven is.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Just blasted my way through:

Reign In Blood, Hell Awaits, and South Of Heaven back to back. I forgot how good South Of Heaven is.

Aye, South of Heaven kicks fuckin' ass.

I haven't bought a Slayer album since Divine Intervention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭wallycharlo

I haven't bought a Slayer album since Divine Intervention

Slayer had two albums, Reign & South

All others were ... well .... you know ...

$$$

What about Hell Awaits

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 240 ✭✭The Barefoot Pizza Thief

Seen them back in '88 out in the Top Hat - great days.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Slayer had two albums, Reign & South

All others were ... well .... you know ...

$$$

Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits, Haunting The Chapel, Seasons In The Abyss and Divine Intervention are all savage albums with a good majority of the songs penned by Hanneman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Can't believe it.

Listened to slayer from age 17 and I'm nearly 27, only recently got back into them.

Shocked really.

Advertisement